Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2018509 - 06/27/17 12:59 PM New article on KU to Big10
Topcitykid10 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Kansas
I've always thought this for a few years now but Dodd makes a good point with last weeks announcement.

KU @ the Big House or the Horseshoe. Or trips to the Chi to see them play at Northwestern! Count me in.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footbal...-its-out-there/

#2018512 - 06/27/17 01:32 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I like this about the stadium: "There may be a naming rights deal in the works that could be worth eight or nine figures."

I think and hope the B1G is the best destination option if the Big 12 fails.

However, I wouldn't hold my breath. 2025 is almost guaranteed the soonest anything happens. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig team that tries to break the GoR with the conference and finds out the financial punishment for leaving. Unless Texas makes a move with their nearly top revenue, I would wager that no one else tests the waters.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2018515 - 06/27/17 02:18 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: dgless21]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: dgless21
I like this about the stadium: "There may be a naming rights deal in the works that could be worth eight or nine figures."

I think and hope the B1G is the best destination option if the Big 12 fails.

However, I wouldn't hold my breath. 2025 is almost guaranteed the soonest anything happens. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig team that tries to break the GoR with the conference and finds out the financial punishment for leaving. Unless Texas makes a move with their nearly top revenue, I would wager that no one else tests the waters.

KU and OU, or UT leave and the conference dies. There's an easy supermajority of other schools that will bail too and vote for dissolution. No one will want to stay after that except for Baylor and TCU because they don't have anywhere else to go.

#2018516 - 06/27/17 02:30 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I agree that it dies figuratively. The teams could vote for dissolution and let us go, or they could decide to sue for breach of contract as the three most lucrative teams look to leave.

I just don't see KU making that move unless we know what the buyout is (or isn't) to leave, in this case, for the B1G.

#2018517 - 06/27/17 03:04 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: dgless21]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm all for Sprint Stadium at Memorial or something like that. Lol

#2018523 - 06/27/17 03:43 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: kylecof11]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: kylecof11

I'm all for Sprint Stadium at Memorial or something like that. Lol

Louise's - half off schooners - Bowl. Catchy. topchitykid - dam man how many posts do you do on the half dozen boards out there?

#2018524 - 06/27/17 04:12 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: dgless21]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

I agree that it dies figuratively.

There's nothing figurative about it. The remnants of the conference have no product left to sell and the schools that have any value will immediately be looking for new homes too. The conference will be dead.

Quote:
The teams could vote for dissolution and let us go, or they could decide to sue for breach of contract as the three most lucrative teams look to leave.

The 2 teams remaining won't have any sway or ability to stop it.

Quote:
I just don't see KU making that move unless we know what the buyout is (or isn't) to leave, in this case, for the B1G.

Staying in the Truckstop 10 only hurts KU in the long run. The death of this conference is inevitable. We can accelerate it and control our destiny. If we wait for others to go, we will be one of the teams scrambling and hoping for a spot in a new conference.

#2018531 - 06/27/17 07:02 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

If KU, UT, and OU all find homes elsewhere, you still have seven schools that will pursue financial damages, and your suggestion that the big 12 dissolves is only a theory. Even if the others are scrambling to find a new home, that and suing are not mutually exclusive.

By no means am I saying I'd be against us leaving today or next year, I just don't expect it to happen. I also don't expect us to do anything without someone else making a move first. Let's remember who the AD is when we're making these hypotheticals.

#2018533 - 06/27/17 07:20 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: dgless21]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

If KU, UT, and OU all find homes elsewhere, you still have seven schools that will pursue financial damages,

lol

That's the point - no, they won't. It is way more important for them to find a home in a decent conference than to take a GOR payout while they waste away in the skeleton Big 12. If 2 or more of KU, OU, and UT leaves, the remaining decent schools will forego their claims to the GOR payout in favor of landing in a good conference themselves. They can't do both. The GOR pays out per year.

Quote:
and your suggestion that the big 12 dissolves is only a theory.

Yeah, like evolution and gravity are theories.

Quote:
Even if the others are scrambling to find a new home, that and suing are not mutually exclusive.

lol

It actually is, try reading. They can only make a claim to the GOR payout if they are still in the conference. The GOR is purposefully built to preclude any additional punitive or realized damages claims. It's, you know, the whole point of the contract.

Quote:
By no means am I saying I'd be against us leaving today or next year, I just don't expect it to happen. I also don't expect us to do anything without someone else making a move first. Let's remember who the AD is when we're making these hypotheticals.

KU has a storied history of cowards as administrators.

#2018538 - 06/27/17 07:29 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
"KU has a storied history of cowards as administrators."

Smartest thing you've said in quite awhile.

#2018543 - 06/27/17 07:38 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
"KU has a storied history of cowards as administrators."

Smartest thing you've said in quite awhile.

Chalmers should never have had a building named after him.

#2018548 - 06/27/17 07:42 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

UT isn't going anywhere unless they absolutely have to, so you can take them out of the equation of "if so and so leaves the conference is dead". They aren't leaving.

I also don't think anything is going to happen until we're within a year or so of the end of the GoR, that is if anything happens.

Not sure what viable options there are for a lot of the other schools to land in another P5 conference, so I think there's a good chance the Big 12 would live on with the remaining schools adding the best of the best of the current non-P5 schools and making a push to remain a P5 conference. Remember a few years ago when the Mountain West was making a serious case to become a P5 level conference until some of their best schools were picked off by P5 conferences. I'd think even a skeleton of the current Big 12 would have a good case of remaining a P5 level conference.

#2018556 - 06/27/17 08:36 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Right. They could add others. It just makes the remaining schools have a harder time proving damages.

#2018557 - 06/27/17 08:38 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: dgless21]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Right. They could add others. It just makes the remaining schools have a harder time proving damages.

The damages are the built-in penalty in the GOR. That's the whole damn point.

Why on Earth would any school ever sign the GOR if it had a penalty to leave AND they faced additional liability for leaving? That makes absolutely no sense and it isn't how it is written. Stay in school.

#2018559 - 06/27/17 09:11 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19743196/why-2023-next-big-date-conference-shuffling

Stadium renovation on a 3 year timeline is no coincidence. We will see more power conference realignment before 2021.

#2018571 - 06/28/17 09:50 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
it's the off-season, so folks in the media have to write about something. the only scenario that has ever made sense to me is the arizona schools joining the big 12 after their gor's expires a year before ours. remember, they left the wac for the pac in '78. it's not like missouri leaving after being a 1907 founding member here. the zona schools have as much or more in common with this league as that one. i could see it happening before ku ever left to join nebraska.

#2018572 - 06/28/17 10:15 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: tmcats
it's the off-season, so folks in the media have to write about something. the only scenario that has ever made sense to me is the arizona schools joining the big 12 after their gor's expires a year before ours.

That is retarded. Only retards would even think that had a chance. No one is leaving the PAC for the Truckstop 10, ever.

Quote:
remember, they left the wac for the pac in '78.

Yeah, an upgrade. PAC -> Flyover Conference is a horrible downgrade. Only you K-State morons wouldn't be able to see that.

Quote:
it's not like missouri leaving after being a 1907 founding member here. the zona schools have as much or more in common with this league as that one.

lolwat

AZ has way more in common with CA than it will ever have with OK. What fantasy world do you live in?

Quote:
i could see it happening before ku ever left to join nebraska.

You must hallucinate frequently or you are completely retarded. You have managed to write the dumbest post of the year on this board.

#2018578 - 06/28/17 03:00 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

the opportunity for this conference to add the arizona schools has long been a topic of discussion. you must live in cave along the kaw to not know that's a viable alternative

is it dark in there?

#2018579 - 06/28/17 03:39 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

the opportunity for this conference to add the arizona schools has long been a topic of discussion. you must live in cave along the kaw to not know that's a viable alternative

is it dark in there?

lol

You get all your news from Infowars, huh?

I'll make this simple for your infant brain: moving to the Big 12 would be suicide for ASU or UofA. It would be stupid for ANY PAC school, but complete suicide for the Arizona schools. There is a 0% chance of it ever happening and you are retarded for even thinking it. AZ is tied to CA and there is no way in hell they would ever give that up, especially for the likes of Lubbock, Stillwater, and Manhattan. Seriously, get a grip.

#2018580 - 06/28/17 03:44 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

And what the hell does "in a cave along the kaw" even mean? No one speaks your truckstop lingo. Learn English.

#2018591 - 06/28/17 07:51 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2018592 - 06/28/17 09:03 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

lol

You just posted an article written to completely discredit the absurd idea that either AZ school would leave the PAC for the Big 12. I'm pretty sure you don't know how to read.

I can post 10,000+ articles on the subject of how the Earth is Flat.
I can post 100,000+ articles on how Barack Obama was born in Kenya
I can post 1,000+ articles on how the world is run by Reptilian Overlords

The number of moronic articles on any subject is irrelevant to the veracity of the claims, Mr. Fake News Lover.

#2018595 - 06/28/17 10:05 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Though I would love to see Kansas in the B1G it would be a bad move to go there anytime soon. Beauty and staff are focused on recruiting the south and Kansas to build this team. If KU were to make a move any time soon all that recruiting would be lost. KU need to build a winning team, then start building recruiting ties up north, maybe even hire some coaches with recruiting ties in B1G territory before it contemplates moving anywhere.

#2018598 - 06/28/17 11:53 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: INation]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Well, KU isn't going anywhere within the next 6 or 7 years and I'm not convinced KU is going anywhere after that. A lot has changed in the whole realignment landscape in just the past 2 or 3 years and a lot more is going to change in the next few years as well.

I doubt the forces that pushed schools to make the decisions they did in the past 7 years will be nearly as powerful nor even the same forces that will be at play in the near future.

#2018599 - 06/29/17 08:12 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I'm curious to see if the declining ESPN/cable subscribers will hurt the TV contracts as we approach 2023 or 2025.

#2018600 - 06/29/17 08:45 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
I'm curious to see if the declining ESPN/cable subscribers will hurt the TV contracts as we approach 2023 or 2025.

Can't imagine it won't

#2018601 - 06/29/17 09:12 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Right, I guess more specifically, I want to know how much it will impact the annual revenue KU brings in if we leave.

If we're reducing the revenue generated by Tier 1 and 2, it might behoove us to maintain our Tier 3 rights within the Big 12.

#2018602 - 06/29/17 09:21 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: INation]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: INation
Though I would love to see Kansas in the B1G it would be a bad move to go there anytime soon. Beauty and staff are focused on recruiting the south and Kansas to build this team. If KU were to make a move any time soon all that recruiting would be lost. KU need to build a winning team, then start building recruiting ties up north, maybe even hire some coaches with recruiting ties in B1G territory before it contemplates moving anywhere.

Was thinking the same thing. We may as well kiss Beaty and Hall goodbye and the program takes another step back. Just look to the east, and see how the move to change conferences, works out for a program set up to recruit Texas.

#2018614 - 06/29/17 01:07 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think all 3 of the non-Texas schools who left have taken hits to their recruiting some, and major hits to their Texas recruiting.

Nebraska's Texas recruiting has tanked but they have more or less been able to lessen that impact a good deal by getting more higher quality Upper Midwest recruits and are now doing similar overall in recruiting.

Colorado's Texas recruiting went downhill in a hurry with the exception of their 1st class AFTER their move. They somewhat filled that void with more California recruits. They've gone back hard into Texas though last year and so far this year. They aren't getting any higher rated recruits out of Texas really, but still a couple solid ones. Their recruiting has fluctuated wildly since they left the Big 12, but it's been more down than up.

moo's Texas recruiting absolutely tanked after they left the Big 12, but they seem to be trying a bit harder to try and get back into Texas recruiting starting with last year's class. It's still nowhere near what it was back when they were in the Big 12, but it was the most Texas recruits they've had since with 5. They've been trying to make up for the loss of their Texas recruiting with more SE area recruits, but aren't really having a ton of luck. Their overall recruiting has been getting worse.

Here's how many Texas recruits they've pulled in starting with their 1st class AFTER their departure from the Big 12.

Nebraska has averaged 2 Texas recruits per class with an average Rivals rating of 5.61 or solid 3 star. The most Texas recruits they've had in 1 class since leaving is 4 in their 2014 class and the least is 0 in their 2016 class.

Colorado has averaged 4 Texas recruits per class with an average Rivals rating of 5.54 or low 3 star. The most Texas recruits they've had in 1 class since leaving is 8 in their 2017 class and the least is 1 in their 2016 class.

mizzery has averaged 2 Texas recruits per class with an average Rivals rating of 5.46 or high 2 star-low 3 star. The most Texas recruits they've had in 1 class since leaving is 5 in their 2017 class and the least is 0 in their 2015 class.

I think KU's Texas recruiting would also take a major hit if we left the conference for the Big 10. Not sure if we could make up for it with more Upper Midwest recruits like Nebraska has either. So, if we're talking about continued recruiting success and hence more sustained football success for KU, I think it's more vital to be in a conference with regular games in or near the recruiting hotbeds of Texas (and neighboring Louisiana), Florida (and neighboring Georgia), or California.

#2018618 - 06/29/17 01:34 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
I think KU's Texas recruiting would also take a major hit if we left the conference for the Big 10. Not sure if we could make up for it with more Upper Midwest recruits like Nebraska has either. So, if we're talking about continued recruiting success and hence more sustained football success for KU, I think it's more vital to be in a conference with regular games in or near the recruiting hotbeds of Texas (and neighboring Louisiana), Florida (and neighboring Georgia), or California.

KU will most likely end up in the same conference as UT. PAC or B1G.

#2018622 - 06/29/17 02:52 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Originally Posted By: JimWest
KU will most likely end up in the same conference as UT. PAC or B1G.

I wonder where UT HC Herman would go given the choices, Pac or back to B1G.

#2018623 - 06/29/17 02:57 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

B1G should be the choice for anyone if they had a pick. Yes the SEC is nice, but the B1G is a whole different level, IMO.

#2018625 - 06/29/17 04:21 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: kylecof11]
pizzanbeer Online   content
Max Falkenstien

B1G should be the choice for anyone if they had a pick. Yes the SEC is nice, but the B1G is a whole different level, IMO.

We recruit Texas and the southeast so the SEC fits our recruiting footprint. If we joined the B1G recruiting would be very tough.

#2018626 - 06/29/17 04:45 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: kylecof11]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Wrong.

#2018627 - 06/29/17 04:46 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: pizzanbeer]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer

We recruit Texas and the southeast so the SEC fits our recruiting footprint. If we joined the B1G recruiting would be very tough.

Would be interesting but at least one of the OK schools and WVU will go to SEC.

#2018631 - 06/29/17 07:21 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
pizzanbeer Online   content
Max Falkenstien

I think the Big 12 finds more sources of revenue and the conference stays together. TV gets more fragmented every day so this is the next step. The Big 12 will sell quality over quantity and a central time zone for flexible scheduling.

#2018632 - 06/29/17 07:31 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: pizzanbeer]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

I think the Big 12 finds more sources of revenue and the conference stays together. TV gets more fragmented every day so this is the next step. The Big 12 will sell quality over quantity and a central time zone for flexible scheduling.

lol

There is no quality to sell. The Big 12 is falling behind every other conference year after year.

#2018637 - 06/30/17 11:12 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Pac-12 woes
Don't assume the Big 12 is going to break up when its media contract expires in 2025. That's because the Pac-12 continues to fall further behind its Power Five brethren in revenue.
You can see the recently released numbers. What's more troubling is the Pac-12 returned only 70 percent of its revenue to its 12 schools.
That's by far the smallest percentage among the Power Five. Costs of building out a new headquarters in San Francisco and maintaining a large staff get the biggest blame.
Who's to say the Big 12 at some point doesn't reach out and try to snag, say, Arizona and Arizona State?

even dennis the menace understands

#2018638 - 06/30/17 11:59 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

A Big 12 network would help everyone involved.

#2018639 - 06/30/17 12:02 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

OSU and OU are a package deal. Their state governing board, equivalent to our board of regents, has already said there will be no separation.

#2018640 - 06/30/17 12:46 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: 58hawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

OSU and OU are a package deal. Their state governing board, equivalent to our board of regents, has already said there will be no separation.

oklahoma schools have separate regents, unlike kansas, but similar to texas. and we all know where aTm plays now.

but beyond that, the rationale for leaving now is so weak. i can't believe any member of this league would do so after seeing what's come of those who did. once proud nebraska has become the definition of "meh."

unheard of in years gone by ...

#2018644 - 06/30/17 06:09 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

[quote=pizzanbeer][quote=kylecof11]

oklahoma schools have separate regents, unlike kansas, but similar to texas. and we all know where aTm plays now.

but beyond that, the rationale for leaving now is so weak. i can't believe any member of this league would do so after seeing what's come of those who did. once proud nebraska has become the definition of "meh."

unheard of in years gone by ...
OU does have their own regents but the state regents still oversees both schools. I don't see them leaving separately just like I don't see KU/K-State doing that.

#2018645 - 06/30/17 06:42 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: 58hawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

I hope to hell we aren't shackled to KSU for eternity. That would really suck.

#2018646 - 06/30/17 06:58 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Would it really surprise anyone if the State of Kansas tries to screw over KU to benefit KSU?

#2018647 - 06/30/17 07:02 PM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Once brownback and his cronies are gone I think the chance is less likely

#2018653 - 07/01/17 01:52 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Pac-12 woes
Don't assume the Big 12 is going to break up when its media contract expires in 2025. That's because the Pac-12 continues to fall further behind its Power Five brethren in revenue.
You can see the recently released numbers. What's more troubling is the Pac-12 returned only 70 percent of its revenue to its 12 schools.
That's by far the smallest percentage among the Power Five. Costs of building out a new headquarters in San Francisco and maintaining a large staff get the biggest blame.
Who's to say the Big 12 at some point doesn't reach out and try to snag, say, Arizona and Arizona State?

even dennis the menace understands

lol

Ok dumbass... let's just flat out bet on it.

I'll give you 10,000:1 odds on whether ASU or UofA even leaves the PAC for ANY CONFERENCE in the next 10 years. This is such a retardedly stupid idea that you can put up or shut up. There is NO RATIONAL PERSON ON THE PLANET that honestly thinks this is even a remote possibility.

Keep posting all the fake news, climate-change-denying, reptilian-overlord-spouting, Paterno-apologizing, bullshit you want. It's all wrong and your rural brain is too dumb to comprehend reality.

#2018654 - 07/01/17 01:53 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

lol wrong

#2018655 - 07/01/17 01:54 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

but beyond that, the rationale for leaving now is so weak. i can't believe any member of this league would do so after seeing what's come of those who did. once proud nebraska has become the definition of "meh." [/color]

Oh yeah, the Big 12 is so dominant now.

Oh wait, I guess we forgot about 1/3 appearances in the CFP.

#2018656 - 07/01/17 01:59 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

I don't see them leaving separately just like I don't see KU/K-State doing that.

We all know you can't see anything at all. Your brain's capability for abstract thought is nonexistent.

KU and K-State are entirely different schools with entirely different missions. Only a complete rural moron would not recognize the need for KU to scrape the K-State dingleberry off,

#2018657 - 07/01/17 02:00 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: track]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: track
I hope to hell we aren't shackled to KSU for eternity. That would really suck.

KU will get out of the current Board of Regents. It won't be eternal.

#2018658 - 07/01/17 02:01 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: dgless21]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Would it really surprise anyone if the State of Kansas tries to screw over KU to benefit KSU?

Only the ruralites want to screw over KU...and everyone else it seems. Vote them out.

#2018659 - 07/01/17 02:01 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: track]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: track
Once brownback and his cronies are gone I think the chance is less likely

The legislature is dominated by rural idiots. KU needs to get out from under it.

#2018667 - 07/01/17 10:35 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I don't see them leaving separately just like I don't see KU/K-State doing that.

We all know you can't see anything at all. Your brain's capability for abstract thought is nonexistent.

KU and K-State are entirely different schools with entirely different missions. Only a complete rural moron would not recognize the need for KU to scrape the K-State dingleberry off,
Another one of your "opinion" and not a fact.

#2018668 - 07/01/17 11:12 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Only the ruralites want to screw over KU...and everyone else it seems. Vote them out.

Unfortunately, "ruralites" or people raised by "ruralites" make up a large portion of Kansas. That mindset may very well be the majority in the state at this point.

There is obviously an issue in the state when people like that asshat J.R. Claeys, the failed politician Bob Strawn, or Brownback can get elected.

#2018680 - 07/02/17 07:56 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

A lot of Brownback's cronies have already been voted out, even that leading anti-KU dipsh!t who tried to introduce a bill making it illegal for KU to pay on the bonds we secured for the new Central District Plan. Most of the significant number of cronies who are now gone were defeated in their primaries. So, luckily now the state legislature is less hostile to KU and maybe even supportive in some cases.

Also, I've met quite a few "ruralites" in my life who are KU alumni or big KU supporters/fans. They aren't all cut from the same clothe.

As for the topic at hand, I think the landscape of what's driving any possible realignment is a lot different than it was 5 to 7 years ago and will be even more different in the next 5 to 7 years. The pressures will be different as will the direction it all goes or doesn't go IMHO.

In the end though, the media rights people (right now ESPN and Fox Sports) will dictate whether it happens or not, just like they did the last 2 go arounds. Nobody is moving anywhere unless the big money people, the media rights holders, OK it. They ponied up the money to make sure the Big 12 survived the last time around and I'm not so sure they won't do what they need to, to keep it going this next time around also.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview