Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2018653 - 07/01/17 01:52 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: tmcats
Pac-12 woes
Don't assume the Big 12 is going to break up when its media contract expires in 2025. That's because the Pac-12 continues to fall further behind its Power Five brethren in revenue.
You can see the recently released numbers. What's more troubling is the Pac-12 returned only 70 percent of its revenue to its 12 schools.
That's by far the smallest percentage among the Power Five. Costs of building out a new headquarters in San Francisco and maintaining a large staff get the biggest blame.
Who's to say the Big 12 at some point doesn't reach out and try to snag, say, Arizona and Arizona State?

even dennis the menace understands

lol

Ok dumbass... let's just flat out bet on it.

I'll give you 10,000:1 odds on whether ASU or UofA even leaves the PAC for ANY CONFERENCE in the next 10 years. This is such a retardedly stupid idea that you can put up or shut up. There is NO RATIONAL PERSON ON THE PLANET that honestly thinks this is even a remote possibility.

Keep posting all the fake news, climate-change-denying, reptilian-overlord-spouting, Paterno-apologizing, bullshit you want. It's all wrong and your rural brain is too dumb to comprehend reality.

#2018654 - 07/01/17 01:53 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Originally Posted By: kylecof11
B1G should be the choice for anyone if they had a pick. Yes the SEC is nice, but the B1G is a whole different level, IMO.

We recruit Texas and the southeast so the SEC fits our recruiting footprint. If we joined the B1G recruiting would be very tough.

Would be interesting but at least one of the OK schools and WVU will go to SEC.
OSU and OU are a package deal. Their state governing board, equivalent to our board of regents, has already said there will be no separation.

lol wrong

#2018655 - 07/01/17 01:54 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: tmcats

but beyond that, the rationale for leaving now is so weak. i can't believe any member of this league would do so after seeing what's come of those who did. once proud nebraska has become the definition of "meh." [/color]

Oh yeah, the Big 12 is so dominant now.

Oh wait, I guess we forgot about 1/3 appearances in the CFP.

#2018656 - 07/01/17 01:59 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

I don't see them leaving separately just like I don't see KU/K-State doing that.

We all know you can't see anything at all. Your brain's capability for abstract thought is nonexistent.

KU and K-State are entirely different schools with entirely different missions. Only a complete rural moron would not recognize the need for KU to scrape the K-State dingleberry off,

#2018657 - 07/01/17 02:00 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: track]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: track
I hope to hell we aren't shackled to KSU for eternity. That would really suck.

KU will get out of the current Board of Regents. It won't be eternal.

#2018658 - 07/01/17 02:01 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: dgless21]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Would it really surprise anyone if the State of Kansas tries to screw over KU to benefit KSU?

Only the ruralites want to screw over KU...and everyone else it seems. Vote them out.

#2018659 - 07/01/17 02:01 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: track]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: track
Once brownback and his cronies are gone I think the chance is less likely

The legislature is dominated by rural idiots. KU needs to get out from under it.

#2018667 - 07/01/17 10:35 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
I don't see them leaving separately just like I don't see KU/K-State doing that.

We all know you can't see anything at all. Your brain's capability for abstract thought is nonexistent.

KU and K-State are entirely different schools with entirely different missions. Only a complete rural moron would not recognize the need for KU to scrape the K-State dingleberry off,
Another one of your "opinion" and not a fact.

#2018668 - 07/01/17 11:12 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: JimWest]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Would it really surprise anyone if the State of Kansas tries to screw over KU to benefit KSU?

Only the ruralites want to screw over KU...and everyone else it seems. Vote them out.

Unfortunately, "ruralites" or people raised by "ruralites" make up a large portion of Kansas. That mindset may very well be the majority in the state at this point.

There is obviously an issue in the state when people like that asshat J.R. Claeys, the failed politician Bob Strawn, or Brownback can get elected.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2018680 - 07/02/17 07:56 AM Re: New article on KU to Big10 [Re: Topcitykid10]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
A lot of Brownback's cronies have already been voted out, even that leading anti-KU dipsh!t who tried to introduce a bill making it illegal for KU to pay on the bonds we secured for the new Central District Plan. Most of the significant number of cronies who are now gone were defeated in their primaries. So, luckily now the state legislature is less hostile to KU and maybe even supportive in some cases.

Also, I've met quite a few "ruralites" in my life who are KU alumni or big KU supporters/fans. They aren't all cut from the same clothe.

As for the topic at hand, I think the landscape of what's driving any possible realignment is a lot different than it was 5 to 7 years ago and will be even more different in the next 5 to 7 years. The pressures will be different as will the direction it all goes or doesn't go IMHO.

In the end though, the media rights people (right now ESPN and Fox Sports) will dictate whether it happens or not, just like they did the last 2 go arounds. Nobody is moving anywhere unless the big money people, the media rights holders, OK it. They ponied up the money to make sure the Big 12 survived the last time around and I'm not so sure they won't do what they need to, to keep it going this next time around also.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview