Rate This Topic
#2018669 - 07/01/17 11:26 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: track
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I never heard of 58. Go on...

"I can't count the numbers" can be helped with some remedial math classes. Just a suggestion.

Right back at you... Suggest you and 58 PM each other in the future or just get a room together
I certainly can't PM you. PM blocker you...

#2018670 - 07/01/17 02:17 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: tmcats]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
What I heard a while ago about the north end is they're keeping the exterior infrastructure but squaring off the inside.

I think Dgless21 laid out what they're going to do to the south end with building a tunnel/addition to Anderson to the stadium and some permanent low rise seating under the scoreboard.

this makes sense, kman, because that end of the stadium is the primary distinguishing characteristic that makes the structure itself unique. the area between the stands and exterior facade can then be used as a walk-around space like many stadiums have adapted these days.

cool albeit different than memorial

Off topic but since you mentioned 'em, please explain why CSU is not being invited into the Truckstop 12? They obviously want the glory w/ that stadium, they'd fit right in w/ our fellow 'taters, huge research budget, back into the Colorado market. The only way this works is to get back to 12 like-minded institutions and regain some of that old Big8 can-do mojo. Baffles me.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2018671 - 07/01/17 03:47 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Originally Posted By: John_Brown
Off topic but since you mentioned 'em, please explain why CSU is not being invited into the Truckstop 12? They obviously want the glory w/ that stadium, they'd fit right in w/ our fellow 'taters, huge research budget, back into the Colorado market. The only way this works is to get back to 12 like-minded institutions and regain some of that old Big8 can-do mojo. Baffles me.

CSU is mediocre or below in every sport that matters.

Despite the stadium, they don't add much, if any, TV revenue. I honestly don't think with Bobo they're much better than KU, ISU, or the other teams near the bottom in the Big 12 in football.

I haven't seen that they're much better in other revenue generating sports when it comes to big 12 competition.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2018672 - 07/01/17 08:03 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21

Despite the stadium, they don't add much, if any, TV revenue. I honestly don't think with Bobo they're much better than KU, ISU
Bobo isn't much better? Really? 14-12 as head coach isn't much better? Than 2-22? You are beyond delusional dgless...

Honesty is not your strong suit.

#2018673 - 07/01/17 09:59 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO

Despite the stadium, they don't add much, if any, TV revenue. I honestly don't think with Bobo they're much better than KU, ISU
Bobo isn't much better? Really? 14-12 as head coach isn't much better? Than 2-22? You are beyond delusional dgless...

14-12 in a non Power 5 conference isn't exactly dominating.

#2018675 - 07/01/17 10:16 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

14-12 in a non Power 5 conference isn't exactly dominating.
Who said CSU was dominating? Dgless has to know that Bobo has a program pointed the right way. I can only hope & wish our guy has a coaching strategy that is for the college game. Had a decent HS run.

#2018678 - 07/02/17 01:04 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Nothing you've said addressed the point that they would be much better than KU or ISU in the big 12.

When they can't consistently beat teams like Air Force, Idaho, or Wyoming, let's not pretend CSU would come into the Big 12 and be anything more than a bottom dweller like KU and Iowa State are currently.

#2018681 - 07/02/17 08:19 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
KUCO can't understand the difference between having an average strength of schedule of #18 in the country the past 2 years versus having one #113 in the country the last 2 years, nor can he understand having a roster of around 85 recruited scholarship players versus one of around 65 recruited scholarship players the past 2 years.

KUCO is the Mongo of this board.

#2018682 - 07/02/17 08:32 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Nothing you've said addressed the point that they would be much better than KU or ISU in the big 12.

When they can't consistently beat teams like Air Force, Idaho, or Wyoming, let's not pretend CSU would come into the Big 12 and be anything more than a bottom dweller like KU and Iowa State are currently.
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/c...ales/435997001/

CSU is primed to go big time. Bobo isn't much better than "our guy"? Really? Hmmm, 2-22 OR an above average .500 winning record? You two are "to infinity and beyond" with your beliefs system. SOS doesn't mean d!ck when you are as far down as we are. CSU probably beats KU in 2015-6. We will never know for sure - we don't want to invite "them people". Mongo stupid is refusing to compare programs.

BTW you said Bobo wasn't much better than our program or ISU. Not CSU.

#2018683 - 07/02/17 09:38 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

For whatever reason, you're trying to change this to a conversation of Beaty vs Bobo.

My original comment was about CSU the athletic program and specifically the football team "with Bobo."

#2018684 - 07/02/17 10:50 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

SOS doesn't mean d!ck when you are as far down as we are.
This in a nutshell is why you're the Mongo of this board.

The difference between what CSU faced and what KU faced in the past 2 years is analogous to a race between a BMW 540i with an engine with 1 working cylinder and a slipping transmission facing an arduous steep uphill curvy mountain road versus a Ford Taurus with little to nothing wrong with it facing a nice relatively straight road with a few small hills. Bobo gets in the Taurus and drives off without too much hassle while Beaty gets in the 540i and struggles to get the thing even started. You'd proclaim that Bobo was a much better more capable driver cause his car is further down the road than Beaty's while completely ignoring the different roads being traveled and all the things wrong with the BMW to begin with.

Willful ignorance or absolute stupidity are the only conclusions to explain your constant extremely flawed diatribe.

#2018685 - 07/02/17 11:19 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
"Willful ignorance or absolute stupidity are the only conclusions to explain your constant extremely flawed diatribe."

That's kuco

#2018686 - 07/02/17 11:45 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
SOS doesn't mean d!ck when you are as far down as we are.
This in a nutshell is why you're the Mongo of this board.

The difference between what CSU faced and what KU faced in the past 2 years is analogous to a race between a BMW 540i with an engine with 1 working cylinder and a slipping transmission facing an arduous steep uphill curvy mountain road versus a Ford Taurus with little to nothing wrong with it facing a nice relatively straight road with a few small hills. Bobo gets in the Taurus and drives off without too much hassle while Beaty gets in the 540i and struggles to get the thing even started. You'd proclaim that Bobo was a much better more capable driver cause his car is further down the road than Beaty's while completely ignoring the different roads being traveled and all the things wrong with the BMW to begin with.

Willful ignorance or absolute stupidity are the only conclusions to explain your constant extremely flawed diatribe.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pic...0&FORM=IGRE

This is what a crapped out BMW Kansas is. No, we should be grateful for "that guy" stealing our money while coaching us to an 11 games lost average over the past two years.

#2018688 - 07/02/17 03:49 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2018692 - 07/02/17 06:20 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: kuco_voc
Next movie is going to be called "Dumb and getting Dumber"

Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 >

Preview