Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020392 - 09/11/17 11:10 AM Kansas +7 at Ohio
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Line immediately jumped to Ohio -8.5. Anyone think the early investors are getting it wrong?

#2020397 - 09/11/17 12:56 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: casey]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I hope so, but unfortunately I don't think they are.

#2020404 - 09/11/17 03:40 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I thought it was 9. If we are thoroughly whipped in Ohio, can we open up the new HC discussion?

#2020421 - 09/11/17 11:35 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I thought it was 9. If we are thoroughly whipped in Ohio, can we open up the new HC discussion?

No. That's part of our problem, we don't stick long enough with anyone to give them a chance to get the program pieced back together. Yeah, fire Beaty and spend another three years trying to move out of the bottom. Then repeat the same stupid cycle. Every time we fire someone the program goes deeper into the hole. If we aren't willing to spend the time to get out of it, we're doomed to digging an even deeper hole.

#2020423 - 09/11/17 11:53 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Saguaro_Jayhawk Offline
Phog Fanatic

I watched Ohio's recent loss to Purdue. Their offense looked best when QB #12 Rourke ran QB option with threat of pitch to trailing RB.

I was surprised by how much larger, faster and stronger many of PU's players looked compared to Ohio's. I watched PU last season and they looked like a much improved team.

Solich showed some uncertainty about which QB he preferred. He started #7 Maxwell, but played only first 2 series. Did not appear to be replaced because of injury.

fwiw, Rourke played his 2016 season as QB for Fort Scott JuCo Greyhounds.

#2020424 - 09/11/17 11:56 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: Saguaro_Jayhawk]
Saguaro_Jayhawk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Forgot to include above . . .
spread is now at Jayhawks +7.5 with over/under of 54

#2020427 - 09/12/17 10:15 AM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
No. That's part of our problem, we don't stick long enough with anyone to give them a chance to get the program pieced back together. Yeah, fire Beaty and spend another three years trying to move out of the bottom. Then repeat the same stupid cycle. Every time we fire someone the program goes deeper into the hole. If we aren't willing to spend the time to get out of it, we're doomed to digging an even deeper hole.
No chance of coach Beaty getting fired this year.

Next year will be his make or break year in large part because of exactly the previous 2 cycles of what you described.

#2020428 - 09/12/17 10:42 AM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
No chance of coach Beaty getting fired this year.

Next year will be his make or break year in large part because of exactly the previous 2 cycles of what you described.
In my opinion, the Ohio collapse may be a straw that breaks his back. Attendance will be sparse for KU, and the revenue stream is necessary to finance something new and exciting. Again, IMO.

#2020429 - 09/12/17 11:03 AM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: Jayhawk1952]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I don't want a new HC until Zenger is gone and replaced.

Papa John isn't qualified to fire and hire coaches.

He's been talking about stadium renovations since July 2012, and we've seen how that's gone. I won't hold my breath on those either.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020430 - 09/12/17 12:44 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: casey]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The thing that I really don't get about this crap is that the KU team from the last 4 games of last season would kick the crap out of the KU team from the 1st two games of this season. No question about it in my mind.

I've heard rumblings of rumors that some kind of major discipline thing went on with the team a week or 2 before the season began but kind of dismissed it because I only heard it once from 1 reliable person and from a couple others I don't know well. Maybe there's some truth to it and that's playing a big behind the scenes part in how poor we've looked so far this year? Just a though to explain how this team looks to have taken a step backwards from where we ended the season last year. Somethings amiss here beyond simple X's and O's IMHO.

#2020433 - 09/12/17 12:58 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
The thing that I really don't get about this crap is that the KU team from the last 4 games of last season would kick the crap out of the KU team from the 1st two games of this season. No question about it in my mind.

I've heard rumblings of rumors that some kind of major discipline thing went on with the team a week or 2 before the season began but kind of dismissed it because I only heard it once from 1 reliable person and from a couple others I don't know well. Maybe there's some truth to it and that's playing a big behind the scenes part in how poor we've looked so far this year? Just a though to explain how this team looks to have taken a step backwards from where we ended the season last year. Somethings amiss here beyond simple X's and O's IMHO.

Agreed i don't know how KU is that far off from last year. Hopefully the CMU game was an anomaly.

I thought Beaty was safe for next year, but if the season ends up being a series of boat races who knows?

#2020437 - 09/12/17 03:04 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: casey]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

#2020438 - 09/12/17 03:29 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: casey]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
I'm beginning to think this program is not fixable. We lost two JUCO recruits today, most likely from the loss. Every year I hear how its going to be different then I drink the kool aide. Replacing Beaty right now isn't the right approach either. I find it hard to believe that anyone they hire wouldn't have the same result. We still have a chance to beat Baylor and Texas Tech. Not sure about Iowa State though we should be competitive. Winning Saturday would cancel out the CMU loss.

#2020442 - 09/12/17 04:01 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: casey]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Lots of games to go.

#2020444 - 09/12/17 04:12 PM Re: Kansas +7 at Ohio [Re: casey]
MNJhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Orlando, FL
cant fire Beaty until we at least have a full roster of scholarship players. This decade- just about every year we have had new coordinators and about every other year a new head coach.

1st we need to build a full roster- get a little stability. then if we still have weeks like last week then we can move on.. again.

Stability is half the battle in digging out of the gutter. Gill would have been a bad coach for us, and it was the right move to fire him- but if he was in his 8th season at kansas right now i can almost guarantee we would be at least thinking about a bowl game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview