Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019498 - 08/10/17 08:54 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I don't think TCU has any more of a chance of pulling coach Beaty away from KU than Baylor does. Also, Fort Worth may only be about as far from Dallas as Lawrence is from KC, but traffic wise it's anywhere as far away as Junction City or Wichita sometimes in terms of time to get from one place to the next.

I just don't think he'd leave for anything other than a job at blue blood type school and I don't know if he'd leave even then if he's established KU as a perennial bowl team by then. I've never heard him mention a dream job or even allude to one other than the KU job he's got right now. Maybe that's just the here and now talking, but like I said you don't keep ownership of a house in a town you no longer live in and have no guarantees of coming back to anytime soon if you don't really genuinely love that town in some way.

Who knows, but the only way a scenario like that plays out where he's got to decide between staying at KU or taking the job at UT or maybe even A&M is if 1 or both of those schools make another bad hire or 2 and KU is not only a perennial bowl team, but also perennially competing for the conference championship IMHO. If that happens, then I think KU would be willing and able to step up and match the $$ virtually any other school would throw at him.

And in that case, KU would be in pretty damned good shape either way I'd think.

Edited by Kman_blue (08/11/17 11:01 AM)
Edit Reason: how did autocorrect change bad to day?!?

#2019503 - 08/10/17 10:44 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I agree KMan. we ARE on the right track. And this is a complete reboot that he can take pride in IF he is able to get us to a consistent winning state, he would probably want to see it through. I could see him staying vs the pressure cooker that Texas jobs come with in win now, or we buy you out and you never work again.

#2019505 - 08/11/17 08:12 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

http://kuathletics.com/news/2017/8/10/kansas-football-unveils-field-goal-club-for-2017-season.aspx

Saw this idea a while back on the seating chart but didn't know exactly what the details were. Just knew it was replacing where the band was. Well, they released the details. Not a bad idea. Beer, wine and water with Chick-Fil-A and Salty Iguana food. Will be very temporary until the renovation is done, but not the worst thing except they basically took away the Family Zone, which sucks for me and my family of 4 if we wanted to come to a game because that 4-pack Family Zone ticket was outstanding.

But this will give fans a really up close look on the field as they will only be 10 feet away from the end zone if they want to get that close. $400 to sit there.

Also I saw they are going to do some Cabana suites right underneath the Touchdown Club in the South End Zone. That will be an interesting thing as it will provide shade for those fans while being close to the field on the South end with all the amenities of the Touchdown Club.

I will give them credit for trying to make the fan experience more enjoyable. Instead of having suites and chair backs, they are providing plenty of other options for seating that gets you even closer to the action. All of this is temporary, as I mentioned because the renovations will clear some of this stuff out.

#2019506 - 08/11/17 08:20 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I'm all for it.

I don't know many people that would drop $400 more to do it, but we'll see how it works out.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019512 - 08/11/17 11:04 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

For those who want to see what it'll look like.

#2019513 - 08/11/17 11:10 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I agree KMan. we ARE on the right track. And this is a complete reboot that he can take pride in IF he is able to get us to a consistent winning state, he would probably want to see it through. I could see him staying vs the pressure cooker that Texas jobs come with in win now, or we buy you out and you never work again.
Good point about the pressure cooker.

I just get the feeling of being around coach Beaty, observing what he's said since he was here under Mangino up until now as well as talking directly to him from time to time that KU is his version of his dream job. Based on that I think it'd take a blue blood type job along with some other serious incentives to make him change his mind.

I think you're on to something about wanting to see the KU rebuild through. He definitely isn't the kind of guy to shrink from a challenge and I think he'd get great satisfaction from seeing it through to the end and that's why I said if he did end up leaving for another job sometime in the distant future that KU should be in good shape by then.

#2019519 - 08/11/17 04:03 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Looks terrible to me.

#2019521 - 08/11/17 09:25 PM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: Kman_blue]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

So if this is the north endzone will the north still be a bowl or are there still possible plans to square it off? Also kinda makes me thing the field will not be lowered due to how far that seating area comes out to the field.

#2019522 - 08/12/17 10:17 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Thats just some new area for the drunkards. I want to see the real renovation drawings. Where are they.

#2019523 - 08/12/17 10:20 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn

wth is that anyway?

#2019524 - 08/12/17 11:03 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: INation]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: INation

So if this is the north endzone will the north still be a bowl or are there still possible plans to square it off? Also kinda makes me thing the field will not be lowered due to how far that seating area comes out to the field.

More or less what PHOGUSHER said, this isn't part of the renovations. It's an area designed to get people in the bowl area a lot closer to the field by having that standing room only area within 10 yards of the back of the end zone. They'll also serve beer and wine among other things there. It's an attempt to give some people a more party like atmosphere and get some extra revenue. Be interesting to see how well it works until it's wiped out by the actual renovations. Think the bowl area will be done last though, so it'll be a few years. They're getting quite creative in trying to attract more people to the stadium and to get some more revenue out of some of the ones already there.

Last I heard they're planning on releasing to the public the renovation plans at 1 of our home games in September. Was going to be the 1st home game, but now I think it'll be done at either the WVU game or TTech game.

#2019937 - 08/27/17 03:18 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: John_Brown]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

KU Football put out another photo(shop) of how the North end zone area/Field Goal Club will look, but this time from the perspective of someone looking at the field from the back end of it.

Also hearing they'll begin work on the new indoor facility right after the end of the season this year. Heard it'll be built over 1/2 of the existing new outdoor practice fields, the two 40 yard short fields that run perpendicular to the 1 full length field. This is why that 1/2 of the practice field area got a new design with the new turf back in June.

#2019938 - 08/27/17 09:27 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
hey, that's sort of like this one in ft. collins. a school which should have been invited into the conference.

#2019939 - 08/27/17 09:56 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
KU Football put out another photo(shop) of how the North end zone area/Field Goal Club will look, but this time from the perspective of someone looking at the field from the back end of it.

Also hearing they'll begin work on the new indoor facility right after the end of the season this year. Heard it'll be built over 1/2 of the existing new outdoor practice fields, the two 40 yard short fields that run perpendicular to the 1 full length field. This is why that 1/2 of the practice field area got a new design with the new turf back in June.

That's not photoshopped. I was there. It was a season ticket event yesterday during practice to test it out and try to get people to pay the $400 extra to have access for the season. It's from the front of the top deck.

They had domestic beers, wine, and finger foods (chips and queso, wings, meatballs, cookies, etc.). Then a couple booths set up to discuss, pick up the new clear bags, and get some free swag (poster, beer coozies, key ring, chip clip, etc).

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019940 - 08/27/17 10:01 AM Re: Memorial Stadium [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Coach Bobo has the program (CSU) righted after his first two years and entering his third. There are turn around coaches out there available to the football programs in America.

Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 >

Preview