Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020527 - 09/15/17 08:04 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
What stadium renovation fund?

There is a thread on this blog talking about $300 million being spent on the football stadium. Maybe you should read that. You even posted on that thread numerous times. That might get you up to speed.

#2020531 - 09/15/17 11:41 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
They've announced a potential stadium renovation with approximate cost...but unless it's changed since last Saturday, they haven't started the public fundraising for it or spent any money to move forward.

We've also heard Zenger mention before that the stadium will rely on positive momentum--which we are currently lacking.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020532 - 09/16/17 12:08 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Just a comment about what might happen when an AD makes the right hire. I just watched the end of South Florida kicking Illinois. After the 2009 season, Jim Leavitt was fired at South Florida for what started out as player abuse. Sound familiar? He may have gotten over it except there were allegations he lied to people investigating the incident and tried to get others to lie in his favor. His lack of honesty is what ultimately did him in, according to the school. Skip Holtz was fired after three seasons with a record of 16-21, but only 3-9 the last one. They then hired Willie Taggart who is now the head coach at Oregon. Taggart's first year (2013) was 2-10, so he started out in a bad situation. Going into this week's game, USF is #22 nationally and Charlie Strong is now the coach. I don't have to give you the run down of where Kansas ex-coaches are these days. Every situation has its own set of problems, but USF has literally done more than twice as much in half the time.

My opinion...that's because of the coaches, and ultimately the guy that hires the coaches.

#2020534 - 09/16/17 11:47 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Regardless of your opinions on Zenger, I think this is going to be a colossal embarrassment to the university.

Were you talking about the banner or the Ohio game?

Because the Ohio game is approaching colossal embarrassment and there's 45 minutes to go.

#2020537 - 09/16/17 12:38 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Regardless of your opinions on Zenger, I think this is going to be a colossal embarrassment to the university.

Because the Ohio game is approaching colossal embarrassment and there's 45 minutes to go.

It could be worse. Once mighty Nebraska down 14-0 at half against northern Illinois. Ku please ....no more games against the mac.

Edited by track (09/16/17 12:40 PM)

#2020540 - 09/16/17 12:52 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: track

It could be worse. Once mighty Nebraska down 14-0 at half against northern Illinois. Ku please ....no more games against the mac.
My eleven point spread prediction is holding. But there is another half of football yet.

#2020543 - 09/16/17 01:27 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: track
It could be worse.

Umm...How?

We could give Zenger another extension and more money, I suppose.

The whole rape/crime culture in Waco plus their start is bad, but 40+ straight road losses, no more than three wins in 8 years, and giving the coach and AD extensions and raises makes us the worst. Not one of the worst. The WORST in the power five.

#2020547 - 09/16/17 01:48 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: PbBut]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Originally Posted By: PbBut
As for Beaty, I remain hopeful, but there are things that make me uncomfortable. There seem to continue be instances on the sideline where the staff doesn't know what to do; down and distance, game situation, 25 sec clock...reminds me of Gill (and this is year 3).

Just to reinforce my own point...3rd and 1 in the red zone...delay of game...Really?

#2020551 - 09/16/17 02:17 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: beenahawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Having read this thread in it's entirety, I am more than amused. One simple fact about Athletic Directors at KU...none of them with the exception of Bob Marcum has ever given a crap about football. All have been on missions to feather their own beds.

I do agree with K-Man that a banner could further embarrass an already hapless program, so why not spend the money where it really should be spent....ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT going back 43 years to when Clyde Walker let Fambrough go and hired his frat buddy to be head coach. God knows we fans have paid a high price for the honor to be humiliated all but 7 or 8 of the years since.

I also agree we need some immediate stadium renovations....mainly reducing the capacity down to a more realistic 25k...then KAI can brag about approaching sellouts again.

Same old stuff, just a different year................

Class action lawsuits? Flying banners over KU field on who to fire? God, how many people would that list have and is there a large enough plane to carry a banner that long?

Zenger may be gone soon after the new chancellor comes in. That's my guess. And then Beaty will be on the chopping block if we go 1-11 this season, which is looking likely. But I don't think you can build on all these failed hires.

Who could KU get as a coach today? I feel like now we've already put our program into a hole so deep that the best we could get are retired coaches looking to come back for a short period of time, or some virtual unknown we get lucky to get. But the real truth is, if we get that and have some sustained success, we'll just cut our legs off again and be back in this situation again and again. *sigh*

#2020555 - 09/16/17 02:29 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
From every indication that I've heard is that the new Chancellor is a "don't rock the boat" type of guy. A "yes" man if you will. He'll probably give Zenger more time.

#2020561 - 09/16/17 02:46 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Who is the new chancellor supposed to be? I think we need someone who doesn't cave to pressure and knows what they are doing. Someone who gets Weis because Weis is a good salesman for himself or because Zenger was pressured by some KU high rollers is not the type of AD I want.

#2020564 - 09/16/17 03:16 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Zenger lets Self's clown car of hoopsters get away with whatever they want. Self loves Zenger. Zenger is safe.

#2020565 - 09/16/17 03:20 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: namohcan_99]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: namohcan_99
Who is the new chancellor supposed to be? I think we need someone who doesn't cave to pressure and knows what they are doing. Someone who gets Weis because Weis is a good salesman for himself or because Zenger was pressured by some KU high rollers is not the type of AD I want.
I thought it was the head of the Medical School. Is that not right?

#2020570 - 09/16/17 03:51 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: 58hawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: namohcan_99
I thought it was the head of the Medical School. Is that not right?

I honestly don't know. I stopped caring about the AD and the football program after we fired Mangino, hired Gill, fired Gill, hired Weis, fired Weis, and Beaty hasn't really delivered yet. I really thought our offense would be better than it has been thus far. And I never dreamed our secondary would be so pathetic. It seems like a broken record. Now we'll be trading out AD's like coaches. LOL. I want KU to be successful but we've made such terrible decisions and we didn't fix them immediately. We let them stick around and really damage this program. I hope whoever takes over at chancellor really cares about football for KU. We don't have to be a national contender. But why can't we be a top 50 team? Making some lower bowl games would be respectable. That would be just fine for me. The only chance we had at getting there this season is if we won the first 6 games. And that was being very optimistic, even before we found out how poor our secondary was per our coaching staff, let alone the O-Line.

#2020571 - 09/16/17 04:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Namocan really gave Weis a bunch of time before he went for his scalp

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview