Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020705 - 09/19/17 12:16 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
The banner would be like having a big pimple on your forehead and then making a big sign pointing to it saying, "hey everybody, in case you didn't notice, I've got a big ole zit on my forehead. Look!"

So everyone is aware of the zit we have...how do you suggest we deal with it?

Boycotting the FB games and not buying tickets to FB games won't help. I'd suggest you stop going to and watching the MBB games. You would be successful in firing Zenger if you get the fans to stop paying attention to BB. Put your money where your mouth is.

#2020707 - 09/19/17 01:35 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: jhawkclassof02]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Originally Posted By: jhawkclassof02
Just a note about the banner. If I recall correctly after 9/11 they halted aircraft flying over stadiums without special FAA clearance. It's been a while since 2001 so maybe things have changed but there's a chance this all could be moot anyway. Or maybe they have the clearance. Or maybe Im wrong. Who knows.

They prevent fly overs an hour before, during, and an hour after the game.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020709 - 09/19/17 01:57 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: JimWest]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Just a note about the banner. If I recall correctly after 9/11 they halted aircraft flying over stadiums without special FAA clearance. It's been a while since 2001 so maybe things have changed but there's a chance this all could be moot anyway. Or maybe they have the clearance. Or maybe Im wrong. Who knows.

Or maybe they don't care.
They sure as hell will care when the pilot's license is revoked and an FBI agent or 2 is waiting on him at the airport he lands at.

Flying in or even close to restricted airspace is a big deal. They even sometimes scramble Air Force jets to intercept you if you even look like you may violate certain restricted airspaces around the country.

#2020723 - 09/19/17 09:38 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

They sure as hell will care when the pilot's license is revoked and an FBI agent or 2 is waiting on him at the airport he lands at.

Flying in or even close to restricted airspace is a big deal. They even sometimes scramble Air Force jets to intercept you if you even look like you may violate certain restricted airspaces around the country.

lol

Ok, Mr. Ruralite RuLEZ Are RulEz!@

#2020725 - 09/19/17 11:00 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
The whole banner thing sounds like charging windmills, but there may be a KU patriot out there who is willing to undergo an FBI interrogation and a cavity search for the future of KU football.

#2020729 - 09/19/17 11:53 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: JimWest]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

lol

Ok, Mr. Ruralite RuLEZ Are RulEz!@
Says the guy who's never been in a small plane intercepted by a couple F-16's because air traffic control "thought" you may be flying towards a restricted airspace. Was 100% their fault (air traffic control), but it's no GD joke when that happens.

It's not like speeding a little or some other minor traffic law. It's like ruining your career as a pilot or favorite hobby of flying, plus incurring a bunch of legal fees and fines, and maybe go to jail type of thing.

#2020730 - 09/19/17 11:55 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: PbBut]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PbBut
The whole banner thing sounds like charging windmills, but there may be a KU patriot out there who is willing to undergo an FBI interrogation and a cavity search for the future of KU football.
JimWest is pretty cocky. Maybe he's got the balls to put his money where his mouth is and fly the banner up there himself or at least ride along with the pilot dumb enough...err courageous enough to do it.

#2020731 - 09/20/17 06:59 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Listened to as much of the Beaty show as I could last night before 810 shut the power down. Who are these idiots that call in with questions. No tough questions ... stupid sh!t like how much can you bench press coach.
I know it's total speculation but I suspect if mason or mangino were coaching this team we would have one or two more wins at this point.

Edited by track (09/20/17 07:02 AM)

#2020733 - 09/20/17 08:22 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Says the guy who's never been in a small plane intercepted by a couple F-16's because air traffic control "thought" you may be flying towards a restricted airspace. Was 100% their fault (air traffic control), but it's no GD joke when that happens.

It's not like speeding a little or some other minor traffic law. It's like ruining your career as a pilot or favorite hobby of flying, plus incurring a bunch of legal fees and fines, and maybe go to jail type of thing.

lol uh huh

#2020735 - 09/20/17 09:32 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: track
Listened to as much of the Beaty show as I could last night before 810 shut the power down. Who are these idiots that call in with questions. No tough questions ... stupid sh!t like how much can you bench press coach.
I know it's total speculation but I suspect if mason or mangino were coaching this team we would have one or two more wins at this point.

I also miss the "live" Q&A of the old days. All calls and e-mails are totally screened so what remains are boring questions that have little or nothing to do with the status of KU Football. They started the current format when Mangino got a bit testy with a caller who questioned what if anything was the staff doing to solve a road losing streak. I thought Mangino's answer was pretty funny, apparently someone at KAI (Lew?) didn't and that ended the live portion of the show.

I also agree that if Mason or Mangino were coaching this bunch, one additional "W" for certain. Don't forget that Mason did apply when Z hired DB. I think Mase would have served well as kind of an interim allowing Bowen to grow into a HC role. Too many times in our grid history the hire has no vested interest in KU. I honestly wanted Bowen to succeed, might have been a Fam 3.0! But we've got DB, for better or for worse, he is the HC.....and his "Air Raid" offense, which I personally despise.

#2020739 - 09/20/17 01:50 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I thought they had ended the live call ins back in the game ball days. I remember listening when someone would call in and just start embarrassing TA with the questioning and Bob Davis hitting the kill switch a bunch of times when it got real embarrassing. It made for some very entertaining listening, but I imagine the KU AD was not at all happy about it back then.

Maybe they just suspended the live part of the show for a while back then instead of ending it permanently if Mangino was still doing it for a while?

#2020741 - 09/20/17 05:11 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Mangino had a live show at least through the 08 season, maybe even into 09 before they pulled the live plug. Beaty gets a HUGE break due to that, it would be totally UGLY live.

#2020760 - 09/21/17 02:32 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/nebraska-fires-athletic-director-shawn-eichorst/ar-AAsjxOe

This is what a proactive university chancellor does after an embarrassing home loss to Northern Illinois.

#2020761 - 09/21/17 02:59 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/nebraska-fires-athletic-director-shawn-eichorst/ar-AAsjxOe

This is what a proactive university chancellor does after an embarrassing home loss to Northern Illinois.
Except it was the AD's hire...

#2020763 - 09/21/17 03:24 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

Except it was the AD's hire...
Translation is necessary from you.
The chancellor at Nebraska fired the AD after a upset loss at home to N Illinois. Does it sound like what we should have had done to Zenger at CMU upset? I'm spelling it out to you slowly.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview