Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019525 - 08/13/17 07:33 AM KU football gear
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Look, I know it's been bleak. I get it. I bought into it. I went away (though I still followed the team and watched every game I could). But the wife and I ran to Lawrence yesterday for a day away from the sand hills, and one of our stops was the bookstore in the union. First of all, the new set up has a very boutique feel to it...mostly overpriced Adidas crap with an occasional interesting overpriced nugget thrown in just to grab your eye.

Secondly, I tried to find some football gear. Was thinking maybe a new hat, T-shirt, would consider looking at last years jersey if the price was right. There was ONE, yes ONE style of Adidas T-shirt available with an old blue throwback Jayhawk on the side that read Kansas Football.

Wow. This was stunning to me. There's a long mountain to climb kids. Can we keep the crowd going upward with us?

RCJHKU!

#2019526 - 08/13/17 09:23 AM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Out here in Denver, Rocky Mtn JHawk fan #1, I'm used to "long mountain to climb". The Adidas monopoly is strangling the competition. If we win some games, we would start to have some leverage on the gear. I have my stuff from 2007-8 to wear so...

#2019527 - 08/13/17 10:12 AM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Oh, I have ALL the T-shirts they gave away in the fun years (Mangino). I agree with the Adidas needs to go philosophy. UA does the best unis IMHO.

On a sidenote.....how terrible is the Broncos Offense? Watching that game Thursday night was like deja vu to last season. Yuck.
RCJHKU!

#2019528 - 08/13/17 11:04 AM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Oh, I have ALL the T-shirts they gave away in the fun years (Mangino). I agree with the Adidas needs to go philosophy. UA does the best unis IMHO.

On a sidenote.....how terrible is the Broncos Offense? Watching that game Thursday night was like deja vu to last season. Yuck.
RCJHKU!
Sidenote, the two Broncos offensive issues are too many RBs (6) that are crowding each other. And everyone is now talking (perhaps not seriously says the HC) about the third string QB Sloter. Rookie Henderson at RB may have a thumb injury requiring surgery, so RB may be working itself out during preseason.

The Adidas stranglehold is a LT issue that may be helped if Beaty can start winning some games at Kansas. More leverage to do a better job by the gear maker.

#2019529 - 08/13/17 11:49 AM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUCO_VOC]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Go Broncs!

#2019530 - 08/13/17 01:31 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUHawkhead]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
The 'boutique feel' is invading everything. This last Chancellor invited these boutique ideas on our campus and I'm a bit apprehensive that this entire Mid-Campus development around AllenFieldhouse will have a 'boutique' feel to it. By the way, what the he!! is that entire 'boutique town' down by the river in BuenaVista Co? Geesus, I take the family into what appeared to be a burger joint for lunch afore getting out on the river and got an $90 haircut. Kids ordering salmon burgers and what not. If's effing Colorado for gawdsakes. A salmon burger? One day, Colorado is gonna become a giant boutique metropolis creeping around the valleys between the mountains.

As for me, I've still got my old Hawks at Work and Beat Mizzou gear I wear on game days. Cannot stand the new crap.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2019531 - 08/13/17 03:14 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: John_Brown]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Colorado is so full of West Coast transplants, they're just transforming it into where they came from. Lots of boutique style stuff been popular for years out in Cali. Got a lot of relatives out in the Bay Area and they say a lot of the people moving to Colorado are some of the worst types of West Coasters. LOL

Dunno if that's really true or not, but there has been a ton of em moving to CO over the past 25-30 years. Hence the inflated realty prices, etc.

#2019532 - 08/13/17 03:29 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
But the wife and I ran to Lawrence yesterday for a day away from the sand hills, and one of our stops was the bookstore in the union.
RCJHKU!
Did you check out the 1865 store in the Oread (another KU bookstore)? Heard they sometimes have more sports stuff. Also, the Rally House at Allen Fieldhouse has some different stuff and usually at least a few different KU football shirts, sweatshirts, ball caps, etc.

Oh, and were you the people driving that dusty Reno county SUV driving real slow down Iowa yesterday I was stuck behind?!?! (JK!) Though, I really was stuck behind some real slow ass SUV from out of town on Iowa yesterday. LOL

#2019533 - 08/13/17 05:51 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

There's nothing quite like judgmental Kansans peering at license plates on Iowa!! You're going to get a road rage ticket.

#2019534 - 08/13/17 06:14 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

You didn't go to Biggies in BV. Good food, prices reasonable. But it's popular so you would have had to wait a bit. It's a fav mtn town in CO. Let's just say all CO is a shithole. Don't come

#2019535 - 08/13/17 06:43 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jman1 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

My wife recently(i.e., in the last month) went to Colorado Springs for a USA Volleyball camp our daughter was playing in and she said it was a complete drug infested, homeless sh!thole with vagrants and drug addicts everywhere.. She stayed 6 days at a nice hotel and said most of the time when she wasnt at the training center she went to the room, bolted down the door and heard physical threats of abuse and mayhem. Also said the last night she was there that the PoPo had to be called in for a "crime scene investigation" at her hotel. I guess the legalized mary Jane is REALLY paying dividends out there

#2019537 - 08/13/17 08:17 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUHawkhead]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
You're not wrong. I lived there for four years, and it was not a great place.

Colorado Springs is great if you stay in the touristy areas that the city has invested heavily in...or if you stay on the main strips of Academy, Garden of the Gods, Powers, and downtown. Otherwise, it's very easy to roll into the sketchy areas.

It is a bipolar place. Lots of things that are awesome, fun, and worthwhile once you get them figured out (and ideally stay alive). Lots of things that remind me of Kansas' Ghetto - Junction City/Fort Riley.

If you go even slightly south or east of the training center, you get into some of the worst parts of Colorado Springs, in my experience.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019539 - 08/13/17 08:31 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: Jman1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Jman1
My wife recently(i.e., in the last month) went to Colorado Springs for a USA Volleyball camp our daughter was playing in and she said it was a complete drug infested, homeless sh!thole with vagrants and drug addicts everywhere.. She stayed 6 days at a nice hotel and said most of the time when she wasnt at the training center she went to the room, bolted down the door and heard physical threats of abuse and mayhem. Also said the last night she was there that the PoPo had to be called in for a "crime scene investigation" at her hotel. I guess the legalized mary Jane is REALLY paying dividends out there
Probably stayed at the Broadmoor and visited the mountain zoo. A real shithole, don't come back ever...

#2019540 - 08/13/17 08:33 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
You're not wrong. I lived there for four years, and it was not a great place.

Colorado Springs is great if you stay in the touristy areas that the city has invested heavily in...or if you stay on the main strips of Academy, Garden of the Gods, Powers, and downtown. Otherwise, it's very easy to roll into the sketchy areas.

It is a bipolar place. Lots of things that are awesome, fun, and worthwhile once you get them figured out (and ideally stay alive). Lots of things that remind me of Kansas' Ghetto - Junction City/Fort Riley.

If you go even slightly south or east of the training center, you get into some of the worst parts of Colorado Springs, in my experience.
So, you lived in Fountain and took the bus everywhere. Don't bother coming back..

#2019541 - 08/13/17 08:38 PM Re: KU football gear [Re: KUHawkhead]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
I lived in the Mountain Shadows area, and I never took a single bus in my time there.

I'm sure you're the best source for my firsthand experiences in Colorado Springs, though.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview