Page 71 of 74 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020399 - 09/11/17 01:19 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: schmuck34]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
With how the first 2 games have gone and with how very quiet things have been on the recruiting front for the past 2 months, I won't be surprised if this is just 1 of a few more.

The coaches better get their asses in gear and go out and get the guys they can get instead of waiting on some hopefuls IMHO. Cause I don't think the hopefuls we had legit shots at before the season are going to be legit shots for us much longer unless we really figure some things out soon.

#2020405 - 09/11/17 03:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
The staff got raises so no more motivation to do anything. BTW the team rankings in 2018 recruiting seem rather anemic.

Fans like winning too, kman

#2020431 - 09/12/17 12:45 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
schmuck34 Offline
John Brown

Lolohea decomitted.

#2020432 - 09/12/17 12:52 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: schmuck34]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: schmuck34
Charles Cameron just decomitted.
And to be expected his best friend/teammate Lolohea also decommitted. Those 2 are a package deal so it's not surprising.

Still puts more pressure on our coaches to get on it in recruiting as much as they need to get on it in the coaching department.

This thing is snowballing right before their eyes and they've got to come up with a way to put a halt to it if they wanna be our coaches by the end of next season still.

Winning games fixes everything, but if the vague rumors about a bunch of guys maybe being in effect gone from the team (or at least suspended indefinitely depending on which version you hear) because of disciplinary action that may be a tougher thing to do than before. If there's any truth to that, then they're going to have to be creative as hell to come up with a solution.

#2020434 - 09/12/17 01:27 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
EstebanBugatti Online   content
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
And to be expected his best friend/teammate Lolohea also decommitted. Those 2 are a package deal so it's not surprising.

Still puts more pressure on our coaches to get on it in recruiting as much as they need to get on it in the coaching department.

This thing is snowballing right before their eyes and they've got to come up with a way to put a halt to it if they wanna be our coaches by the end of next season still.

Winning games fixes everything, but if the vague rumors about a bunch of guys maybe being in effect gone from the team (or at least suspended indefinitely depending on which version you hear) because of disciplinary action that may be a tougher thing to do than before. If there's any truth to that, then they're going to have to be creative as hell to come up with a solution.

I'm sure a lot more will end up suspended or off the team before the year is up. Pretty sure Charles Baldwin is one of the new ones. I'm gonna guess that he called out the coaches for leaving Frazier in to be abused by CMU and the coaches didn't like hearing the truth.

#2020435 - 09/12/17 02:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita

Things appear to be getting away from them in a hurry. They better get it corrected against Ohio or it may be the end. If a bunch of guys get suspended, and things go from bad to worse they are done.

I know some people will say it is not the coaches fault that the kids got suspended, but if it is a big enough issue the school will say it is a lack of institutional control and clean house.

Not looking good for Beaty or KU football. I still contend they are cursed.

#2020436 - 09/12/17 02:19 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1

Things appear to be getting away from them in a hurry. They better get it corrected against Ohio or it may be the end. If a bunch of guys get suspended, and things go from bad to worse they are done.

I know some people will say it is not the coaches fault that the kids got suspended, but if it is a big enough issue the school will say it is a lack of institutional control and clean house.

Not looking good for Beaty or KU football. I still contend they are cursed.

Lots of talk here about multiple suspensions and now more suspensions are on the horizon? Sounds like a bunch of fans looking for excuses. ..and making stuff up .... unless someone can confirm multiple suspensions have taken place recently. ???????

#2020439 - 09/12/17 03:30 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

That's some calling out kman and dgless, track.

#2020446 - 09/12/17 04:15 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Call me out. I have no issues with that. Random whiners on the internet can call me out as often as they'd like.

I haven't suggested suspensions, and I haven't made a single excuse.

I do my part, I buy my tickets, I go to the games, I sit in my seats.

I still want Beaty. I still expect him to get 4 full years like he should.

Zenger needs to go. Nothing should be done until that happens. No matter what you pout about, it's on Zenger. No AD gets 3 chances to hire and fire a coach due to performance, and he has yet to prove that his renovations are real life.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020447 - 09/12/17 05:24 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

I think we are overreacting a little with one game. As homers it's perfectly normal to get excited at that start of a new season and have high expectations. The season isn't over... it just started. Beaty isn't going anywhere until at least 2019... he just got an extension. Zenger isn't going anywhere either. ... he is launching stadium renovation in a month. We just need something positive to happen. ...,like a win.

#2020448 - 09/12/17 05:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
I would agree, if it was just one game. But, unless "track" is the screen name for Rip Van Winkle, this has been going on for several years.

I think the people here will calm down if we come out and make good showing on Saturday, then you might be able to say "one game...". But if Ohio ends up being another curb stomping, you ain't heard nothing yet.

As for Zenger, I believe we can all say if we were "for or against" the hiring of Weis and Beaty. We can second guess all we want but in the end we want them to succeed. Zenger can't second guess, he's paid to get it right. At this point regarding football, the term "miserable failure" would be a promotion for Dr. Zenger.

#2020449 - 09/12/17 06:23 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: PbBut]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: PbBut
I would agree, if it was just one game. But, unless "track" is the screen name for Rip Van Winkle, this has been going on for several years.

I think the people here will calm down if we come out and make good showing on Saturday, then you might be able to say "one game...". But if Ohio ends up being another curb stomping, you ain't heard nothing yet.

As for Zenger, I believe we can all say if we were "for or against" the hiring of Weis and Beaty. We can second guess all we want but in the end we want them to succeed. Zenger can't second guess, he's paid to get it right. At this point regarding football, the term "miserable failure" would be a promotion for Dr. Zenger.
track says its only a game. 20% of our 2018 class quit right after it. Fans abandoned the team 2nd half. Only one game.

#2020456 - 09/12/17 07:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

B
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

track says its only a game. 20% of our 2018 class quit right after it. Fans abandoned the team 2nd half. Only one game.

Prior to the game most were optimistic and figuring a 2-0 start. After the game nothing but gloom and doom. That one game changed the atmosphere around here from hopeful to depressed.. that's one friggen game you idiot. .. it changed everything. A win Saturday will change it back... and so it goes for ku football where wins are few and far between

#2020457 - 09/12/17 07:42 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: track]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
KUCO wants Beaty fired so he loves it when we lose...

#2020465 - 09/13/17 09:22 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: 58hawk]
Hot_Toddy Offline
Junior Jayhawk

My sources say it is not discipline related but offensive lineman Cameron Durley is no longer on the team.

Page 71 of 74 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 >

Preview