Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2018437 - 06/24/17 08:05 PM This place dead or what?
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Another season of fun behind us. Going to miss some from these teams.

Everyone doing ok?

#2018440 - 06/25/17 04:18 AM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Not really dead. Was thinking you might have been. Wtf been happening.

#2018442 - 06/25/17 10:43 AM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
BLUE has been behaving. He left us alone for a decent period of time.

#2018445 - 06/25/17 12:41 PM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I would not wish upon even my Jayhawk "friends" my past several months. I even woke once and my ex wife was in the room. I thought I was in hell already but not yet anyway.

I really will miss seeing Frank Jackson play. Whoever he played had a long day ahead of them because he is relentless. I hope he can make it in the NBA. Isiah Thomas has done well and Mason is much bigger than Ulis who played well. Ulis is about 5'8 140-145 lbs.

When is the HOF induction for Self? I bet you Larry Brown is one of his presenters, who will be the other two? Does he get a 30 for 30 infomercial........whoops, I mean deep look into his career?

#2018446 - 06/25/17 02:02 PM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Sorry you had a bad several months. Glad you're back. But UK still suks and I will be in Chicago for another Jayhawk beat down of dem Wildcats.

#2018451 - 06/25/17 03:24 PM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We will get that beat down and I'm certain of that. No way these Cats will be ready. Youngest ever team in NCAA history possibly. 8 freshmen I think. No experience at all returning that was worth a dang. I would even settled for Dominque Hawkins at point.
But, these guys are hopefully better by March but to be honest, not feeling it. A weak class overall for college ball. Next year will be a good class, known otherwise as transfer time.
I loved DeAaron Fox. He needs some muscle weight I think but man he is so fast.
I really thought by April, UNC and UK were the two best. They got us by a buzzer beater and happy to see Roy make Coach K nervous. K is finished with the one and done stuff....... now. After seeing it takes more than rolling the ball out with a bunch of talent.

Hey, Phog, have you ever spent any time in the OBX in NC? I've visited and have a UK pal down that way who is a big golfer. He owns 4-5 pizza joints in Kitty Hawk, Duck, Nags Head. Good guy and his papaw played for Rupp.

#2018463 - 06/25/17 08:58 PM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

KYBB, glad you're back. I was wondering about you and was hoping you were okay.

#2018468 - 06/25/17 10:55 PM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Welcome back!

#2018473 - 06/26/17 09:45 AM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Not really dead. Was thinking you might have been. Wtf been happening.

#2018474 - 06/26/17 09:46 AM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Sorry you had a bad several months. Glad you're back. But UK still suks and I will be in Chicago for another Jayhawk beat down of dem Wildcats.

#2018478 - 06/26/17 12:36 PM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
We will get that beat down and I'm certain of that. No way these Cats will be ready. Youngest ever team in NCAA history possibly. 8 freshmen I think. No experience at all returning that was worth a dang. I would even settled for Dominque Hawkins at point.
But, these guys are hopefully better by March but to be honest, not feeling it. A weak class overall for college ball. Next year will be a good class, known otherwise as transfer time.
I loved DeAaron Fox. He needs some muscle weight I think but man he is so fast.
I really thought by April, UNC and UK were the two best. They got us by a buzzer beater and happy to see Roy make Coach K nervous. K is finished with the one and done stuff....... now. After seeing it takes more than rolling the ball out with a bunch of talent.

Hey, Phog, have you ever spent any time in the OBX in NC? I've visited and have a UK pal down that way who is a big golfer. He owns 4-5 pizza joints in Kitty Hawk, Duck, Nags Head. Good guy and his papaw played for Rupp.

Yes I have been to the Outer Banks a few times. Wasn't much different than the Sandbridge area of Virginia Bch. So I figured why drive the extra miles.

#2019229 - 07/27/17 10:13 AM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
KYBB, glad you're back. I was wondering about you and was hoping you were okay.

Thanks y'all. I'm kicking still.

#2019231 - 07/27/17 01:18 PM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Welcome back KB. Site not dead, just a lull time between seasons. There will be a spike for a bit during the Italy tour then it will crescendo up to Late night and really take off for another great season, hopefully one of best.

#2019234 - 07/27/17 04:26 PM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think Kansas will be one of the favorites again. Strong, experienced guard play and the big guy in the middle will be an improvement.
This next season there won't be as many really good teams. This past season, there was probably 8 teams that could have won it. Arkansas had UNC beaten and coughed up a big lead, then a bad call cost them the game or they were history in the round of 32. It's all just that close. I wasn't too happy with our draw for a 2 seed. Wichita St, UCLA, UNC. Give me a break. Ultimately UNC beat us by 2 on a buzzer beater, had we won that I would have liked our chances vs Oregon and Gonzaga. So close to our 5th FF in 8 years. Hope UNC gets penalized by the NCAA for the 05, 09 teams and about 20 years of cheating vacated. Won't happen. Louisville is under appeal on NCAA that will cost them a few years, 2 FF, and a championship. If the NCAA loses these battles, its over for them. Programs will flip the bird and do whatever it takes.

#2019242 - 07/28/17 12:53 PM Re: This place dead or what? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Contenders as KU missed on a Point Guard that decided to go to Duke instead that could have led KU to a NCAA Tourney win. Grham is a NBAD Leaguer. Too many of those lead a team to March Madness but never get Trophy and ring.

See Ring thread in right Rings

Preview