Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020765 - 09/21/17 03:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I don't follow what you're trying to say...

The AD got fired because football has taken a turn for the worst.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020766 - 09/21/17 04:04 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
I don't follow what you're trying to say...

The AD got fired because football has taken a turn for the worst.

Since we cannot get much worse, what should be done at KU?

#2020767 - 09/21/17 04:41 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

First and foremost, you wait to see how the season ends and probably recruiting as well. Whether you believe Beaty is right or wrong for KU, he needs his fair shake of this year and next year to prove himself. He was brought in to fix a mess, and we all knew it wasn't a quick fix. This gives him another year to figure it out, but it also shows him that we need to see results.

At the point in time that Zenger has had SEVEN football seasons and failed to achieve more than three wins in any given season with declining ticket sales and revenue, it is time to try someone new.

Zenger is in a compromised position where he will not make a fair decision on Beaty because he knows that he is directly tied to him. He also knows firing Beaty would make himself (Zenger) look like a complete jackass for the extension and added buyout.

Secure the donors and funding, make sure the plan is in place to successfully renovate the stadium (and the baseball and volleyball venues depending on your opinion), and provide him a severance package. The quicker this is done the quicker KU can begin a search for a new AD.

Much like with Zenger's first year, the new AD will be allowed to hire and fire as he sees fit while overseeing and fulfilling the building plans laid out by the previous AD.

#2020768 - 09/21/17 06:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
First and foremost, you wait to see how the season ends and probably recruiting as well. Whether you believe Beaty is right or wrong for KU, he needs his fair shake of this year and next year to prove himself. He was brought in to fix a mess, and we all knew it wasn't a quick fix. This gives him another year to figure it out, but it also shows him that we need to see results.

At the point in time that Zenger has had SEVEN football seasons and failed to achieve more than three wins in any given season with declining ticket sales and revenue, it is time to try someone new.

Zenger is in a compromised position where he will not make a fair decision on Beaty because he knows that he is directly tied to him. He also knows firing Beaty would make himself (Zenger) look like a complete jackass for the extension and added buyout.

Secure the donors and funding, make sure the plan is in place to successfully renovate the stadium (and the baseball and volleyball venues depending on your opinion), and provide him a severance package. The quicker this is done the quicker KU can begin a search for a new AD.

Much like with Zenger's first year, the new AD will be allowed to hire and fire as he sees fit while overseeing and fulfilling the building plans laid out by the previous AD.
Is there not the possibility that the VIPs involved in making decisions about the AD, are happy with Zenger and desire to keep him but form a committee to hire the next football coach if it's deemed necessary after 4 or 5 years?

#2020778 - 09/22/17 09:35 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Why would you be happy with Zenger? If complacent, I could see someone being mildly content, but I don't see how you could possibly be "happy" with an AD that has failed in his seven seasons to fix football. This is alarming because most of us recognize that fixing football was the key reason he was hired.

Are the "happy" VIPs providing KU Athletics so much money that we're going to look the other way on the extensive missed revenue opportunities that our football program has seen due declining ticket sales and the merchandise, food, beverages, etc that come with attendance? Are we looking the other way on the millions we've squandered on fired football coaches and coaching searches?

KU Athletics is a business. Zenger is the CEO of that business. If you are an investor of a business and the CEO is failing to recognize the value of a potential cash cow, how long would you keep investing? How long would you give him to recognize that value?

#2020779 - 09/22/17 09:45 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

All good questions. Wonder if the new stadium will have any effect on the decision. Wonder if bill self will have any input. Wonder if the VIPs share your opinion about zenger. It's an interesting time in ku athletics that's for sure.

#2020781 - 09/22/17 11:01 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
You have to be kidding me in thinking any WEF donor (big time or not) is happy with Zenger. Do you realize football will be the deciding factor as to where KU will land if the conference crumbles? Bill Self is not going to coach in the Missouri Valley (or whatever rinky dink conference there is). Zenger needs to be gone now if for no other reason than to tell the football coaches their jobs are on the line as well. I understand the mess Coach Beaty inherited. That mess is no excuse for the last two weeks.

And, in firing Zenger, I would not give him a penny in severance. Make him tell a jury why he should get his money. As far as I'm concerned, he is in breach of contract.

#2020782 - 09/22/17 11:06 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Unfortunately, the employer almost always loses those cases because the opposing lawyers will find something ambiguous in the contract wording, and with the way contract law works, the party that draws up the contract cannot benefit from said ambiguity.

Unless it is a one sided contract or there's dirt on Zenger that isn't public knowledge, he'll likely get, at worst, his $1.4M buyout.

#2020783 - 09/22/17 11:41 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2017/9/19/...-wasnt-progress

Another writer's opinion of Kansas football at present...

#2020785 - 09/22/17 01:19 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

Nice read. I have no idea how someone survives 3 and 33. Particularly when the losses are as devastating as the last two weeks. Speaks to the desperation on both sides. However, if he holds his recruiting class together, do we have a choice?

Just gotta hope we pull some 6 pic masterpiece this weekend.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2020789 - 09/22/17 03:46 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: John_Brown]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: John_Brown

Nice read. I have no idea how someone survives 3 and 33. Particularly when the losses are as devastating as the last two weeks. Speaks to the desperation on both sides. However, if he holds his recruiting class together, do we have a choice?

Just gotta hope we pull some 6 pic masterpiece this weekend.

Personally, I am kind of tired of hearing about DB as a recruiter. I don't give a rats butt if he retains recruits or not, especially kids who hail from Bevoland.

Do you know what the following players have in common? (Just to name a few!)

Hadl, Douglas, Jaynes, Dickey, Grogan, Spani, J. Zook, D. Zook, Yankowski, Beason, Towel, L. Smith, Campfield, Riggins, Sanders, J. Smith, B. Adams.

Each and every one of them hailed from the state of KANSAS and was drafted in at least the 2nd round.

#2020790 - 09/22/17 05:36 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Well, the consensus is Beaty/Bowen should be fired. Only real question now is, how long can the money gravy train last? Team is really disappointing and nobody can say Weis is the current problem. Can they stumble thru 2017? With this type effort?

#2020800 - 09/22/17 06:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Well, the consensus is Beaty/Bowen should be fired. Only real question now is, how long can the money gravy train last? Team is really disappointing and nobody can say Weis is the current problem. Can they stumble thru 2017? With this type effort?

Consensus is zenger needs to be fired first then the new ad can hire his loser. That's what we do at ol ku.

#2020802 - 09/22/17 07:13 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: beenahawk]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk

Personally, I am kind of tired of hearing about DB as a recruiter. I don't give a rats butt if he retains recruits or not, especially kids who hail from Bevoland.

Do you know what the following players have in common? (Just to name a few!)

Hadl, Douglas, Jaynes, Dickey, Grogan, Spani, J. Zook, D. Zook, Yankowski, Beason, Towel, L. Smith, Campfield, Riggins, Sanders, J. Smith, B. Adams.

Each and every one of them hailed from the state of KANSAS and was drafted in at least the 2nd round.

Right now, the defense is headlined w/ Kansas kids and is by far the worst unit on the field. I'm w/ you on giving up on Bevo's (and Tech/Baylor/HornedFrogs/aTm/SMU/Houston) rejects. But it seems that the Buddha's tactic of Okie rejects and Mase's tactic of Buckeye rejects (and stealing GBrown from Schembechler) appears to be the better options.

Mix in the Kansas kids to fill out the roster. But Kansas HS football simply does little to prepare guys for the Big12.

#2020807 - 09/22/17 09:39 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Leawood]
track Offline
gale sayers

Sounds like one of those VIPs...the chancellor ...is ok with zenger.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview