Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020468 - 09/13/17 11:05 AM Anti-Zenger Gofundme
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Guys over on Phog created a GoFundMe page to fly a Fire Zenger banner around Memorial, if you're interested in supporting:

https://www.gofundme.com/7msmyb-it039s-time-to-move-on-from-ad-zenger

"It's time for a change. Money raised through this site will be used to fund an aerial banner being flown over Memorial Stadium at a home game this season calling for the firing of Sheahon Zenger. Additionally, any leftover or excess funds raised passed the amount of $500 will be used for other material related to the firing of Sheahon Zenger (newspaper ads, social media campaigns, etc.)"

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020469 - 09/13/17 11:35 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Guys over on Phog created a GoFundMe page to fly a Fire Zenger banner around Memorial, if you're interested in supporting:

https://www.gofundme.com/7msmyb-it039s-time-to-move-on-from-ad-zenger

"It's time for a change. Money raised through this site will be used to fund an aerial banner being flown over Memorial Stadium at a home game this season calling for the firing of Sheahon Zenger. Additionally, any leftover or excess funds raised passed the amount of $500 will be used for other material related to the firing of Sheahon Zenger (newspaper ads, social media campaigns, etc.)"
l am assuming this movement is fired by dissatisfaction with his hiring of Weis and Beaty....is that correct? Or are there other issues and if so what are they? Are these people ready to give up on Beaty too? If not Beaty then who?

Edited by track (09/13/17 11:36 AM)

#2020470 - 09/13/17 11:38 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

The summary says the following:

"Under the direction of Athletic Director Sheahon Zenger, football at the University of Kansas has been historically bad. According to USA Today, our record from 2010-2016, a stellar 14-70 stretch, was the worst winning percentage by any FBS school of THE DECADE.

This season looks to be more of the same. KU football was just pummeled at home by one of the only teams we had a hope of beating this year. If we lose to Ohio in Week 3, we will not have won on the road since Operation Desert Storm. No but really, since 2009.. 44.. FORTY FOUR STRAIGHT GAMES ON THE ROAD LOST.

Sheahon Zenger was hired to fix football at KU. In his SEVENTH year, we are somehow worse off than before he was hired. There is no other job in the world where you could perform so poorly and still retain your employment. In fact, not only retain your employment (with an annual salary of $600,000) but somehow recently receive an EXTENSION!

It's time for a change. Money raised through this site will be used to fund an aerial banner being flown over Memorial Stadium at a home game this season calling for the firing of Sheahon Zenger. Additionally, any leftover or excess funds raised passed the amount of $500 will be used for other material related to the firing of Sheahon Zenger (newspaper ads, social media campaigns, etc.)

In closing, know that Sheahon Zenger's most recent head coaching hire, the head coach of the Women's Basketball program, has a two year record of 14-47. It is clear that we do not have the leader we need in charge of our athletic department. It is time to demand the firing of Sheahon Zenger.

Help spread the word!"

#2020474 - 09/13/17 12:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

A tiny percentage care about women's bball so that's no reason to fire him....that being said they supposedly have a top rated recruiting class this year.

If they wanted him fired they should have done it after the weis fiasco. Firing him now says they have given up on Beaty after only 2 years and 2 games.....we keep going down that same old dead end road...fire them after 2 - 3 years. I am no zenger fan but he has been in charge during a butt load of new improvements to the bball, sports complex and football facilities....and the new dorms.

#2020475 - 09/13/17 12:36 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
"I am no zenger fan...".

FYI - I guess these days that modern surgical techniques can effortlessly remove the lips firmly planted on Zenger's behind.

#2020480 - 09/13/17 01:48 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Y
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
"I am no zenger fan...".

FYI - I guess these days that modern surgical techniques can effortlessly remove the lips firmly planted on Zenger's behind.
"I am no zenger fan...".

you are such an ass. Back on ignore

#2020483 - 09/13/17 01:57 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: track
"I am no zenger fan...".

you are such an ass. Back on ignore

And it won't bother me, you Zenger asskisser.

#2020484 - 09/13/17 02:06 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
oldalum Offline
Lawrence Legend

I think this effort, if successful, will be an embarrassment to everyone. Beaty didn't create the circumstances. He's just been willing to take on the responsibility for trying to change it. He is much more likely to make progress if he has some support. Zenger has done quite well in all other sports so far as I know. Football has been a problem since long before he came here. No money from me.

Edited by oldalum (09/13/17 02:07 PM)

#2020485 - 09/13/17 03:11 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: oldalum]
Saguaro_Jayhawk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: oldalum
I think this effort, if successful, will be an embarrassment to everyone. Beaty didn't create the circumstances. He's just been willing to take on the responsibility for trying to change it. He is much more likely to make progress if he has some support. Zenger has done quite well in all other sports so far as I know. Football has been a problem since long before he came here. No money from me.

Jayhawks football began trending downward during final 2 years of Big Lew's tenure. The big ticket scandal with prison time for Big Rod Jones, Ben Kirtland, Kass Liebsch and The 2 Blueballs signaled that either Big Lew should also do time or at least gonzo before long.

He did fail to hire Jim Harbaugh and his Plan B was a disappointing Turner Gill. frown

It would have been interesting to experience Bubba Cunningham as Kansas Athletic Director starting in 2011. I expect he would have done better with stabilizing our football program. His switch from TUlsa to UNC-CH has had some high points, but he has to be sick of all the time and $ wasted trying to defend the Tars' fake courses in African and Afro-American Studies.

#2020486 - 09/13/17 03:19 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Prairie Warrior

A tiny percentage care about women's bball so that's no reason to fire him....that being said they supposedly have a top rated recruiting class this year.

If they wanted him fired they should have done it after the weis fiasco. Firing him now says they have given up on Beaty after only 2 years and 2 games.....we keep going down that same old dead end road...fire them after 2 - 3 years. I am no zenger fan but he has been in charge during a butt load of new improvements to the bball, sports complex and football facilities....and the new dorms.

Everything you're trying to give Zenger credit for was either done by someone else or had to be done no matter who the AD was.

#2020487 - 09/13/17 03:45 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I truly don't care if any of you donate. You do you. I simply shared because it was noteworthy.

I agree with Esteban. Rock Chalk Park was Perkins' Olympic Village except more expensive and off campus. The basketball dorms were gift wrapped and handed to KU. The football dorm used no athletic funding.

Yay. He raised $3M for the football locker room and track removal (and spent $12M+ for the head football coaches that he fired).

#2020489 - 09/13/17 04:51 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: EstebanBugatti]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti

Everything you're trying to give Zenger credit for was either done by someone else or had to be done no matter who the AD was.

I am not trying to give him credit for sh!t... just accurately saying those things occurred under his watch. Everyone can draw their on conclusions. As I said earlier, I am not a fan so I don't really care if he is fired. I don't like his looks nor his previous association with Kstate nor his hiring of Weis... I do hope the Beaty hire ends well though.

Edited by track (09/13/17 06:11 PM)

#2020490 - 09/13/17 06:23 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I am not trying to give him credit for sh!t... just accurately saying those things occurred under his watch. Everyone can draw their on conclusions. As I said earlier, I am not a fan so I don't really care if he is fired. I don't like his looks nor his previous association with Kstate nor his hiring of Weis... I do hope the Beaty hire ends well though.
Beaty must be a track (rip van winkle) relative. I want the football program to be successful, not that Beaty makes a butt load of money off us. Just win a game unexpectedly...

#2020492 - 09/13/17 08:02 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

If they wanted him fired they should have done it

Who is "they"?

Quote:
Firing him now says they have given up on Beaty after only 2 years and 2 games.

Beaty is a proven loser.

Quote:
I am no zenger fan but he has been in charge during a butt load of new improvements to the bball, sports complex and football facilities....and the new dorms.

Yeah, no one else on the planet could possibly have hired a firm to redo 50+ year old facilities.

moron

#2020493 - 09/13/17 08:14 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: JimWest]
track Offline
gale sayers

I must be a moron to argue with an idiot like yourself.... but By definition idiots have 1/3 the IQ of a moron.... but you have company with kuco... so you have that going, idiot.

Edited by track (09/13/17 08:25 PM)

#2020494 - 09/13/17 11:13 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
INation Online   happy
Thunderhawk

We should keep Zinger to take care of Facilities and hire Bob Stoops as an Associate Athletics Director in charge of football operations.

#2020497 - 09/14/17 01:15 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Prairie Warrior

You are trying to give him credit for it when he had nothing to do with it.

#2020498 - 09/14/17 01:17 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Prairie Warrior

I truly don't care if any of you donate. You do you. I simply shared because it was noteworthy.

I agree with Esteban. Rock Chalk Park was Perkins' Olympic Village except more expensive and off campus. The basketball dorms were gift wrapped and handed to KU. The football dorm used no athletic funding.

Yay. He raised $3M for the football locker room and track removal (and spent $12M+ for the head football coaches that he fired).

RCP had to be built as well to satisfy Title IX issues. Zenger had nothing to do with it.

#2020499 - 09/14/17 06:07 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I must be a moron .... By definition idiots have 1/3 the IQ of a moron.... but you have company with kuco...
So, Asskisser & Moron?

#2020500 - 09/14/17 08:09 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: EstebanBugatti]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

RCP had to be built as well to satisfy Title IX issues. Zenger had nothing to do with it.

I agree with that also, but my point was that the new track, soccer, and softball plans were in place before he showed up. What he did do was tack on 10M+ to the price tag and move it to the outskirts of Lawrence.

#2020501 - 09/14/17 10:45 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

I must be a moron to argue with an idiot like yourself.... but By definition idiots have 1/3 the IQ of a moron.... but you have company with kuco... so you have that going, idiot.

but ellipsis but ellipsis but ellipsis

Zenger's time is over. He has an awesome record of failure to look back on.

KU needs to learn to stop hiring insiders for the top posts. They lack perspective and are only good at treading water.

#2020506 - 09/14/17 02:48 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: INation]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Originally Posted By: INation
We should keep Zinger to take care of Facilities and hire Bob Stoops as an Associate Athletics Director in charge of football operations.

I'm hoping that when you say Zenger should take care of facilities, he's walking around with a janitor cart and a mop.

#2020507 - 09/14/17 03:16 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I was thinking he could be one of the restroom attendants we brought in at Memorial.

#2020512 - 09/15/17 09:08 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Don't really care if they fire Zenger or not, but wouldn't this money be better served going to the stadium renovation fun; rather then some dumb a$$ banner?

#2020513 - 09/15/17 10:03 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

What stadium renovation fund?

#2020516 - 09/15/17 12:01 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Regardless of your opinions on Zenger, I think this is going to be a colossal embarrassment to the university. There's going to be a very good chance this will get airtime during the game on national TV as well as some national press which in turn will contribute to and reinforce an impression that KU football is in chaos and total free fall. That in turn will potentially hurt recruiting a great deal which will in turn hurt our football program regardless of if coach Beaty ends up ultimately succeeding or failing in turning this thing around.

There's obviously a growing,in both numbers and intensity, frustration with Zenger and the state of our football program. I just think there's better ways to express that then creating a negative scene on national TV during a football game which in my opinion will only reflect poorly on the football program. The pressure is building and I think Zenger is or at least should be on a shorter leash than coach Beaty is. Rightfully so. I don't think either one though is in any danger of being fired until Spring of 2019 or at least after the 2018 football season, so I'm not sure this stunt will even have any real effect on the goal of those behind it. i.e. to fire Zenger.

Personally I'm still a little bit more pro Zenger than anti, but I'd say it's like a 55/45 split for me. He's done great by a lot of sports and kept the bball program happy and rolling. He's failed miserably at fixing football so far and women's bball doesn't look so hot, but that could be changing as we just had a great recruiting class in women's bball. He hired Weis and that was a crap show that sent our football program back another 4 or 5 years despite his tenure only lasting for a little more than 2. He then hired coach Beaty and has given virtually everything to the program that coach Beaty has asked for since then.and I think those things were all important. But ultimately coach Beaty has to work out for Zenger to be kept on IMO. If in 2019 we're looking for a new football coach, we're also looking for a new AD. I'm still willing to let it play out at this point in time.

#2020518 - 09/15/17 12:08 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Glad to see someone has a rational post on the subject.

#2020519 - 09/15/17 02:45 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

So says the poster who calls everyone "idiots". His praise is always left handed compliments.

#2020521 - 09/15/17 04:54 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Having read this thread in it's entirety, I am more than amused. One simple fact about Athletic Directors at KU...none of them with the exception of Bob Marcum has ever given a crap about football. All have been on missions to feather their own beds.

I do agree with K-Man that a banner could further embarrass an already hapless program, so why not spend the money where it really should be spent....ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT going back 43 years to when Clyde Walker let Fambrough go and hired his frat buddy to be head coach. God knows we fans have paid a high price for the honor to be humiliated all but 7 or 8 of the years since.

I also agree we need some immediate stadium renovations....mainly reducing the capacity down to a more realistic 25k...then KAI can brag about approaching sellouts again.

Same old stuff, just a different year................

#2020525 - 09/15/17 06:35 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I think you're right about the negative national exposure this could bring and I hope the idea dies quickly. We are now in the seventh FB season of Zenger and I see very little indication that the situation is getting better. We continue to be sold improvement that is negligible in the W-L record. The most frustrating part of this is the overall condition of FB in the Big12 is that this was the time to establish something positive and we've fallen farther behind. Several other programs have had "issues" but nothing like ours.

As for Beaty, I remain hopeful, but there are things that make me uncomfortable. There seem to continue be instances on the sideline where the staff doesn't know what to do; down and distance, game situation, 25 sec clock...reminds me of Gill (and this is year 3). For me, this is Beaty's make or break year, and I don't mean in W-L record. If the recruiting class that looked so promising in the spring goes in the tank by winter, it could just kill whatever good will is left.

#2020527 - 09/15/17 08:04 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

What stadium renovation fund?

There is a thread on this blog talking about $300 million being spent on the football stadium. Maybe you should read that. You even posted on that thread numerous times. That might get you up to speed.

#2020531 - 09/15/17 11:41 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

They've announced a potential stadium renovation with approximate cost...but unless it's changed since last Saturday, they haven't started the public fundraising for it or spent any money to move forward.

We've also heard Zenger mention before that the stadium will rely on positive momentum--which we are currently lacking.

#2020532 - 09/16/17 12:08 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Just a comment about what might happen when an AD makes the right hire. I just watched the end of South Florida kicking Illinois. After the 2009 season, Jim Leavitt was fired at South Florida for what started out as player abuse. Sound familiar? He may have gotten over it except there were allegations he lied to people investigating the incident and tried to get others to lie in his favor. His lack of honesty is what ultimately did him in, according to the school. Skip Holtz was fired after three seasons with a record of 16-21, but only 3-9 the last one. They then hired Willie Taggart who is now the head coach at Oregon. Taggart's first year (2013) was 2-10, so he started out in a bad situation. Going into this week's game, USF is #22 nationally and Charlie Strong is now the coach. I don't have to give you the run down of where Kansas ex-coaches are these days. Every situation has its own set of problems, but USF has literally done more than twice as much in half the time.

My opinion...that's because of the coaches, and ultimately the guy that hires the coaches.

#2020534 - 09/16/17 11:47 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Regardless of your opinions on Zenger, I think this is going to be a colossal embarrassment to the university.

Were you talking about the banner or the Ohio game?

Because the Ohio game is approaching colossal embarrassment and there's 45 minutes to go.

#2020537 - 09/16/17 12:38 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Regardless of your opinions on Zenger, I think this is going to be a colossal embarrassment to the university.

Because the Ohio game is approaching colossal embarrassment and there's 45 minutes to go.

It could be worse. Once mighty Nebraska down 14-0 at half against northern Illinois. Ku please ....no more games against the mac.

Edited by track (09/16/17 12:40 PM)

#2020540 - 09/16/17 12:52 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

It could be worse. Once mighty Nebraska down 14-0 at half against northern Illinois. Ku please ....no more games against the mac.
My eleven point spread prediction is holding. But there is another half of football yet.

#2020543 - 09/16/17 01:27 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

It could be worse.

Umm...How?

We could give Zenger another extension and more money, I suppose.

The whole rape/crime culture in Waco plus their start is bad, but 40+ straight road losses, no more than three wins in 8 years, and giving the coach and AD extensions and raises makes us the worst. Not one of the worst. The WORST in the power five.

#2020547 - 09/16/17 01:48 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: PbBut]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: PbBut
As for Beaty, I remain hopeful, but there are things that make me uncomfortable. There seem to continue be instances on the sideline where the staff doesn't know what to do; down and distance, game situation, 25 sec clock...reminds me of Gill (and this is year 3).

Just to reinforce my own point...3rd and 1 in the red zone...delay of game...Really?

#2020551 - 09/16/17 02:17 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: beenahawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Having read this thread in it's entirety, I am more than amused. One simple fact about Athletic Directors at KU...none of them with the exception of Bob Marcum has ever given a crap about football. All have been on missions to feather their own beds.

I do agree with K-Man that a banner could further embarrass an already hapless program, so why not spend the money where it really should be spent....ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT going back 43 years to when Clyde Walker let Fambrough go and hired his frat buddy to be head coach. God knows we fans have paid a high price for the honor to be humiliated all but 7 or 8 of the years since.

I also agree we need some immediate stadium renovations....mainly reducing the capacity down to a more realistic 25k...then KAI can brag about approaching sellouts again.

Same old stuff, just a different year................

Class action lawsuits? Flying banners over KU field on who to fire? God, how many people would that list have and is there a large enough plane to carry a banner that long?

Zenger may be gone soon after the new chancellor comes in. That's my guess. And then Beaty will be on the chopping block if we go 1-11 this season, which is looking likely. But I don't think you can build on all these failed hires.

Who could KU get as a coach today? I feel like now we've already put our program into a hole so deep that the best we could get are retired coaches looking to come back for a short period of time, or some virtual unknown we get lucky to get. But the real truth is, if we get that and have some sustained success, we'll just cut our legs off again and be back in this situation again and again. *sigh*

#2020555 - 09/16/17 02:29 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
From every indication that I've heard is that the new Chancellor is a "don't rock the boat" type of guy. A "yes" man if you will. He'll probably give Zenger more time.

#2020561 - 09/16/17 02:46 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Who is the new chancellor supposed to be? I think we need someone who doesn't cave to pressure and knows what they are doing. Someone who gets Weis because Weis is a good salesman for himself or because Zenger was pressured by some KU high rollers is not the type of AD I want.

#2020564 - 09/16/17 03:16 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
casey Online   content
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Zenger lets Self's clown car of hoopsters get away with whatever they want. Self loves Zenger. Zenger is safe.

#2020565 - 09/16/17 03:20 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: namohcan_99]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: namohcan_99
Who is the new chancellor supposed to be? I think we need someone who doesn't cave to pressure and knows what they are doing. Someone who gets Weis because Weis is a good salesman for himself or because Zenger was pressured by some KU high rollers is not the type of AD I want.
I thought it was the head of the Medical School. Is that not right?

#2020570 - 09/16/17 03:51 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: 58hawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: namohcan_99
I thought it was the head of the Medical School. Is that not right?

I honestly don't know. I stopped caring about the AD and the football program after we fired Mangino, hired Gill, fired Gill, hired Weis, fired Weis, and Beaty hasn't really delivered yet. I really thought our offense would be better than it has been thus far. And I never dreamed our secondary would be so pathetic. It seems like a broken record. Now we'll be trading out AD's like coaches. LOL. I want KU to be successful but we've made such terrible decisions and we didn't fix them immediately. We let them stick around and really damage this program. I hope whoever takes over at chancellor really cares about football for KU. We don't have to be a national contender. But why can't we be a top 50 team? Making some lower bowl games would be respectable. That would be just fine for me. The only chance we had at getting there this season is if we won the first 6 games. And that was being very optimistic, even before we found out how poor our secondary was per our coaching staff, let alone the O-Line.

#2020571 - 09/16/17 04:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Namocan really gave Weis a bunch of time before he went for his scalp

#2020591 - 09/16/17 06:08 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Weis poured gasoline on the Gill dumpster fire, put it on a train, and wrecked the train.

Zenger's biggest success was firing him. Unfortunately, Zenger's biggest failure was hiring him in the first place.

#2020608 - 09/16/17 10:38 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Two things....Zenger would gladly take the firing....1.4 million dollar buyout and 700k per year guaranteed through 2024.

Do we need more instability heading into probable conference realignment in the next 3-6 years? I remember how badly we got phucked last time when our "commissioner" only cared that Tejas was able to keep the fledgling LIttlehorn Network and watched 3 vitally important ORIGINAL members of the Big 6 bolt for more money and stability, without even trying to get them to stay.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but we are truly on the verge of losing our entire athletic department, if we don't play this game well.

RCJHKU!

#2020618 - 09/17/17 01:10 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

The banner of course.

The Ohio game speaks for itself.

The banner would be like having a big pimple on your forehead and then making a big sign pointing to it saying, "hey everybody, in case you didn't notice, I've got a big ole zit on my forehead. Look!"

#2020619 - 09/17/17 01:14 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

The banner of course.

The Ohio game speaks for itself.

The banner would be like having a big pimple on your forehead and then making a big sign pointing to it saying, "hey everybody, in case you didn't notice, I've got a big ole zit on my forehead. Look!"
We need to pop that zit. Banner the dude.

#2020620 - 09/17/17 01:22 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUHawkhead]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Two things....Zenger would gladly take the firing....1.4 million dollar buyout and 700k per year guaranteed through 2024.

Do we need more instability heading into probable conference realignment in the next 3-6 years? I remember how badly we got phucked last time when our "commissioner" only cared that Tejas was able to keep the fledgling LIttlehorn Network and watched 3 vitally important ORIGINAL members of the Big 6 bolt for more money and stability, without even trying to get them to stay.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but we are truly on the verge of losing our entire athletic department, if we don't play this game well.

RCJHKU!
To be more accurate, Colorado left for less money and more expenses.

Also, with another rumored round of layoffs on top of the layoffs that have already taken place at ESPN, I'm not so sure there's going to be much realignment stuff going on like has happened. Despite all the public bitc|hing, moaning, and posturing by schools, the last 2 rounds were driven almost purely by money and that money was in large part provided by ESPN. ESPN's financial troubles have been mounting and don't show signs of slowing down in the next few years. Without that big money to drive future realignment crap, I'm not confident much will happen other than some more bitc|hing, moaning, and public posturing by some schools. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN puts pressure on schools and conferences behind the scenes to not try and switch conferences or expand respectively as that would likely save ESPN some much needed cash I don't think Fox Sports wants to go down the same road of overpaying for conference rights like ESPN has either..

#2020621 - 09/17/17 01:24 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

A sign isn't going o pop it. It's just going to bring more embarrassing attention to it.

#2020626 - 09/17/17 02:49 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

A sign isn't going o pop it. It's just going to bring more embarrassing attention to it.
He totally deserves a personal banner. Kansas can't be more embarrassed.

#2020628 - 09/17/17 05:58 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
jhawkblue Offline
John Brown

really not sure what flying a banner over an almost empty stadium will accomplish, if the chancellor makes decision based on banners we screwed anyway

I do disagree that it would "look bad or embarrassing for the progam" if it aired on TV, it would not be any more embarrassing than the [censored] show we put on the field each week or the continuing reports on espn of our of our historically bad consecutive road loss streak or giving up 427 to a true fresh man RB or making the "not top 10 plays of the week" because not a single player on the O Line has been coached on how to execute a cut block

KU is not 0-2 vs the MAC because they had superior talent we lost because we were woefully unprepared and out coached in every aspect of the games.

Z has failed with every hire in the football program Weis,Bowen,Beaty

unfortunately the chancellor has only been in place for a couple of months so Im afraid that no change will be made until after the 18 season so we can look foreword to being 4-44

lets all just hope that doesn't look bad or embarrassing for the program

#2020630 - 09/17/17 06:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

So everyone is aware of the zit we have...how do you suggest we deal with it?

#2020632 - 09/17/17 08:24 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

#2020638 - 09/17/17 11:56 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

If you feel that strongly about it, I'd make it know to your WEF representative. Let the new Chancellor's office know about it. Stop your donations. Maybe even stop buying season tickets.

Lots of ways to make it well known to the administration how you feel about it and even some ways to hit them in the pocketbook if you feel you must.

Oh, and come on message boards and vent or make your feelings known or even comment on stories on KUsports.com about how you feel about it all. That'll even get back to the admins I'm positive.

That's about as much as you can do, unless you're one of the big donors or others with significant influence on big decision making within the school and that's not a small deal either. It may not prompt the change you seek at the time you seek it, but it'll definitely have an eventual influence on things if enough others follow suit.

#2020685 - 09/18/17 06:21 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

I stopped WEF donations when they canned the Fat Man, stopped season tickets after 41 years last season. KU got their last cash from this old Hawk. I'm through with the crap they call football.

The entire department is a joke! Hope all you current Season Ticket holders are enjoying your "Free Clear Bag".........I know they forgot the directions....1. Open bag. 2. Place over head. 3. Close bag tightly and breath normally. 4. You will no longer suffer as a KU grid Fan!

#2020688 - 09/18/17 07:41 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

5. Rinse & repeat in 2018.

#2020690 - 09/18/17 08:38 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
jhawkclassof02 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Newton, KS
Just a note about the banner. If I recall correctly after 9/11 they halted aircraft flying over stadiums without special FAA clearance. It's been a while since 2001 so maybe things have changed but there's a chance this all could be moot anyway. Or maybe they have the clearance. Or maybe Im wrong. Who knows.

#2020704 - 09/19/17 11:30 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: jhawkclassof02]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: jhawkclassof02
Just a note about the banner. If I recall correctly after 9/11 they halted aircraft flying over stadiums without special FAA clearance. It's been a while since 2001 so maybe things have changed but there's a chance this all could be moot anyway. Or maybe they have the clearance. Or maybe Im wrong. Who knows.

Or maybe they don't care.

#2020705 - 09/19/17 12:16 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Boycotting the FB games and not buying tickets to FB games won't help. I'd suggest you stop going to and watching the MBB games. You would be successful in firing Zenger if you get the fans to stop paying attention to BB. Put your money where your mouth is.

#2020707 - 09/19/17 01:35 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: jhawkclassof02]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

They prevent fly overs an hour before, during, and an hour after the game.

#2020709 - 09/19/17 01:57 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: JimWest

They sure as hell will care when the pilot's license is revoked and an FBI agent or 2 is waiting on him at the airport he lands at.

Flying in or even close to restricted airspace is a big deal. They even sometimes scramble Air Force jets to intercept you if you even look like you may violate certain restricted airspaces around the country.

#2020723 - 09/19/17 09:38 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

They sure as hell will care when the pilot's license is revoked and an FBI agent or 2 is waiting on him at the airport he lands at.

Flying in or even close to restricted airspace is a big deal. They even sometimes scramble Air Force jets to intercept you if you even look like you may violate certain restricted airspaces around the country.

lol

Ok, Mr. Ruralite RuLEZ Are RulEz!@

#2020725 - 09/19/17 11:00 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

The whole banner thing sounds like charging windmills, but there may be a KU patriot out there who is willing to undergo an FBI interrogation and a cavity search for the future of KU football.

#2020729 - 09/19/17 11:53 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

lol

Ok, Mr. Ruralite RuLEZ Are RulEz!@
Says the guy who's never been in a small plane intercepted by a couple F-16's because air traffic control "thought" you may be flying towards a restricted airspace. Was 100% their fault (air traffic control), but it's no GD joke when that happens.

It's not like speeding a little or some other minor traffic law. It's like ruining your career as a pilot or favorite hobby of flying, plus incurring a bunch of legal fees and fines, and maybe go to jail type of thing.

#2020730 - 09/19/17 11:55 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: PbBut]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PbBut
The whole banner thing sounds like charging windmills, but there may be a KU patriot out there who is willing to undergo an FBI interrogation and a cavity search for the future of KU football.
JimWest is pretty cocky. Maybe he's got the balls to put his money where his mouth is and fly the banner up there himself or at least ride along with the pilot dumb enough...err courageous enough to do it.

#2020731 - 09/20/17 06:59 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Listened to as much of the Beaty show as I could last night before 810 shut the power down. Who are these idiots that call in with questions. No tough questions ... stupid sh!t like how much can you bench press coach.
I know it's total speculation but I suspect if mason or mangino were coaching this team we would have one or two more wins at this point.

Edited by track (09/20/17 07:02 AM)

#2020733 - 09/20/17 08:22 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Says the guy who's never been in a small plane intercepted by a couple F-16's because air traffic control "thought" you may be flying towards a restricted airspace. Was 100% their fault (air traffic control), but it's no GD joke when that happens.

It's not like speeding a little or some other minor traffic law. It's like ruining your career as a pilot or favorite hobby of flying, plus incurring a bunch of legal fees and fines, and maybe go to jail type of thing.

lol uh huh

#2020735 - 09/20/17 09:32 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
Wilt Chamberlain

Listened to as much of the Beaty show as I could last night before 810 shut the power down. Who are these idiots that call in with questions. No tough questions ... stupid sh!t like how much can you bench press coach.
I know it's total speculation but I suspect if mason or mangino were coaching this team we would have one or two more wins at this point.

I also miss the "live" Q&A of the old days. All calls and e-mails are totally screened so what remains are boring questions that have little or nothing to do with the status of KU Football. They started the current format when Mangino got a bit testy with a caller who questioned what if anything was the staff doing to solve a road losing streak. I thought Mangino's answer was pretty funny, apparently someone at KAI (Lew?) didn't and that ended the live portion of the show.

I also agree that if Mason or Mangino were coaching this bunch, one additional "W" for certain. Don't forget that Mason did apply when Z hired DB. I think Mase would have served well as kind of an interim allowing Bowen to grow into a HC role. Too many times in our grid history the hire has no vested interest in KU. I honestly wanted Bowen to succeed, might have been a Fam 3.0! But we've got DB, for better or for worse, he is the HC.....and his "Air Raid" offense, which I personally despise.

#2020739 - 09/20/17 01:50 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: beenahawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

I thought they had ended the live call ins back in the game ball days. I remember listening when someone would call in and just start embarrassing TA with the questioning and Bob Davis hitting the kill switch a bunch of times when it got real embarrassing. It made for some very entertaining listening, but I imagine the KU AD was not at all happy about it back then.

Maybe they just suspended the live part of the show for a while back then instead of ending it permanently if Mangino was still doing it for a while?

#2020741 - 09/20/17 05:11 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

Mangino had a live show at least through the 08 season, maybe even into 09 before they pulled the live plug. Beaty gets a HUGE break due to that, it would be totally UGLY live.

#2020760 - Yesterday at 02:32 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/nebraska-fires-athletic-director-shawn-eichorst/ar-AAsjxOe

This is what a proactive university chancellor does after an embarrassing home loss to Northern Illinois.

#2020761 - Yesterday at 02:59 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/nebraska-fires-athletic-director-shawn-eichorst/ar-AAsjxOe

This is what a proactive university chancellor does after an embarrassing home loss to Northern Illinois.
Except it was the AD's hire...

#2020763 - Yesterday at 03:24 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

Except it was the AD's hire...
Translation is necessary from you.
The chancellor at Nebraska fired the AD after a upset loss at home to N Illinois. Does it sound like what we should have had done to Zenger at CMU upset? I'm spelling it out to you slowly.

#2020765 - Yesterday at 03:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I don't follow what you're trying to say...

The AD got fired because football has taken a turn for the worst.

#2020766 - Yesterday at 04:04 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

I don't follow what you're trying to say...

The AD got fired because football has taken a turn for the worst.

Since we cannot get much worse, what should be done at KU?

#2020767 - Yesterday at 04:41 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

First and foremost, you wait to see how the season ends and probably recruiting as well. Whether you believe Beaty is right or wrong for KU, he needs his fair shake of this year and next year to prove himself. He was brought in to fix a mess, and we all knew it wasn't a quick fix. This gives him another year to figure it out, but it also shows him that we need to see results.

At the point in time that Zenger has had SEVEN football seasons and failed to achieve more than three wins in any given season with declining ticket sales and revenue, it is time to try someone new.

Zenger is in a compromised position where he will not make a fair decision on Beaty because he knows that he is directly tied to him. He also knows firing Beaty would make himself (Zenger) look like a complete jackass for the extension and added buyout.

Secure the donors and funding, make sure the plan is in place to successfully renovate the stadium (and the baseball and volleyball venues depending on your opinion), and provide him a severance package. The quicker this is done the quicker KU can begin a search for a new AD.

Much like with Zenger's first year, the new AD will be allowed to hire and fire as he sees fit while overseeing and fulfilling the building plans laid out by the previous AD.

#2020768 - Yesterday at 06:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

First and foremost, you wait to see how the season ends and probably recruiting as well. Whether you believe Beaty is right or wrong for KU, he needs his fair shake of this year and next year to prove himself. He was brought in to fix a mess, and we all knew it wasn't a quick fix. This gives him another year to figure it out, but it also shows him that we need to see results.

At the point in time that Zenger has had SEVEN football seasons and failed to achieve more than three wins in any given season with declining ticket sales and revenue, it is time to try someone new.

Zenger is in a compromised position where he will not make a fair decision on Beaty because he knows that he is directly tied to him. He also knows firing Beaty would make himself (Zenger) look like a complete jackass for the extension and added buyout.

Secure the donors and funding, make sure the plan is in place to successfully renovate the stadium (and the baseball and volleyball venues depending on your opinion), and provide him a severance package. The quicker this is done the quicker KU can begin a search for a new AD.

Much like with Zenger's first year, the new AD will be allowed to hire and fire as he sees fit while overseeing and fulfilling the building plans laid out by the previous AD.
Is there not the possibility that the VIPs involved in making decisions about the AD, are happy with Zenger and desire to keep him but form a committee to hire the next football coach if it's deemed necessary after 4 or 5 years?

#2020778 - Today at 09:35 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Why would you be happy with Zenger? If complacent, I could see someone being mildly content, but I don't see how you could possibly be "happy" with an AD that has failed in his seven seasons to fix football. This is alarming because most of us recognize that fixing football was the key reason he was hired.

Are the "happy" VIPs providing KU Athletics so much money that we're going to look the other way on the extensive missed revenue opportunities that our football program has seen due declining ticket sales and the merchandise, food, beverages, etc that come with attendance? Are we looking the other way on the millions we've squandered on fired football coaches and coaching searches?

KU Athletics is a business. Zenger is the CEO of that business. If you are an investor of a business and the CEO is failing to recognize the value of a potential cash cow, how long would you keep investing? How long would you give him to recognize that value?

#2020779 - Today at 09:45 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

All good questions. Wonder if the new stadium will have any effect on the decision. Wonder if bill self will have any input. Wonder if the VIPs share your opinion about zenger. It's an interesting time in ku athletics that's for sure.

#2020781 - Today at 11:01 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
You have to be kidding me in thinking any WEF donor (big time or not) is happy with Zenger. Do you realize football will be the deciding factor as to where KU will land if the conference crumbles? Bill Self is not going to coach in the Missouri Valley (or whatever rinky dink conference there is). Zenger needs to be gone now if for no other reason than to tell the football coaches their jobs are on the line as well. I understand the mess Coach Beaty inherited. That mess is no excuse for the last two weeks.

And, in firing Zenger, I would not give him a penny in severance. Make him tell a jury why he should get his money. As far as I'm concerned, he is in breach of contract.

#2020782 - Today at 11:06 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Unfortunately, the employer almost always loses those cases because the opposing lawyers will find something ambiguous in the contract wording, and with the way contract law works, the party that draws up the contract cannot benefit from said ambiguity.

Unless it is a one sided contract or there's dirt on Zenger that isn't public knowledge, he'll likely get, at worst, his $1.4M buyout.

#2020783 - Today at 11:41 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2017/9/19/...-wasnt-progress

Another writer's opinion of Kansas football at present...

#2020785 - Today at 01:19 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
John_Brown Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2017/9/19/...-wasnt-progress

Another writer's opinion of Kansas football at present...

Nice read. I have no idea how someone survives 3 and 33. Particularly when the losses are as devastating as the last two weeks. Speaks to the desperation on both sides. However, if he holds his recruiting class together, do we have a choice?

Just gotta hope we pull some 6 pic masterpiece this weekend.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview