Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019402 - 08/07/17 07:19 AM SE MO ST - know yo' foe
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
With less that 30 days to game time, we should talk about the actual games! After looking at their prior year schedule, I notice that they won three games. And looking at the headlines, they appeared to peak late in the season. Not a conference champ material last year obviously.

NOTE: I checked the roster for 2017 (ESPN source) and they appear to have 99 bodies on their roster listed! That's a pro vs con for them. Probably using one of their soph QB's as a starter. They are called "Redhawks" vs "Jayhawks".

Let's discuss!!

#2019403 - 08/07/17 08:46 AM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
They bring back five starters on offense, four on defense.

They added 12 transfers to try to fill the holes left by their 28 seniors from last year.

Hoskett at QB isn't overly accurate (50% last year). Nothing "wow" about his stats. 212 ypg, 3 or 4 rushing touchdowns, but he was OVC newcomer of the year for what it's worth. He's got his best receiver returning -- Wilkerson. Didn't get a ton of catches (35), but he averages 20+ yards per catch.

SEMO lost their starting RB from last year. The projected running back (Terry) is a 5'6" guy that was the Jayhawk conference POY last year at Highland CC with 1300 yards rushing and 17 total touchdowns. They return their two starting tackles on the line after the three interior OL graduated. Forbes was the anchor of the line, and he returns at LT. Two midyear JUCO transfers are covering the guard spots. The center position is covered by a sophomore with minimal experience and no starts.

On D, they appear to run a 3-4 defense. They were decent against the run and not so great against the pass last year.

The DL is anchored by Josh Wilson at nose tackle. 10 starts last year with 41 tackles, 10 for loss. The rest of the line appears to be a competition of freshmen and sophomores.

They lost both ILB from last year. The two guys expecting to replace them were mostly special teamers last year.

The OLBs are the highlight of the roster -- Meredith was a first team all conferencer and a preseason all conf pick this year. He had 86 tackles last year. Donnerson started 10 games, had 50 tackles, 4 sacks, and 13 tackles for loss at the other OLB position.

Both safeties are being replaced. Pierre-Louis is the most noteworthy on the depth chart. He had 32 tackles and 2 PBUs last year.

At corner, Mike Ford is the returning senior. He started 7 games and recorded 40 tackles before getting hurt. They have two freshman and a sophomore juco transfer competing for the other spot.

Punter and kicker will both be new this year. They have a redshirt freshman and a juco transfer competing for both positions. Long snapper returns. The holder graduated and will be new in 2017.

Cameron Sanders is an all OVC return man, and he averaged 28.3 yards per kick return last year. Punt returner is undecided.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019405 - 08/07/17 10:06 AM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Great review, dlgess. Everything I've seen shows they will be inexperienced with a lot of new faces. I remember seeing awhile back that they lost a ton of seniors.

This game could be a lot like the Rhode Island game last year. A 3 score lead by the 2nd quarter, and a score that could be way worse than what the final score will indicate. KU could have scored 70 on Rhode Island last year, but took if fairly easy in the 2nd half.

It will be a very basic offense and defense for the Hawks. Meacham and Bowen won't need to show too much because KU will overmatch SEMO at every position. Iwould expect Stanley and Bender to get about a half each. Whoever starts will get first half and whoever is 2nd string will get 2nd half.

#2019416 - 08/07/17 08:25 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Good information guys. keep it up on every game.

#2019425 - 08/08/17 09:46 AM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Yes, great scouting report.

#2019426 - 08/08/17 10:01 AM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

For what it's worth, the vast majority of it came from their media guide:

http://gosoutheast.com/news/2017/7/24/2017-football-guide-now-available.aspx

Pages 40-45.

#2019644 - 08/16/17 01:09 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Is their HC a better on-field coach than ours? If anyone has insight, let's hear it!!

#2019645 - 08/16/17 01:17 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

SHUT UP

How's that for insight? Because that is about the same amount of insight that you bright to the forum on a daily basis.

#2019646 - 08/16/17 01:34 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

He only lost to CW's powerhouse Kansas squad by six in his first year at SEMO.

He MUST be good because Weis was an on-field coaching legend.

#2019647 - 08/16/17 01:39 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: kylecof11]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: kylecof11
SHUT UP

How's that for insight? Because that is about the same amount of insight that you bright to the forum on a daily basis.
I don't think you heard my question correctly. Let me spell it out for you. D O N' T G O O N M Y P O S T S Y O U ...(fill in the blank for me, kylecof11).

You believe we will have 70 points before half according to your pie in your face earlier post. No coaching would be necessary for that to happen. So just ignore me, please.

I have time to discuss the other coaches, so I put it out there for discuss.

#2019649 - 08/16/17 01:41 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
He only lost to CW's powerhouse Kansas squad by six in his first year at SEMO.

He MUST be good because Weis was an on-field coaching legend.
LOL

Has he upset anyone in his 3-4 years at SEMO? Has beaten Southern Illinois and Eastern Illinois but nobody in the BG12 caliber. FYI-The final was 34-28 KU won, so if we win this thing only by six, what does it mean for us? It's an unlikely ending score, but WHAT IF...?

#2019650 - 08/16/17 01:51 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
SHUT UP

I don't think you heard my question correctly. Let me spell it out for you. D O N' T G O O N M Y P O S T S Y O U ...(fill in the blank for me, kylecof11).

You believe we will have 70 points before half according to your pie in your face earlier post. No coaching would be necessary for that to happen. So just ignore me, please.

First of all, nah I'm good. This is enjoyable for me..

And I never once said that KU will have 70 at half. I said that if KU wanted, it could have scored 70 on RI last year (Only 2 scores away from 70 if not for the 3rd string coming in late 3rd quarter), and this game will probably have the same feel. Will be a 3 score game by the 2nd quarter is what I actually stated if we want to be factual, which is hard for you because you are never factual in any argument.

#2019651 - 08/16/17 01:51 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

There's no upset better than Kansas over Texas in football.

#2019652 - 08/16/17 01:57 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: kylecof11]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
SHUT UP

First of all, nah I'm good. This is enjoyable for me..

And I never once said that KU will have 70 at half. I said that if KU wanted, it could have scored 70 on RI last year (Only 2 scores away from 70 if not for the 3rd string coming in late 3rd quarter), and this game will probably have the same feel. Will be a 3 score game by the 2nd quarter is what I actually stated if we want to be factual, which is hard for you because you are never factual in any argument.
"could be a lot like the Rhode Island game" Sound familiar?

#2019653 - 08/16/17 02:09 PM Re: SE MO ST - know yo' foe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Let me put this in simple terms. Like BLACKNMILD type of simple..

I SAID IT COULD BE LIKE THE RHODE ISLAND GAME, WHEN IT WAS A 3 SCORE GAME 15 SECONDS INTO THE SECOND QUARTER, LIKE WHAT I SAID IT WAS. THIS GAME COULD BE LIKE THAT.

Not one place did I say 70 points by halftime. Not one freaking time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview