Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2018214 - 06/19/17 05:11 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
What I can tell you is Bohl wouldn't be crying about roster size. He wins when he takes your team and plays his team. Beaty can't coach his way out the opening of a paper bag. An open paper bag.

#2018216 - 06/19/17 06:17 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
My main point is several posters are cowed into loving 2-22

Which posters are these? Name them and then show a post where they were happy or "loving" our record over the past 2 years to back up this claim.

Cause I can't think of 1 poster or any 1 post where someone was happy or "loving" that record.

#2018217 - 06/19/17 06:57 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
What I can tell you is Bohl wouldn't be crying about roster size. He wins when he takes your team and plays his team. Beaty can't coach his way out the opening of a paper bag. An open paper bag.
No one would have won with our talent. Even Saban. When you run off 50 players no one can win with that. Give Beaty credit for having the fortitude of installing a massive walk-on program to try and shore up what was left for him.

#2018218 - 06/19/17 06:59 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
640 views today. Yes, it must be dumb.
More like 640 laughs!

#2018220 - 06/19/17 07:18 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Which posters are these? Name them and then show a post where they were happy or "loving" our record over the past 2 years to back up this claim.

Cause I can't think of 1 poster or any 1 post where someone was happy or "loving" that record.
58, dg/crap & kayman come to my mind.

#2018221 - 06/19/17 07:19 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
640 views today. Yes, it must be dumb.
More like 640 laughs!
You are laughing, I am crying

#2018222 - 06/19/17 07:19 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

What I can tell you is Bohl wouldn't be crying about roster size. He wins when he takes your team and plays his team.
That's such pure bullsh!t.

I don't care how good the coach, no coach is going to have a winning record with the roster numbers we had. There's literally been no other P-5 or even D-1 program in the 25 scholarship limit era with anything close to the roster situation KU had when coach Beaty took over.

The closest comparison at all is Penn St. and they still had a substantially better roster count than KU did, yet they still took a significant hit in their W-L record and took 5 years to really recover from their roster situation.

The next closest comparison would be SMU in the pre-25 scholarship limit era. They of course took a much worse roster hit, but as I mentioned it happened with a lot less limitations in recruiting and scholarship numbers per year so they were able to build their roster back up much faster. However they still took a huge hit to their W-L record and took 7 years to really recover from it.

Your vaunted man-crush Craig Bohl took over a Wyoming team that had gone 8-5, 4-8, and 5-7 for a total W-L record of 17-20 the 3 previous seasons and had a more or less full roster when he took over and proceeded to go 4-8, 2-10, and 8-6 for a total W-L record of 14-24 over his 1st 3 seasons. There's nothing there that at all suggests he'd of come into KU and "won" back in 2015. In fact it suggests the opposite.

Despite him doing great at NDSU for over a decade and then taking over a program with a full roster situation it's still taking him 3 years and counting to show any real improvement there. It certainly suggests he'd of done no better at KU than coach Beaty has to this point, but what it really shows is just how long and difficult it is for any new coach to get his system established in any new program, much less one with the kind of HUGE roster hole KU had. In fact, Craig Bohl's experience at Wyoming directly refutes the entire basic premise of virtually all of your non-stop b!tching and moaning about KU football and coach Beaty over the past 2 years.

#2018223 - 06/19/17 07:33 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

Show me 1 post where anyone was happy about or "loving": our W-L record, other than you. You've been the only one loving it besides our resident chickensh!t grape fan.

Also, not sure who the hell kayman is as I've never seen that poster on this message board before.

Edited by Kman_blue (06/20/17 05:41 AM)

#2018225 - 06/19/17 08:10 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Why are we off topic?

We were discussing Nick Saban at KU.

Stop. Changing. The. Subject. You. Assholes.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2018226 - 06/19/17 11:16 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Show me 1 post where anyone was happy about or "loving: our W-L record, other than you. You've been the only one loving it besides our resident chickensh!t grape fan.

Also, not sure who the hell kayman is as I've never seen that poster on this message board before.
I apologize for the kman slur. You are civilized in your reasoned remarks. As I have said I am upset when I see better HC candidates get the likes of Wyoming farther along than Kansas 2016.

#2018228 - 06/20/17 05:53 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Why are we off topic?

Mea Culpa! LOL

I heard Saban desperately wanted the job, but Zenger told him "no thanks" because he didn't have any high school coaching experience or Texas ties for recruiting.

#2018230 - 06/20/17 07:10 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Why are we off topic?

Mea Culpa! LOL

I heard Saban desperately wanted the job, but Zenger told him "no thanks" because he didn't have any high school coaching experience or Texas ties for recruiting.
It was reported at the time that Saban didn't know how to play Frisbee or hackysack with the "fans". Definitely not a people pleaser. There, we are now pleasing 21.

But remember, Bohl has really turned a downtrodden football program around in short order. He's not the only college coach out there, just the best one available at the time when we needed a real college coach. We were reaching for high hanging fruit on the highest tree branch instead...Zenger will always wonder if.

This is my last word on this subject.

#2018231 - 06/20/17 08:01 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

What does Bohl have to do with our conversation about Saban at KU?

You gotta look at all these reasons Saban would come to KU.

It's division one football. It's the big 12. It ain't intramurals.

Lawrence is better than Tuskaloosa.

KU has cuter girls.

Better basketball.

Less incest.

Better barbecue.

No more Stoops around to beat him.

Obviously, Saban would rather build a new program than just keep Bama going.

Less Finebaum.

Don't have to play Missouri.

If a Texas HS HC wizard can get four and five stars here, it's obviously an easy school to recruit at.

Plus, less money...and Notorious B.I.G. says mo money, mo problems. So he'd have less problems.

Seems like a no brainer.

#2018233 - 06/20/17 08:52 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

So Bohl had a Bama job before Wyoming? No. He saw his opportunity when Wyoming came open and took it. Biig difference 😏
Bisons to Jayhawks? Yep

Bama to Jayhawks? Nope

Biggie Smalls record? 4-7 out of 11 nominations. But he had 5 years to get 4 wins. My favorite win? Soul Train baby!!

#2018234 - 06/20/17 09:04 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I don't see what Craig Bohl has to do with Nick Saban coming to KU.

Is Saban bringing Bohl in as an assistant?

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview