Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019117 - 07/22/17 01:28 AM Who's ready for some KU football!?!?
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
You MF'n unicorns (KU football fans) ready for some KU football!?!?

If you're not pumped yet, check out this awesome video from colouring KU!

KU football video tweet from Colouring KU.

Too bad you can't directly embed the video here, but even if you don't have a twitter account like me, you can still enjoy this video. If this doesn't get you at least a little pumped for some KU football, then I don't know what will or perhaps you live in Colorado.

Less than 3 weeks till fall practices and 6 weeks until our 1st game!

Edited by Kman_blue (07/22/17 02:04 AM)

#2019127 - 07/22/17 06:38 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
LOL. I see what you did there! laugh

I am pumped for some real football action. Hopefully DB is stoked too!

#2019128 - 07/22/17 07:51 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
I'm ready!!!!!!! DB first year we were out manned at almost every position. Last year we had big twelve talent at a few positions but still too young and not enough depth to hang with most of the big 12. This year we are better at most positions and we have a few real stars. Our QB performance will dictate how successful we are. Next year we should be ready to kick some A.

#2019129 - 07/22/17 08:06 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

You gave up already? Hope you have a nice nap...

If we get wins, we can be a DB athletic supporter.

#2019151 - 07/23/17 01:50 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
David Jaynes was the QB the first game I attended. Have had season tickets since the Bomb Squad. I haven't seen it all. But I've seen quite a bit. I'm excited for this team and season.

#2019154 - 07/23/17 03:01 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Leawood]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Uh oh!

Another GD unicorn!

grin

#2019155 - 07/23/17 04:50 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Uh oh!

Another GD unicorn!

grin
Only 2 uni's - kman & dgless. Means you guys are head over heels infatuated with DB. He needs to be able to win games but 2-22 isn't doing it for a lot of posters here. Getting a bunch of money now, "where's the beef?". grin

#2019157 - 07/23/17 05:46 PM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
I'm more than ready and excited about what this season is bringing us. It is tough waiting after basketball ending and football beginning.

Thinking about retiring at 69 next year. Can't even begin to imagine how long that dead period will be then.

#2019166 - 07/24/17 01:07 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Uh oh!

Another GD unicorn!

grin
Only 2 uni's - kman & dgless. Means you guys are head over heels infatuated with DB. He needs to be able to win games but 2-22 isn't doing it for a lot of posters here. Getting a bunch of money now, "where's the beef?". grin
Here's what you fail to understand. I'm head over heels about KU FOOTBALL. Period.

I get excited and encouraged when KU gets a win. I get excited and enthused when we get a commitment from a recruit who I think is a good one. I'm even more excited and enthused when they sign. I get revved up when we do upgrades to our facilities or the stadium or whatever else that has to do with the program and its resources. I get excited, enthused, and encouraged anytime I see anything that looks to me like something that helps KU football. Doesn't matter who the coach is, but if he's responsible for doing it or helping it along then I give him credit.

Point is, I don't go around trying to trash the program or the team or individual players when I don't believe 100% in the coach or have some other problem with someone or something to do with the program. I'm a KU football fan first and foremost. End of story.

To you apparently, that's a unicorn. Well, this unicorn is excited and ready for some KU football!

#2019167 - 07/24/17 01:08 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: bigdogjac]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
I'm more than ready and excited about what this season is bringing us. It is tough waiting after basketball ending and football beginning.

Thinking about retiring at 69 next year. Can't even begin to imagine how long that dead period will be then.
Better take up fishing or golf or both to fill all that time! grin

#2019169 - 07/24/17 06:00 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Kman you just explained my commitment to KU. I guess you can make me a unicorn also.

#2019172 - 07/24/17 07:06 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
Kman you just explained my commitment to KU. I guess you can make me a unicorn also.
Both of you have not comprehended my uni definition yet. No worries.
bigdogjac will probably have more leisure time in the coming years for more Kansas events hopefully. Go visit AFH memorabilia, etc.
Unicorn status is fitting to a poster who never questions DB moves on and off the field. On the other hand, Kansas commitment is rather looking at how we can improve our program to be worthy of current BG12 football status. For years, we have been standing in quicksand (thank you Zenger!). After 65 years of age for Riley, look at the accomplishments of Mike Riley current Nebraska coach. Impressive, but not great. Can you envision DB at 65 with that many wins alone (over 100 NCAA D1 wins)? I did say "not great" for various reasons.

Decent enough bowl record tho!

kman - let's not trash young men (I agree) trying to do their best. You said something there that I deny any involvement with doing. Quiv hasn't been effective at kick returns last year (bad hands), for example, but he is representing KU in the lean years quite well.

#2019173 - 07/24/17 08:28 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
kylecof11 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I'm planning the first game up to Lawrence since 2014 when the Fighting Bowen's took OSU to the wire. I'm excited to see what this team will look like in year 3 of the Beaty era. The trajectory is definitely going up across the board and it will translate to wins at some point, I hope that it is this year.

I'm also excited for the Memorial renovation plans to be announced. Further proof that the arrow is pointing up for this program.

#2019174 - 07/24/17 08:36 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
Here's what you fail to understand. I'm head over heels about KU FOOTBALL. Period.

Same.

I even supported Gill and Weis' teams, and I tried to buy in to their process. Neither was my favorite coach. Didn't think either was the best option at the time, but I didn't spend every post running them down and whining about it. Still went to games.

Most things about KU football are out of my control, but I can control being a loyal fan that represents KU well. I praise the things that are done well, comment on things that need fixed, and try to have fun dialogue with the majority of posters on here.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019175 - 07/24/17 08:37 AM Re: Who's ready for some KU football!?!? [Re: kylecof11]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
Originally Posted By: kylecof11
I'm planning the first game up to Lawrence since 2014 when the Fighting Bowen's took OSU to the wire. I'm excited to see what this team will look like in year 3 of the Beaty era. The trajectory is definitely going up across the board and it will translate to wins at some point, I hope that it is this year.

I'm also excited for the Memorial renovation plans to be announced. Further proof that the arrow is pointing up for this program.

Did you decide on which game(s) you're heading in to Lawrence for?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview