Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2018182 - 06/19/17 11:02 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
So, in this hypothetical discussion that potentially rewrites history, when does he start at Kansas?
Before the 2014 season, as clearly Weis had zero AD support.

If he had started at KU before Beaty, what kind of "butterfly effects" would happen in the rest of the world?
DJT would still be a minor NY figure, not POTUS...

So why, exactly, does Craig Bohl show interest in KU after firing two coaches in four years? Especially with the somewhat low tier money, the full-blown rebuild we needed, and a somewhat clueless AD?

Much like KSU without Snyder, KU was/is seen as a place where you go to end your career and not really in a good way.
Bohl was considered a big fish in a little fish bowl for 10+ years as a HC. You don't think he has the background, motivation, experience to want to play the BIG12 P5 football conference? Hardly. (Note: got his feet wet at NU)

#2018183 - 06/19/17 11:06 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

posters were already giving out names available BEFORE the last half year for Scooterman.

Link?

https://www.mwcconnection.com/mountain-w...-the-kansas-job

"Kansas isn't expected to make any real movement on their coaching search until sometime in November but that doesn't stop fans and media speculating on who could be candidates for the opening. One name that is being brought up as a possibility is Wyoming's first year head coach Craig Bohl.

The likelihood of Bohl leaving Laramie, Wyoming, for Lawrence, Kansas, is not very high to start with but none the less when people look at possible candidates and who may be perfect fits for the job, Bohl's name is right there at the very top."

This link is from after Weis was fired and after Bohl was hired at Wyoming.
"that doesn't stop fans (posters) from speculating who could be Kansas coach" I assume the speculation reasonably began earlier than the story, dgless21.

#2018184 - 06/19/17 11:12 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I didn't ask that. I asked why he would come to Kansas.

The last time he was around, he didn't have very positive things to say. It only went downhill from there with fan support, money, record, etc.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/sep/09/ndsu-coach-rips-ku/

He also didn't apply to KU either time the job was open after Gill and Weis were fired.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2018185 - 06/19/17 11:20 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

posters were already giving out names available BEFORE the last half year for Scooterman.
"that doesn't stop fans (posters) from speculating who could be Kansas coach" I assume the speculation reasonably began earlier than the story, dgless21.

It started when Weis got fired, sure.

This does nothing to prove it happened before the last half year despite your assumptions.

#2018186 - 06/19/17 11:24 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Still saying we should've hired Saban if we're going to have this completely fact-less do-over.

#2018187 - 06/19/17 11:36 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

It started when Weis got fired, sure.

This does nothing to prove it happened before the last half year despite your assumptions.
My link shows speculation BEFORE Weis got fired. If you ignore the facts, you're called ignorant.

#2018188 - 06/19/17 11:38 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Still saying we should've hired Saban if we're going to have this completely fact-less do-over.
So you believe Saban would have jumped as well as Bohl? Hardly.

#2018189 - 06/19/17 11:41 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I didn't ask that. I asked why he would come to Kansas.

The last time he was around, he didn't have very positive things to say. It only went downhill from there with fan support, money, record, etc.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/sep/09/ndsu-coach-rips-ku/

He also didn't apply to KU either time the job was open after Gill and Weis were fired.
I am hoping the AD doesn't just look for new HC(s) by going thru applications filled out at the front desk by losers!!

#2018190 - 06/19/17 11:43 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Your link doesn't agree with your "the last half year before" statement. Regardless, even if you have your make-believe a half year of posts, you're still four months short of Bohl being hired at Wyoming.

So again, your whole premise is just flat out wrong, dumb, baseless, invalid...and it was all just to take a petty shot at Beaty who had the same 2-10 record in his second season.

#2018191 - 06/19/17 11:45 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

My make-believe fantasy coach has just as much validity as yours.

Ironic that someone trying this hard to prove something that has no base in fact calls other people unicorns.

#2018192 - 06/19/17 11:47 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I am hoping the AD doesn't just look for new HC(s) by going thru applications filled out at the front desk by losers!!

We should chase after all the coaches that show no interest. Like Saban.

Pretty sure my make-believe KU coach would beat your make-believe coach if their make-believe teams played each other in a make-believe game at a make-believe stadium in a make-believe land during a make-believe time.

Trolling the troll is hard work. Whew.

#2018193 - 06/19/17 11:50 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

My make-believe fantasy coach has just as much validity as yours.

Ironic that someone trying this hard to prove something that has no base in fact calls other people unicorns.
It's basis, not "base".

#2018194 - 06/19/17 11:54 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

We should chase after all the coaches that show no interest. Like Saban.

Pretty sure my make-believe KU coach would beat your make-believe coach if their make-believe teams played each other in a make-believe game at a make-believe stadium in a make-believe land during a make-believe time.

Trolling the troll is hard work. Whew.
Maybe you're right! Beaty showed up at the front desk, filled out an app, and then he was given a golden shower of $800K...

#2018195 - 06/19/17 11:57 AM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

That's just as likely as any of your other suggestions in this thread.

#2018196 - 06/19/17 12:01 PM Re: HC Craig Bohl - Wyoming's rising "son" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

It's basis, not "base".

You mean like "base" - a fundamental principle or groundwork; foundation; basis?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/base

C'mon, Laura. You can do better.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview