Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020591 - 09/16/17 06:08 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Weis poured gasoline on the Gill dumpster fire, put it on a train, and wrecked the train.

Zenger's biggest success was firing him. Unfortunately, Zenger's biggest failure was hiring him in the first place.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020608 - 09/16/17 10:38 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Two things....Zenger would gladly take the firing....1.4 million dollar buyout and 700k per year guaranteed through 2024.

Do we need more instability heading into probable conference realignment in the next 3-6 years? I remember how badly we got phucked last time when our "commissioner" only cared that Tejas was able to keep the fledgling LIttlehorn Network and watched 3 vitally important ORIGINAL members of the Big 6 bolt for more money and stability, without even trying to get them to stay.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but we are truly on the verge of losing our entire athletic department, if we don't play this game well.

RCJHKU!

#2020618 - 09/17/17 01:10 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Regardless of your opinions on Zenger, I think this is going to be a colossal embarrassment to the university.

Were you talking about the banner or the Ohio game?

Because the Ohio game is approaching colossal embarrassment and there's 45 minutes to go.
The banner of course.

The Ohio game speaks for itself.

The banner would be like having a big pimple on your forehead and then making a big sign pointing to it saying, "hey everybody, in case you didn't notice, I've got a big ole zit on my forehead. Look!"

#2020619 - 09/17/17 01:14 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Regardless of your opinions on Zenger, I think this is going to be a colossal embarrassment to the university.

Were you talking about the banner or the Ohio game?

Because the Ohio game is approaching colossal embarrassment and there's 45 minutes to go.
The banner of course.

The Ohio game speaks for itself.

The banner would be like having a big pimple on your forehead and then making a big sign pointing to it saying, "hey everybody, in case you didn't notice, I've got a big ole zit on my forehead. Look!"
We need to pop that zit. Banner the dude.

#2020620 - 09/17/17 01:22 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Two things....Zenger would gladly take the firing....1.4 million dollar buyout and 700k per year guaranteed through 2024.

Do we need more instability heading into probable conference realignment in the next 3-6 years? I remember how badly we got phucked last time when our "commissioner" only cared that Tejas was able to keep the fledgling LIttlehorn Network and watched 3 vitally important ORIGINAL members of the Big 6 bolt for more money and stability, without even trying to get them to stay.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but we are truly on the verge of losing our entire athletic department, if we don't play this game well.

RCJHKU!
To be more accurate, Colorado left for less money and more expenses.

Also, with another rumored round of layoffs on top of the layoffs that have already taken place at ESPN, I'm not so sure there's going to be much realignment stuff going on like has happened. Despite all the public bitc|hing, moaning, and posturing by schools, the last 2 rounds were driven almost purely by money and that money was in large part provided by ESPN. ESPN's financial troubles have been mounting and don't show signs of slowing down in the next few years. Without that big money to drive future realignment crap, I'm not confident much will happen other than some more bitc|hing, moaning, and public posturing by some schools. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN puts pressure on schools and conferences behind the scenes to not try and switch conferences or expand respectively as that would likely save ESPN some much needed cash I don't think Fox Sports wants to go down the same road of overpaying for conference rights like ESPN has either..

#2020621 - 09/17/17 01:24 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
A sign isn't going o pop it. It's just going to bring more embarrassing attention to it.

#2020626 - 09/17/17 02:49 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
A sign isn't going o pop it. It's just going to bring more embarrassing attention to it.
He totally deserves a personal banner. Kansas can't be more embarrassed.

#2020628 - 09/17/17 05:58 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
jhawkblue Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

really not sure what flying a banner over an almost empty stadium will accomplish, if the chancellor makes decision based on banners we screwed anyway

I do disagree that it would "look bad or embarrassing for the progam" if it aired on TV, it would not be any more embarrassing than the [censored] show we put on the field each week or the continuing reports on espn of our of our historically bad consecutive road loss streak or giving up 427 to a true fresh man RB or making the "not top 10 plays of the week" because not a single player on the O Line has been coached on how to execute a cut block

KU is not 0-2 vs the MAC because they had superior talent we lost because we were woefully unprepared and out coached in every aspect of the games.

Z has failed with every hire in the football program Weis,Bowen,Beaty

unfortunately the chancellor has only been in place for a couple of months so Im afraid that no change will be made until after the 18 season so we can look foreword to being 4-44

lets all just hope that doesn't look bad or embarrassing for the program

#2020630 - 09/17/17 06:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

So everyone is aware of the zit we have...how do you suggest we deal with it?

#2020632 - 09/17/17 08:24 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

#2020638 - 09/17/17 11:56 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

So everyone is aware of the zit we have...how do you suggest we deal with it?
If you feel that strongly about it, I'd make it know to your WEF representative. Let the new Chancellor's office know about it. Stop your donations. Maybe even stop buying season tickets.

Lots of ways to make it well known to the administration how you feel about it and even some ways to hit them in the pocketbook if you feel you must.

Oh, and come on message boards and vent or make your feelings known or even comment on stories on KUsports.com about how you feel about it all. That'll even get back to the admins I'm positive.

That's about as much as you can do, unless you're one of the big donors or others with significant influence on big decision making within the school and that's not a small deal either. It may not prompt the change you seek at the time you seek it, but it'll definitely have an eventual influence on things if enough others follow suit.

#2020685 - 09/18/17 06:21 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I stopped WEF donations when they canned the Fat Man, stopped season tickets after 41 years last season. KU got their last cash from this old Hawk. I'm through with the crap they call football.

The entire department is a joke! Hope all you current Season Ticket holders are enjoying your "Free Clear Bag".........I know they forgot the directions....1. Open bag. 2. Place over head. 3. Close bag tightly and breath normally. 4. You will no longer suffer as a KU grid Fan!

#2020688 - 09/18/17 07:41 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

5. Rinse & repeat in 2018.

#2020690 - 09/18/17 08:38 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
jhawkclassof02 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Newton, KS
Just a note about the banner. If I recall correctly after 9/11 they halted aircraft flying over stadiums without special FAA clearance. It's been a while since 2001 so maybe things have changed but there's a chance this all could be moot anyway. Or maybe they have the clearance. Or maybe Im wrong. Who knows.

#2020704 - 09/19/17 11:30 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: jhawkclassof02]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: jhawkclassof02
Just a note about the banner. If I recall correctly after 9/11 they halted aircraft flying over stadiums without special FAA clearance. It's been a while since 2001 so maybe things have changed but there's a chance this all could be moot anyway. Or maybe they have the clearance. Or maybe Im wrong. Who knows.

Or maybe they don't care.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview