Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019139 - 07/22/17 06:57 PM Good KU FB Podcast
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

I enjoyed this interview of Jesse Newell where he talks about KU football. The guys that interviewed him asked some good questions.

https://soundcloud.com/bigtwelvecountry/spring-revelations-kansas

#2019140 - 07/22/17 08:08 PM Re: Good KU FB Podcast [Re: pizzanbeer]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
That Jesse Newell is a unicorn.

Good interview. Kinda surprised that it was an hour long--most people don't care to talk about KU football that long.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019143 - 07/23/17 08:12 AM Re: Good KU FB Podcast [Re: dgless21]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

I agree. The guys that conducted the interview were real football fans so they knew what they were talking about. That made for more of a 2 way interview with good input from both sides. I liked that the people conducting the interview are looking at the whole Big 12 and not just 1 team. That perspective made the interview more interesting when they talked about opportunities for KU to get Big 12 wins.

When the interviewers mentioned that the KU players played hard for Beaty the whole game that got me thinking about Woodfin. From what I have read on Woodfin his approach is from a mentality and flexibility stand point. The mentality he is teaching fits well with Beatys philosophy about playing hard the whole game. The stretching will allow the players to feel more mobile and fresh in the 4th quarter when they still want to compete. We played TCU and ISU close last season and if Woodfin can just give our players a little more energy for the 4th quarter then those games could become wins.

#2019153 - 07/23/17 02:57 PM Re: Good KU FB Podcast [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Good point about the importance of the S&C program giving us the ability to be as fresh as possible in the 4th quarter of games, but I also think that this team just didn't know how to win. As weird as that sounds, it really does take a certain mentality to know how to finish off other teams late in the game. Our lack of depth didn't help anything out either. Luckily this year we've got some more depth and I think Woodfin is maybe the best S&C coach we've had at KU in a long time.

#2019156 - 07/23/17 04:53 PM Re: Good KU FB Podcast [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
That Jesse Newell is a unicorn.

Good interview. Kinda surprised that it was an hour long--most people don't care to talk about KU football that long.
There's only 2 uni's - dgless & kman. You know it, everyone knows it. cool

#2019288 - 07/31/17 12:01 PM Re: Good KU FB Podcast [Re: pizzanbeer]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Slant did a nice (free) podcast featuring Papa John Zenger.

https://kansas.rivals.com/news/podcast-ku-ad-zenger-is-guest-football-talk-hoops-recruiting

Also discussed some basketball stuff. Pretty football centric, though.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

Preview