Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019694 - 08/18/17 08:58 AM Re: no response is a response [Re: MICHHAWK]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Bohemia
While I appreciate the pragmatism and potential efficiency of resource use in this possible solution, I don't really think it ends without a civil war of some sort. I see that as being a bad thing for the economy and dragging the rest of us down with them seems like a bad thing.

#2019695 - 08/18/17 09:12 AM Re: no response is a response [Re: parkhawk3319]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

#2019699 - 08/18/17 10:51 AM Re: no response is a response [Re: parkhawk3319]
imzcount Offline
John Brown

Loc: az
What we witnessed in Charlottesville was the intent to polarize America. The tribal left vs. the tribal right.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/14/char...divide-america/

#2019702 - 08/18/17 11:06 AM Re: no response is a response [Re: imzcount]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
The far right and the far left represent a miniscule % of the population. Yet the media is trying their damndest to make it seem like they are America. They are not America. Not even close.

#2019708 - 08/18/17 11:53 AM Re: no response is a response [Re: MICHHAWK]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

The Nazis were a small faction of the German population and yet they took power. Slave owners were a small part of the population of the South and yet they convinced the whole South to fight a war for slavery. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat. Did you ever think you would see Nazis marching openly with flags and swastikas and guns down the streets of a major US city in your lifetime? I didn't, still hard to believe. I am old enough to have been in Chicago during the race riots of the 60's and can still remember the terror as my grandfather ( City of Chicago police) called us to tell us where the worst violence was occurring and assured us if things got worse he would call and give us directions on what streets to take so that we could get a safe exit out of the City. We didn't have cell phones and the TV stations didn't have helicopters so information came to us when he could stop at a pay phone and call. The signs of big trouble are here, we ignore at our own peril. Fear sells so we see a lot of violence in the media, I get that. But this is different, this is palpable.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview