Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019176 - 07/24/17 08:46 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
It's either going to be the Tech game or ksu game.

Nothing beats October games in Lawrence, and those are the 2 home games during that month.

Tech will be best chance to get a win in conference play, but ksu might be the best environment that Memorial will have this year.

#2019179 - 07/24/17 10:56 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
LOL. I see what you did there! laugh

I am pumped for some real football action. Hopefully DB is stoked too!
Why wouldn't he be stoked? He is the HC by the way.

#2019181 - 07/24/17 11:20 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk

He is the HC, and full of confidence after his great career start here, right? Any sane person would be worried if they had to get beat up for years on end (see his record).

#2019183 - 07/24/17 12:31 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

He is the HC, and full of confidence after his great career start here, right? Any sane person would be worried if they had to get beat up for years on end (see his record).

And you don't realize that Beaty knew exactly what he was getting into? He knew the scholarship situation, he knew lack of talent that was remaining and he knew the lack of fan support. He was doing on campus events with students, traveling all over the country to meet with fans and is very involved with social media.

Most fans are starting to get to the point of getting excited about football again. It's been 2 long years, but Beaty is getting the fan interest back up again. That was the biggest thing for this program for a couple years. Build up the interest as the talent builds. Now the talent is building and should be expecting results soon.

#2019187 - 07/24/17 01:41 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

My excitement is there also. Hopefully DB is too...

He is now getting paid big league and so is his staff. Any sane person would think, hey, I probably need to win some games or my invincibility for lack of coaching results may catch up with me! Right?

#2019188 - 07/24/17 04:17 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: kylecof11]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: kylecof11
It's either going to be the Tech game or ksu game.

Nothing beats October games in Lawrence, and those are the 2 home games during that month.

Tech will be best chance to get a win in conference play, but ksu might be the best environment that Memorial will have this year.
Go to two games. The early cream puff win that Beaty ekes out. Go to one of Oct games to see the difference in team confidence in the HC. It will be a butt whipping good time.

I am planning on attending two games myself with my wife.

#2019212 - 07/26/17 08:10 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kind of a small thing but Chad Johnson (OchoCinco) is in Lawrence for his daughters track meet and is looking like he'll be at the Football facilities all day playing guys in video games and could go out on the field and run some routes with some guys. He always carries his cleats with him in case he gets challenged, and there were a ton of KU defenders last night challenging him when he gets there.

He's kind of a love or hate kind of guy, but this will help generate buzz with the program as he posts all over social media and people will even further realize how amazing the facilities are that the guys have.

#2019213 - 07/26/17 10:02 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: kylecof11]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yeah, heard about him coming to town yesterday. I think he's going to be in Lawrence until Sunday. Also heard that Harrell was really calling him out to a challenge. It'll be interesting both who wins the video game challenge and if he goes 1-on-1 with him out on the field some too. Either way, I bet it'll be a good time for them.

I know Ocho is a real controversial figure to a lot of people and he did a bunch of attention grabbing stuff when he was playing in the NFL, but I honestly don't know much about how he's been since his Heydays. Shows something that he came to town with his daughter to support her at the Junior Olympics meet. Heard she's really good too. Either way, I bet more than a few of our players watched him growing up when he was playing and look up to him as an athlete/football player. So, it'll be cool for them and like you said probably brings some positive attention to our program which doesn't hurt a thing.

Interesting deal to watch IMHO.

Edited by Kman_blue (07/26/17 10:06 AM)

#2019219 - 07/26/17 04:44 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Ocho Johnson is trying to drum up interest in a new flag football league. So naturally he is visiting DB who is pretty versatile with his HS coaching background. Trying to make a buck. Both guys that is.

#2019221 - 07/26/17 04:57 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Accuracy and truth right there.

Taking a shot at Beaty because Chad Johnson comes to Lawrence for his daughter's track meet.

Why? Because you have no integrity.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019224 - 07/26/17 06:54 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Ocho Johnson is trying to drum up interest in a new flag football league. So naturally he is visiting DB who is pretty versatile with his HS coaching background. Trying to make a buck. Both guys that is.
Would you turn down a salary increase in your job?

#2019226 - 07/27/17 01:46 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Accuracy and truth right there.

Taking a shot at Beaty because Chad Johnson comes to Lawrence for his daughter's track meet.

Why? Because you have no integrity.

Hey, I looked up OC because I too didn't know much about him post-NFL. He truly is into a fledgling flag football league. Needs money because he has a lot of kids. He was pretty controversial as kman alluded to. I have more integrity than most. Not sure 🤔 where that fits in.

#2019227 - 07/27/17 01:55 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Would you turn down a salary increase in your job?
Not sure what a salary increase has to do with what I said. OC visits his kid here, but is also out there drumming up flag football league interest.

#2019340 - 08/02/17 03:26 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I just noticed the video from my initial post has been posted on colouring_KU's youtube channel.

It's worth the watch even if you clicked the link before and watched it on twitter!

#2019341 - 08/02/17 03:28 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Colouring_KU posted another one today too!

These videos are very well done and got me pumped and ready for Sept. 2!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview