Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019942 - 08/27/17 10:39 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
KU Football put out another photo(shop) of how the North end zone area/Field Goal Club will look, but this time from the perspective of someone looking at the field from the back end of it.

Also hearing they'll begin work on the new indoor facility right after the end of the season this year. Heard it'll be built over 1/2 of the existing new outdoor practice fields, the two 40 yard short fields that run perpendicular to the 1 full length field. This is why that 1/2 of the practice field area got a new design with the new turf back in June.

That's not photoshopped. I was there. It was a season ticket event yesterday during practice to test it out and try to get people to pay the $400 extra to have access for the season. It's from the front of the top deck.

They had domestic beers, wine, and finger foods (chips and queso, wings, meatballs, cookies, etc.). Then a couple booths set up to discuss, pick up the new clear bags, and get some free swag (poster, beer coozies, key ring, chip clip, etc).
Ahh, last night it looked to me like they photoshopped the people in to me for some reason and I hadn't even had any of the free booze! Couldn't make it to the practice nor that event so hadn't realized they took some real photos with real people in them.

#2019944 - 08/27/17 10:44 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Right. It was a decent event.

It's still unusual based on the location and the questionable viewpoint of the game, but if you're there more to socialize than watch the game, I could understand your desire to be there.

I believe Salty Iguana and Biggs are going to be providing the food during game days.

They also installed all of the seatbacks for season ticket holders already--since you can't bring them into the games anymore.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019945 - 08/27/17 10:50 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I'm more interested in wins than wings. I can eat before the games before my stomach sours.

#2019947 - 08/27/17 11:26 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Assuming some of the rumors are right, the marketing team is being ramped up for the end of September to push the stadium renovations.

The goal, from my understanding, is to have them ready for Late Night and before homecoming. The goal is to, as one person put it, "Get as much as possible out of every single person...even if it's only five dollars."

#2020502 - 09/14/17 11:23 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Hearing from a couple different people around the Lawrence area that a single donor was ponying up a number in the $100M range.

Took Keegs three extra months to get this info, but hey...

"...KU is trying to raise $300 million for stadium renovations — I’m told one remarkably generous donor pledged $100 million spread out over 10 years."

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/sep/14/tom-keegan-kansas-needs-upset-victory-athens-ohio-/

#2020503 - 09/14/17 01:52 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yeah if one person accounted for a third of the cost, then that is huge

#2020504 - 09/14/17 02:25 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: kylecof11]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: kylecof11
Yeah if one person accounted for a third of the cost, then that is huge
Let's see the entire donation before naming the popcorn stand after the donor. For example, Kivisto Field. Never got the entire donation announced.

#2020511 - 09/15/17 08:41 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

They usually won't announce a drive until they have at least 50% already pledged.

#2020515 - 09/15/17 11:36 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: JimWest]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: JimWest
They usually won't announce a drive until they have at least 50% already pledged.
Word a couple of months ago was that they thought they had, but I'm not so sure right now. They've pushed the announcement back twice already that I know of.

I'd say it's a 50/50 shot that they do get to their threshold for announcing it publicly by the WVU game, which is the planned announcement day as of right now. Either way, I think they'll still break ground on the new indoor practice facility almost immediately after our last home game and that's part of the phase 1 plan on renovations. So, at least that part will get done regardless of additional fundraising or not.

#2020522 - 09/15/17 04:59 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
No need to worry about "sight lines" any more....the 5,000 left in the 4th quarter last week had a pretty unimpeded view of the group impersonating the KU Football team.

Page 15 of 15 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15

Preview