Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019268 - 07/30/17 03:24 PM Quiv
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Southeast Kansas
Quiv has been dismissed from the team. Anyone have any info on this? Article said he broke an undisclosed team rule. Big blow. He was one of our more explosive players last year.

#2019269 - 07/30/17 03:41 PM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

There were some rumblings that he had ego problems. Beaty was not talking about him as much in recent articles as a receiver to look for this season. These things line up with his dismissal.

Edited by pizzanbeer (07/30/17 03:42 PM)

#2019270 - 07/30/17 04:18 PM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
With the way Beaty mentioned Quiv during media days, I wouldn't have guessed he'd get removed.

On the bright side, now he can't return punts. Plus, we're fairly deep at WR. Heard good things about Quan lately, too.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019272 - 07/30/17 05:24 PM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
One dropped punt can turn a game around. If he only had one, might be different, but he had several. Time for someone else to step up and I'll bet someone does.

In order for a guy with straight line speed to return a KO for a TD, 10 other guys did one hell of a job.

#2019273 - 07/30/17 05:54 PM Re: Quiv [Re: bigdogjac]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Sounds like we are deep enough without him and if he's being a bad apple we don't need him. He must have done something fairly bad to have gotten kicked off the team like this. Just hope we don't get more news along this line. I think we're shaping up to surprise some folks.

#2019276 - 07/30/17 09:33 PM Re: Quiv [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Yardbirdbob Offline
Phog Fanatic

I agree '52. Next man up.

#2019277 - 07/30/17 09:57 PM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Schadler will be back for kick returns. He did it before his internal issues.

Charlot will be in for punt returns. He did this at Bama, I believe.

Charlot and Sims will need a third and fourth WR to make plays to help be successful.

#2019279 - 07/31/17 06:12 AM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Quiv dismissal is a sign of growth hopefully within the program. He was seeing other options internally take on his role(s) and really compete with his depth chart level year over year IMO.

His psyche looked damaged in the BG12 level games last year. Hand eye coordination...

#2019280 - 07/31/17 08:06 AM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
KU will miss him with the speed he brought to the receiving group. But he was apparently having attitude issues that kept growing and growing and finally came to where Beaty couldn't have his guy on the team anymore.

The group still is in good shape as the depth is there. But as Dgless mentioned, there have been some really good things coming out about Quan Hampton. Dude is quick, extremely athletic and has some hands.

But now Schadler will likely slide into the slot role with Quan behind him. But those positions will be interchangeable as this group is 7-8 deep and will be doing a lot of subbing to keep guys fresh.

#2019281 - 07/31/17 08:34 AM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

I'm ready to see Harrell break out. Seems like we've seem glimpses and heard great things for three years now. Hopefully it's time to see him be a playmaker.

#2019282 - 07/31/17 08:48 AM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think he will be. I think he'll be a guy that could slide into a starting role. Which would mean the starting 3 WRs could be Harrell and Charlot out wide with Sims in the slot. Hot damn that would be a good lineup. And the 4th guy could be Schadler, Hampton in the other slot or even Tabor as an H-Back.

#2019284 - 07/31/17 09:28 AM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Would Tabor and Hampton get on the field before Johnson, Booker, and Hartzog?

There are others too, but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

#2019287 - 07/31/17 11:46 AM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Never good loosing guys and it's a shame Quiv didn't take advantage of his opportunities at KU. But like others have said, we're finally deep enough at the WR and even return spots to not suffer any real drop-off from his loss.

Heard Quiv had a string of incidents that lead up to the dismissal with the last one being some sort of alleged minor pilfering.

As for WR's I think that have a good shot at stepping up this year, I think Booker is gonna be back in a big way. He had some injury problems last year as well as a case of the dreaded Sophomore slump. Think he's made some good strides in the off season. Think Schadler is gonna be good at WR too. He's got a Kerry Meier knack for finding the soft spots in the secondary from what I've seen. He's got great speed and quickness too.

I think Kerr Johnson Jr. is gonna be a contributor also. He's got some skills similar to what Quiv has, but not as much straight line speed. He'll probably also take a few games to get adjusted to the D-1 game, but I think he'll be solid this year in the WR rotation.

Maybe my biggest sleeper in the WR core or at any position is Kwamie Lassiter II. He may not get much playing time this year, and he doesn't really blow you away with speed or quickness or size, but the kid is just smooth as silk running his routes and seems to get open a lot. His game is subtle and easy to overlook, but I've been impressed with what I've seen so far.

#2019290 - 07/31/17 01:19 PM Re: Quiv [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Would Tabor and Hampton get on the field before Johnson, Booker, and Hartzog?

There are others too, but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Regarding Hampton, Keegan thinks fairly highly of him.

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/keegan-...ference-makers/

#2019291 - 07/31/17 01:44 PM Re: Quiv [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
The roster attrition excuse will be even stronger now for DB apologists...

Preview