Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017580 - 05/29/17 11:02 AM New revenue streams?
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Are the underdog conferences dead? Or are they more creative?

Conference USA on twitter.

I don't believe the article gives a dollar amount. But this does give their fans access. Seems to me that the little guys are fighting back. Perhaps this kinda stuff will save the Big12 afterall.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2017602 - 05/30/17 10:02 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
the demise of the big 12 is greatly exaggerated, unfounded and, frankly, silly.

#2017604 - 05/30/17 11:17 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: tmcats

Only state school idiots believe this.

#2017709 - 06/05/17 10:20 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
Channel_Surfer Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: OP Kansas
Originally Posted By: JimWest

Pretty sure we have about 34.8 million reasons to show why the conference is doing just fine as is...

#2017710 - 06/05/17 10:26 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2017711 - 06/05/17 10:55 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Brett McMurphy‏ @Brett_McMurphy Jun 2
Big 12 will distribute $34.8 million per school, commish Bob Bowlsby announces. About a 15 percent increase from last season

The Iowa State AD posts 34.5M. Curious who is right.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2017712 - 06/05/17 11:04 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

we really need jim west's take on this financial malaise within the big 12. i'm sure he'll configure it as some sort an accounting gimmick hatched in manhattan, ks as a means to keep ku from bolting to it's conference of choice and k-state from being relegated to the mwc.

#2017714 - 06/05/17 11:33 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Most still feel it is unlikely that anything happens while the grant of rights are signed.

Soooo...feel free to continue this argument for 8 more years.

#2017717 - 06/05/17 01:07 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

we really need jim west's take on this financial malaise within the big 12. i'm sure he'll configure it as some sort accounting gimmick hatched in manhattan, ks as a means to keep ku from bolting to it's conference of choice and k-state from being relegated to the mwc.

Typical redneck truckstop dweller, conflating issues with reckless abandon.

I know this is hard for you farm people, but money =/= stability.

#2017719 - 06/05/17 01:15 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Brett McMurphy‏ @Brett_McMurphy Jun 2
Big 12 will distribute $34.8 million per school, commish Bob Bowlsby announces. About a 15 percent increase from last season

The Iowa State AD posts 34.5M. Curious who is right.
I believe Bowlsby's number is the average per school distribution, but because of bowl game payouts, etc. the actual amount received by each will vary slightly. Perhaps the ISU AD's number is the amount ISU actually received?

Add on KU's $9.2 million in tier 3 revenue and KU comes out to about $44 million in combined conference and 3rd tier media rights payout, which puts KU $3.6 million ahead of the SEC. There is a little bit of murkiness on some radio and other deals which could make what some SEC teams make in total a bit higher than just their $40.4 million conference payout though.

These numbers point to UT, KU, and OU all being in really good shape compared to most of the top tier P-5 schools across the nation, as these are the highest 3rd tier revenue schools in the Big 12. By my estimate they made about $50 million, $44 million, and $45 million respectively. I think WVU, OSU, and Tech are the next 3 and would compare favorably to most other P-5 schools across the nation in total media rights revenue as well. Being between $38 million and $41 million in total conference/media rights revenue.

#2017727 - 06/05/17 02:08 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

i know this doesn't fit your narrative, but here it is anyway, k-state's reported radio and tv contracted revenue was $4.4 million. thus, ku spent a reported $20 million + more to make an additional $3.8 million in revenue?

#2017730 - 06/05/17 02:38 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

KU spent a reported $20M on....?

#2017732 - 06/05/17 02:48 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

I don't have a narrative.

The facts are KU makes more athletic $$ per year than ksuck does every single year there's data for and it's usually a lot more $$. KU's athletic revenues, including 3rd tier rights, are and have always been superior to you purple pig farmers. To the tune of KU's athletic revenues being $95 million for 2015-16 and ksu's being $78 million.

Those are FACTS, not opinion nor narrative.

#2017733 - 06/05/17 03:02 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

Funny, Learfield Sports report it only pays ksuck $3.4 million per year for its 3rd tier rights and official state records back that claim up.

#2017741 - 06/05/17 08:52 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

The facts are KU makes more athletic $$ per year than ksuck does every single year there's data for and it's usually a lot more $$. KU's athletic revenues, including 3rd tier rights, are and have always been superior to you purple pig farmers. To the tune of KU's athletic revenues being $95 million for 2015-16 and ksu's being $78 million.

beyond your childish junior high slurs, you make the point very well. k-state media revenues are just a few million short of ku's, even though ku spends almost $20 million more generating those same media dollars. obviously, ole lew put a mbb ticket scheme together that enhances revenue. but it's somehow spent for what is not at all clear, certainly not the football stadium, which stands there as one of the worst venues if not the single worst in p5 football.

#2017745 - 06/05/17 10:00 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

KU also gave out ~40 more athletic scholarships than KSU in FY16.

They spent $3M more on student aid and $5M more in support staff and administrative staff. Haven't looked too in depth, but I could see that possibly including the 2.75M for Weis.

From the numbers reported to the NCAA for FY16, KU only had $15M more in operating expenses.

#2017746 - 06/05/17 10:11 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

i know this doesn't fit your narrative, but here it is anyway, k-state's reported radio and tv contracted revenue was $4.4 million. thus, ku spent a reported $20 million + more to make an additional $3.8 million in revenue?

What kind of retarded question is this? You honestly think that revenue is a result of expenditures?

I mean, I can't even comprehend this level of stupid. KU spends more to build higher quality programs. How many national championships does K-State have? Zero. How often is K-State even in contention for a national championship? Never.

KU isn't great in this regard by any stretch, but at least they have some success to show. Men's Basketball and Women's Outdoor track. Plus 11 more in the pre-Big 12 era.

Yeah, K-State operates in the black but when have you ever seen a fan say "Yeah, your national titles are great, but our program is more profitable!" Where do you buy those t-shirts?

#2017747 - 06/05/17 10:22 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Do Manhattanites flood the streets when the annual revenue numbers come out? I mean, if money is more important than winning, it stands to reason that K-State fans would go nuts celebrating the balance sheet.

Of course, this isn't reality and this whole truckstop logic tangent is nonsense.

#2017751 - 06/06/17 01:11 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

beyond your childish junior high slurs, you make the point very well. k-state media revenues are just a few million short of ku's, even though ku spends almost $20 million more generating those same media dollars. obviously, ole lew put a mbb ticket scheme together that enhances revenue. but it's somehow spent for what is not at all clear, certainly not the football stadium, which stands there as one of the worst venues if not the single worst in p5 football.
LOL

Calls me out for what he calls "childish slurs" and then goes on a childish tantrum attacking our stadium for no apparent reason.

Let me spell it out for you since you seem to have such a problem grasping what revenues are. That's the money coming in, not the money going out. They aren't directly generated by expenditures either, so your theory of KU spending $20 million more to make another $3.8 million isn't just utter nonsense but it's insanely stupid too.

Here are the facts of the matter. KU pulls in about $20 million more in revenues than ksu so KU has the ability to spend $20 million more than ksu does. That's also why KU has 2 more varsity teams and 40 more varsity athletes than ksu does, because we can afford it, while ksu can't. How does KU pull in almost $20 million more than ksu? It's because KU has more value and hence companies and people are willing to pay more for KU's 3rd tier rights, tickets, advertising space, apparel deals, etc. That's why KU's 3rd tier rights deal is nearly triple that of ksu's. That's also why KU makes more from virtually every source of revenue than you purple pig farmers do.

#2017761 - 06/06/17 09:57 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you're trying to be funny or something, kman. ku spends most everything they monetize. the fact ku offers more sports is a legit reason to spend $20 million more than k-state. perhaps that's the answer, but i seriously doubt it; more likely in the $3-4 million range for those few sports.

the subject here was revenue from media. and the fact remains, there's little difference between the schools. conference distributions are the same. ku makes a few million more on tier 3 rights, presumably most all that comes from it's basketball tv contract, since unlike football, many games are not picked up on the conference contract.

ku spends almost $20 million more than k-state. from a media perspective, that generates little incremental revenue, which means it's coming from fans not media.

#2017762 - 06/06/17 10:12 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Nothing one percent about saying a few million in revenue is a "little difference."

Generally speaking, a few million is substantial. It seems like you're saying an uncited $20M difference is otherworldly, but you're suggesting a few million is essentially inconsequential.

#2017763 - 06/06/17 10:23 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Nothing one percent about saying a few million in revenue is a "little difference."

Generally speaking, a few million is substantial. It seems like you're saying an uncited $20M difference is otherworldly, but you're suggesting a few million is essentially inconsequential.

in commerce for budgeting purposes, anything less than 5% is often considered inconsequential, yes.

#2017764 - 06/06/17 10:40 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

According to the latest data, KU also "operated in the black".

#2017765 - 06/06/17 10:54 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

likewise. but one could proposition in ku's case that's happening because ku is living off depreciation of it's football stadium. at some point that has to end or ku will be little more than the next uconn.

#2017766 - 06/06/17 10:55 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

in commerce for budgeting purposes, anything less than 5% is often considered inconsequential, yes.

When budgeting for media revenue, a few million would be five percent or more, pal.

#2017768 - 06/06/17 10:59 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

you're trying to be funny or something, kman. ku spends most everything they monetize.
As does virtually every university in the nation, including ksu.

ku spends almost $20 million more than k-state. from a media perspective, that generates little incremental revenue, which means it's coming from fans not media.
KU does NOT spend $20 million more than ksu on media costs. There's your fallacy.

KU makes almost triple what ksu makes on 3rd tier media rights. KU makes more on merchandising than ksu does. KU makes more on on-campus advertising than ksu does. KU makes more than double what ksu makes on our apparel contracts. Bottom line, KU makes more than ksu, because KU has greater value and companies and people are willing to pay more for that greater value. Hence, KU has has and currently still does and for the foreseeable future will pull in more athletic revenue than ksu. Not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you to grasp. Then again, you're so f'ing delusional and blinded by hate and jealousy when it comes to all things KU and Lawrence, I guess I shouldn't be surprised you can't accept nor understand this FACT.

#2017769 - 06/06/17 10:59 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

media is part of ku's ~$100 million athletics budget, pal.

#2017771 - 06/06/17 11:05 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you're trying to be funny or something, kman. ku spends most everything they monetize.
As does virtually every university in the nation, including ksu.

KU does NOT spend $20 million more than ksu on media costs. There's your fallacy.

KU makes almost triple what ksu makes on 3rd tier media rights. KU makes more on merchandising than ksu does. KU makes more on on-campus advertising than ksu does. KU makes more than double what ksu makes on our apparel contracts. Bottom line, KU makes more than ksu, because KU has greater value and companies and people are willing to pay more for that greater value. Hence, KU has has and currently still does and for the foreseeable future will pull in more athletic revenue than ksu. Not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you to grasp. Then again, you're so f'ing delusional and blinded by hate and jealousy when it comes to all things KU and Lawrence, I guess I shouldn't be surprised you can't accept nor understand this FACT.

it's rather rich that someone uses junior high level f'bombs and other slurs while suggesting the other party is full of hate and jealousy.

i never wrote ku spends $20 million more on media than k-state. i suspect that much of that expenditure is in burden/overhead costs in the athletics department.

and ku does not make triple tier 3 revenue. k-state's was $4.4 million last year for radio and tv according to its audited financial statements. what was ku, i'm sure not $13 million.

#2017772 - 06/06/17 11:08 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Considering you just posted earlier that "the subject here was revenue from media," I guess I am confused.

Which do you want to discuss? The overall athletics budget or revenue from media?

#2017773 - 06/06/17 11:10 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

k-state's was $4.4 million

At KU, that kind of money would be inconsequential.

#2017774 - 06/06/17 11:12 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Considering you just posted earlier that "the subject here was revenue from media," I guess I am confused.

Which do you want to discuss? The overall athletics budget or revenue from media?

the discussion was about media revenue and by extension consequences on the overall budget. you might want to review the thread to see how this got beyond simply discussing the media piece.

#2017776 - 06/06/17 11:18 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

k-state's was $4.4 million

At KU, that kind of money would be inconsequential.

touche'. a little humor along the way is good. but i'm still waiting for k-man to tell us what ku's tier 3 revenue was for the period. i suppose i could go find it myself if he doesn't reply soon.

#2017777 - 06/06/17 11:21 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I reviewed it. Per the usual, you're talking out your ass about KU numbers when you just admitted you don't even know what our third tier numbers are.

I see no links and a purple [censored] complaining about how much money KU spends with no real purpose.

#2017778 - 06/06/17 11:21 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

likewise. but one could proposition in ku's case that's happening because ku is living off depreciation of it's football stadium. at some point that has to end or ku will be little more than the next uconn.
Riiiiiiiggghhhht

No, it's happening because at the end of the year KU athletics hasn't been and isn't operating in debt. Changes to athletic accounting has changed how KU's athletic related revenues and expenditures are now shown on official NCAA filings.

And KU has abut as much chance of becoming "the next Uconn" as ksu does in winning the national championship in basketball and football in the same year. i.e. 0%

But let's just for humor sake say KU was indeed headed that way, where the hell do you think that'd leave ksu? If that was the case then it meant the Big 12 fell apart and everyone had to find new homes. This means ksu would be lucky to be sharing a conference with Wichita St. which in turn means your athletic budget would adjust accordingly (about 60% lower than current). This also means you all would become the next Utah St. or New Mexico St. I guess that's your dream.

#2017779 - 06/06/17 11:29 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Riiiiiiiggghhhht

No, it's happening because at the end of the year KU athletics hasn't been and isn't operating in debt. Changes to athletic accounting has changed how KU's athletic related revenues and expenditures are now shown on official NCAA filings.

okay, ku's tier 3 number is $7.3 million v. state's 4.4, so the difference is 2.9, thus a far cry from triple.

and ku athletics is in debt - long term debt is $36 million according to its financials.

ku financials see page 3

maybe we should end the conversation here?

#2017780 - 06/06/17 11:36 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

You going to make a pie with all that cherry picking, Bob?

#2017781 - 06/06/17 11:41 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You going to make a pie with all that cherry picking, Bob?

cherry picking? i guess it is low hanging fruit. ha.

#2017782 - 06/06/17 11:44 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

it's rather rich that someone uses junior high level f'bombs and other slurs while suggesting the other party is full of hate and jealousy.
LOL Whose message board are we on? KU's last I checked.

Who just lashed out a rival schools stadium on their football message board for no apparent reason other than hatred of said University (KU)? Who constantly over years of obsessive behaviors on this same message board has shown time and time again just how petty and jealous they are of KU and Lawrence? Oh yeah, YOU have,

And oh my! The coarse language! You better plug your ears and cover your eyes so your delicate Victorian sensibilities aren't ruffled. Quite frankly your chickensh!t ways don't deserve any modicum of respectful discourse from me.

i never wrote ku spends $20 million more on media than k-state. i suspect that much of that expenditure is in burden/overhead costs in the athletics department.
That's what you seem to have been implying all along by claiming the discussion was about media rights revenues/expenditures and admonishing Dgless21 when he talked about the total athletic budget as well as harping on the nearly $20 million dollar difference in athletic revenues as some sort of media related expenditure by KU.

and ku does not make triple tier 3 revenue. k-state's was $4.4 million last year for radio and tv according to its audited financial statements. what was ku, i'm sure not $13 million.
According to Learfield Sports and state filings they paid ksu $3.4 million last year for your 3rd tier media rights, not $4.4 million. You're apparently adding other revenues to that total. KU made about $9.2 million last year from our 3rd tier media rights from IMG and Time Warner/ESPN. $9.2 is close enough to $10.2 for me to say almost triple and be accurate.

#2017783 - 06/06/17 11:47 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

As in you "cherry picked" a single statistic off of a 26 page document.

#2017784 - 06/06/17 11:47 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

k-man, using the same financial documents for both schools and defining tier 3 as radio and tv contracts, my numbers are accurate. that's what the financials say for both schools.

and calling memorial stadium one of the worst venues in p5 football is not a reach. i've read ku fans saying the same thing.

#2017785 - 06/06/17 11:50 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

As in you "cherry picked" a single statistic off of a 26 page document.

using your analogy, i've found that comparing apples to apples is generally a good thing in debate.

#2017786 - 06/06/17 11:56 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

You didn't compare anything. You posted a single statistic about KU's debt.

In my experience, you need two or more things to be able to compare them.

#2017787 - 06/06/17 12:00 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

i posted that statistic and source in response to kman writing this false statement.

"No, it's happening because at the end of the year KU athletics hasn't been and isn't operating in debt."

#2017788 - 06/06/17 12:08 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

okay, ku's tier 3 number is $7.3 million v. state's 4.4, so the difference is 2.9, thus a far cry from triple.
That doesn't include all tier 3 monies for KU and apparently includes an extra $1 million from someone other than Learfield Sports for ksu. Perhaps they paid for a one time $1 million expenditure of some kind for ksu?

and ku athletics is in debt - long term debt is $36 million according to its financials.

ku financials see page 3

OK, now you're going to conflate long term debt with yearly budget supposed debt or profit.

As we've exclusively been talking about YEARLY athletic budgets, here are the pertinent facts for you. KU's 2015-16 total expenses $93.65 million. KU's 2015-16 total revenues $95.15 million. Difference is a net gain of $1.5 million. That's not ending the year in a debt.

Yeah, maybe you should end the conversation here as you're getting very confused and constantly changing the subject.

Edited by Kman_blue (06/06/17 12:43 PM)

#2017789 - 06/06/17 12:15 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

and calling memorial stadium one of the worst venues in p5 football is not a reach. i've read ku fans saying the same thing.
Here's the point, bringing up your opinion of our stadium has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand and reveals your inner hatred. Also, you've got a long history of revealing statements on this board that also shows your inner hatred, envy, and sheer jealousy of KU and Lawrence as well as your chickensh!t backhanded modus operandi in regards to KU and Lawrence.. So, this statement doesn't stand in isolation, rather it reinforces conclusions drawn from years of your statements on this board.

#2017790 - 06/06/17 12:52 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
Wilt Chamberlain

Oh and since it's so fun to conflate crap all together, how about that ksu long term debt!

$90.4 million!!! Compared to your total revenues of only $77.9 million you guys look to be in serious financial trouble. Wonder how long until you all have to declare bankruptcy. frown

I guess KU's $36.1 million in long term debt compared to our much larger total revenues of $95.1 million looks a lot better financially.

What's going so wrong over there in manhattan to put you guys in the red so badly?!?!

See, conflating crap is fun!

#2017791 - 06/06/17 01:00 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

See, Kman gets it. That's a comparison.

You can't take down KU's 36M in long term debt and act like you won when you have more than double AND generate less revenue.

#2017793 - 06/06/17 01:05 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

i posted that statistic and source in response to kman writing this false statement.

"No, it's happening because at the end of the year KU athletics hasn't been and isn't operating in debt."

Yeah, you're confused. I can't speak for KMan, but I think he means that KU is not in the red by the end of the year.

Every athletic department will have some sort of long term debt.

#2017794 - 06/06/17 01:07 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Oh and since it's so fun to conflate crap all together, how about that ksu long term debt!

$90.4 million!!! Compared to your total revenues of only $77.9 million you guys look to be in serious financial trouble. Wonder how long until you all have to declare bankruptcy. frown

I guess KU's $36.1 million in long term debt compared to our much large total revenues of $95.1 million looks a lot better financially.

What's going so wrong over there in manhattan to put you guys in the red so badly?!?!

See, conflating crap is fun!

This conversation should now end. No need to expand further.

#2017795 - 06/06/17 01:08 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

That doesn't include all tier 3 monies for KU and apparently includes an extra $1 million from someone other than Learfield Sports for ksu. Perhaps they paid for a one time $1 million expenditure of some kind for ksu?

ku financials see page 3

OK, now you're going to conflate long term debt with yearly budget supposed debt or profit.

As we've exclusively been talking about YEARLY athletic budgets, here are the pertinent facts for you. KU's 2015-16 total expenses $93.65 million. KU's 2015-16 total revenues $95.15 million. Difference is a net gain of $1.5 million. That's not ending the year in a debt.

Yeah, maybe you should end the conversation here as you're getting very confused and constantly changing the subject.

good lord, kman, stop digging the hole deeper. if your above numbers are accurate, ku had a margin from annual operations of $1.5 million. this statement of financial operations (p&l) number is unrelated to the balance sheet debt unless it's applied to lower ku's $36 million debt by a like amount. since ku athletics is a non-profit entity, it's inappropriate to call the excess from operations a profit, but rather a surplus.

the generally accepted contributors to tier 3 revenue are radio and tv contracts beyond those held by the conference. one can broaden that for argument sake but it's not square with the commonly used definition.

#2017802 - 06/06/17 01:47 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

it's inappropriate to call the excess from operations a profit, but rather a surplus.
Hence my usage of the word supposed

the generally accepted contributors to tier 3 revenue are radio and tv contracts beyond those held by the conference. one can broaden that for argument sake but it's not square with the commonly used definition.
ksu's 3rd tier rights owner claims to have only paid $3.4 million for the time period in question, it's apparent there's another source for an extra $1 million in claimed revenue here.

So, tell us when is the financial hammer going to drop over there in pig farmer land?? Your long term debts are unsustainable! Maybe you all can call up that dude from ADM to bail you all out?

#2017812 - 06/06/17 03:13 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

it's inappropriate to call the excess from operations a profit, but rather a surplus.
Hence my usage of the word supposed

ksu's 3rd tier rights owner claims to have only paid $3.4 million for the time period in question, it's apparent there's another source for an extra $1 million in claimed revenue here.

So, tell us when is the financial hammer going to drop over there in pig farmer land?? Your long term debts are unsustainable! Maybe you all can call up that dude from ADM to bail you all out?

the other million would presumably be from kstatehd streaming video service. we've been over this before. btw, where's your link to this info?

k-state athletic's long term debt is held by bondholders, who evidently don't agree with your premise. the bonds are secured by pledges and ongoing operational revenue. both the basketball training facility and football training/office complex are paid-off through private donations, the primary ones coming from the the ice and vanier families.

just to further this point, k-state now has a top tier football training facility and stadium. the debt is $90 million left to payoff the stadium piece; actually, it's around $75 million because $16 of the $90 is a soon due note payable for the last (enclosure) phase.

anyway, what debt will ku take-on to fix memorial stadium? making that assumption, granted a huge one, is how one should do an analysis about which program is better off financially from a debt perspective.

#2017819 - 06/06/17 03:37 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Then I guess we will also go the private funding route. Problem solved...

#2017821 - 06/06/17 03:49 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: 58hawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

unless it's hard cash, ku will take on an enormous debt load for memorial stadium's renovation. that will be secured just as k-state has 'the bill.' likewise, i presume ku's existing $36 million load is secured with pledges and ongoing operational income. by the way, it's commonplace for pledges to run over a 10 year term or longer. i'm sure you knew that.

#2017822 - 06/06/17 03:56 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Somewhere along the way this truckstop-bred idiot got the idea that non-profits were supposed to generate profits.

Where does this profit go? I think it's time to start looking into the obvious misappropriation of tens of millions per year at K-State.

I'm not aware of any NCAA trophy for "Hoarding Cash for No Reason" and since they don't have any other NCAA trophies, I don't know what else could be the cause. I think these K-State idiots honestly think that having a surplus in their athletic budget is somehow something to brag about.

Meanwhile, no one else actually cares. Trophies matter.

#2017823 - 06/06/17 03:57 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

unless it's hard cash, ku will take on an enormous debt load for memorial stadium's renovation. that will be secured just as k-state has 'the bill.' likewise, i presume ku's existing $36 million load is secured with pledges and ongoing operational income. by the way, it's commonplace for pledges to run over a 10 year term or longer. i'm sure you knew that.

K-State wishes it had the stability and credit worthiness to take on $300 million in debt.

#2017824 - 06/06/17 04:00 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Somewhere along the way this truckstop-bred idiot got the idea that non-profits were supposed to generate profits.

Where does this profit go? I think it's time to start looking into the obvious misappropriation of tens of millions per year at K-State.

I'm not aware of any NCAA trophy for "Hoarding Cash for No Reason" and since they don't have any other NCAA trophies, I don't know what else could be the cause. I think these K-State idiots honestly think that having a surplus in their athletic budget is somehow something to brag about.

do you still have a 'feel the bern' sticker on your car?

#2017828 - 06/06/17 04:03 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

do you still have a 'feel the bern' sticker on your car?

Only rural idiots put stickers on their cars.

"LOOKIE HERE MR JOHN Q PUBLIC I DONE WENT TO COLLEGE AND I GOTS DA STICKERS TO PROVE IT!!*(!#* I NEED EVERYONE TO KNOW ABOUT MY TIME AT A SAFETY SCHOOL SO NO ONE THINKS I CANT READ GUD."

#2017829 - 06/06/17 04:11 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

"OUT HEER IN FARM LAND WE DONT HAVE MUCH WHAT THOSE COASTAL ELITES WOULD CALL 'SUCKSESS' BUT WE SURE DO KNOW HOW TO NOT SPEND MONEY! YEEE HAW!! HELL NO WE DONT MAKE MONEY BUT WE SURE DONT SPEND IT!! THAT MAKES US SMARTER THAN THOSE SNOBS WITH THEIR FANCY CARS AND BIG BANK ACCOUNTS AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF I HAVE TO PRETEND THROUGH FAUX-MACHISMO THAT I DONT ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT EVEN THOUGH IM DEAD INSIDE AND AM COMPENSATING FOR A WASTED EXISTENCE"

#2017830 - 06/06/17 04:22 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

so, you don't have a sticker, i saw lots in lawrence, but you do like bern.
probably didn't have time to vote though, right?

btw, you did a fine job hijacking the thread, which is probably appreciated by the earlier ku contributors.

#2017838 - 06/06/17 06:11 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

so, you don't have a sticker, i saw lots in lawrence, but you do like bern.
probably didn't have time to vote though, right?

btw, you did a fine job hijacking the thread, which is probably appreciated by the earlier ku contributors.

"EMAW EMAW EMAW LOOK AT ME UNABLE TO PARSE SIMPLE LOGIC BUT I SURE CAN MAKE FARM NOISES EMAW"

#2017954 - 06/09/17 09:36 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Depends on how we do it. It'll probably be a mixture. Personally, I don't believe the old gal needs a dramatic $400 million tear down and redo in 2 years. More likely a 10 period of gradual tear downs, upgrades and improvements. Kinda like what's been done to AFH over the last 30 years. And, to be truthful, Memorial today is in better shape than AFH was in 1988 when the roof leaked and the electrical system threatened to cut out in the middle of games. Review KU's rebuilding of Memorial Drive/Jayhawk Blvd over the last 4 years. No debt. Just steady, confident improvements. Plus some private enterprise on the side like Here Kansas. There is a reason that project was rammed down Lawrence's throat by the University.

#2017971 - 06/10/17 11:20 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

don't believe memorial can be a piecemeal project, jb.

#2017972 - 06/10/17 12:22 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Much like many things you post, your beliefs are worthless.

#2017973 - 06/10/17 12:46 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
Something needs to be done to the north bowl to make the seating more intimate. And I hate field turf.

#2017975 - 06/10/17 04:26 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Told you afore, catsrule, KU doesn't operate like other Big12 institutions. For that matter, it's not like most P5 conference institutions. The closest to KU might be Indiana but even that's a stretch. KU plays football to beat Missoura and maintain the MBB program. This doesn't mean KU can't play good football. It occasionally plays very good football. But winning isn't the end-all-be-all. Other priorities dominate the situation. He!!, close the south bowl, ruin one graduation ceremony, threaten the Relays or stick some name in front of Kansas Memorial Stadium and the deal is off.

In 1984 when Monte Johnson took over, AFH was a true chithole. The roof leaked. The announcer reminded folks what to do if the electricity cut out during a game. The plumbing was 45 years old. KAI offices crowded the concourses. Over the next 30 years, donors here and there have built the finest athletic facility in the country step by step. It started w/ Anschutz Sports Pavillion and has ended w/ the basketball rules building. Expect the same sort of thing around Memorial Stadium. It'd be well under way starting in 2007 w/ the Anderson facility had we made some better choices. But that's another story. Expect the improvements to begin again after our little 10 year interregnum.

#2017990 - 06/11/17 09:15 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

ha, catsrule, we do go back awhile, jb. the youngsters here must wonder.

just think of all that's passed since that moniker? terrible terry and ronaldo prince. can't remember for sure but both schools have been #1 in country, right? well, i know state has. then there's two bill snyder runs. buddha's orange bowl. and his most famous media moment ever, 'you know what this is about, don't ya!'

what fun and memories come from college football. hoops just sucks donkey balls by comparison.

#2018004 - 06/11/17 01:41 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: John_Brown
KU doesn't operate like other Big12 institutions. For that matter, it's not like most P5 conference institutions. The closest to KU might be Indiana but even that's a stretch. KU plays football to beat Missoura and maintain the MBB program. This doesn't mean KU can't play good football. It occasionally plays very good football. But winning isn't the end-all-be-all. Other priorities dominate the situation. He!!, close the south bowl, ruin one graduation ceremony, threaten the Relays or stick some name in front of Kansas Memorial Stadium and the deal is off.

That certainly is more or less how KU ran football from around the early 1950's through to about 7 to 10 years ago IMHO. But something began to change during the last Mangino years and especially during the Orange Bowl year. It changed even more when the slavers fled back to the south and we no longer play them anymore. It changed some more when Rock Chalk Park was opened and the KU relays moved out there from the stadium. The stadium now is more central to KU football, as odd as that may sound, than it ever has been. Commencement and walking down the hill through the Campanile is still very important, but concerns about that aren't as important as they once were with how things have changed over the past 7 to 10 years. i.e. improving the football program to at least being better than average (compared to other P-5 schools) is now of higher priority than it ever has been since perhaps 1950 or so. That also means the stadium renovation is of higher priority now.

From what I've heard and been told, the stadium renovation will happen in at least 3 major phases and they won't be little patchwork phases either, but substantial renovations to different parts of the stadium. The stadium will more or less look brand new when it's all said and done. Have heard various figures thrown around too. Anywhere from $300 million to $500 million for all 3 phases. We'll see what makes it to the official announcement later this year.

#2018145 - 06/16/17 04:25 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

That certainly is more or less how KU ran football from around the early 1950's through to about 7 to 10 years ago IMHO. But something began to change during the last Mangino years and especially during the Orange Bowl year. It changed even more when the slavers fled back to the south and we no longer play them anymore. It changed some more when Rock Chalk Park was opened and the KU relays moved out there from the stadium. The stadium now is more central to KU football, as odd as that may sound, than it ever has been. Commencement and walking down the hill through the Campanile is still very important, but concerns about that aren't as important as they once were with how things have changed over the past 7 to 10 years. i.e. improving the football program to at least being better than average (compared to other P-5 schools) is now of higher priority than it ever has been since perhaps 1950 or so. That also means the stadium renovation is of higher priority now.

From what I've heard and been told, the stadium renovation will happen in at least 3 major phases and they won't be little patchwork phases either, but substantial renovations to different parts of the stadium. The stadium will more or less look brand new when it's all said and done. Have heard various figures thrown around too. Anywhere from $300 million to $500 million for all 3 phases. We'll see what makes it to the official announcement later this year.

Well, you may be right. I have no insight into any of these plans. However, this great football reset over the last 10 years or so has worked about as well as the great football reset that began in the late 70s rehire of CoachFam and CoachHadl. The stadium received a veneer of an upgrade, Anschutz/Schaffer-Holland strength center were built. DOCTOR Tom actually toured em in 1983 and went back up to Lincoln and demanded his own version. Recruiting accusations began flying around and we ended up w/ the Gottfried/Val eras.

KU Football operates better on its own schedule and its own beat. Mason/Mangino pulled the boat straight into the current and labored directly upriver playing the underdog card at every opportunity. The Missoura game is an opportunity not a challenge. We need to get back to playing our game.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

#2018146 - 06/16/17 05:50 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: John_Brown
Well, you may be right. I have no insight into any of these plans. However, this great football reset over the last 10 years or so has worked about as well as the great football reset that began in the late 70s rehire of CoachFam and CoachHadl. The stadium received a veneer of an upgrade, Anschutz/Schaffer-Holland strength center were built. DOCTOR Tom actually toured em in 1983 and went back up to Lincoln and demanded his own version. Recruiting accusations began flying around and we ended up w/ the Gottfried/Val eras.

KU Football operates better on its own schedule and its own beat. Mason/Mangino pulled the boat straight into the current and labored directly upriver playing the underdog card at every opportunity. The Missoura game is an opportunity not a challenge. We need to get back to playing our game.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
I didn't say the change went well! :LOL

Despite the major missteps in the coaching department, I do see a lot more support from the AD and even from the Chancellor's office over the past 7 to 10 years than I have in my lifetime. From everyone I have talked to who's been around longer than me I get mostly a similar sentiment. The lone period I hear came close in that time frame (1950-now) period during Jack Mitchell's reign and coach Fam 1.0, but the support came in spurts and would as quickly completely reverse and then some in between those spurts of full support. 1 person also was of the opinion that JV Sikes had good support for most of his career at KU, but it still wasn't to the level that the KU higher ups seem to be giving KU football lately.

As far as KU operating better on its own schedule, I think that's probably right. It looks to me that coach Beaty is doing a lot of the same things Mangino did with some notable exceptions. He doesn't seem to be trying to copy any other program's format, but rather making his own based in part on a frame of core principles Mangino had in addition to a more aggressive recruiting strategy which looks to be paying off big time right now. We'll find out if he can translate that to more success on the field here in the next couple of seasons. I'm optimistic that he can and feel more strongly about it than I have since Mangino or Mase.

#2018152 - 06/16/17 07:55 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
We will see if he can win...main point ☝️

After all, he is in his third year. Should be farther along. Why isn't he? My take is he is a nice guy. Bud Moore was nice too...

#2018273 - 06/21/17 04:08 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
We will see if he can win...main point ☝️

After all, he is in his third year. Should be farther along. Why isn't he? My take is he is a nice guy. Bud Moore was nice too...
So was Coach Fam.

#2018286 - 06/21/17 04:50 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Fam was smart and a hard worker

#2018292 - 06/21/17 06:36 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

But a nice guy like Beaty.

#2018417 - 06/24/17 12:22 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

But a nice guy like Beaty.
Nope

#2018425 - 06/24/17 04:01 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Fam was popular because he was nice. He was also a hard worker like Beaty.

#2018439 - 06/24/17 08:56 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Fam was a loser.

#2018455 - 06/25/17 05:23 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Fam was a loser.
Compared to....?

#2018462 - 06/25/17 08:41 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Fam was a loser.
Compared to....?

Loser is not a relative term. Stay in school.

37-48-5 = loser

#2018464 - 06/25/17 10:08 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Fam was a loser.
Compared to....?

37-48-5 = loser
Its relevant if you are comparing him to other KU coaches which you didn't specify.

#2018469 - 06/26/17 12:44 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Fam was a loser.
Compared to....?

37-48-5 = loser
Its relevant if you are comparing him to other KU coaches which you didn't specify.

lolwat

Learn to read.

#2018489 - 06/26/17 09:44 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Fam was a loser.
Who are you? Ricky Bobby or something?

Coach Fam may have had an overall losing record, but coach Fam was anything but a loser!

#2018490 - 06/26/17 10:27 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

37-48-5 = loser[/quote] Its relevant if you are comparing him to other KU coaches which you didn't specify. [/quote]

lolwat

Learn to read.[/quote] Learn to have some civility.

#2018494 - 06/27/17 12:54 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Fam was a loser.
Who are you? Ricky Bobby or something?

Coach Fam may have had an overall losing record, but coach Fam was anything but a loser!

So losing is winning now? lol?

#2018496 - 06/27/17 09:19 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

No, but calling someone a loser in modern American English denotes something about their character and not strictly if they had a winning or losing record.

Coach Fam was not and is not a loser!

#2018498 - 06/27/17 09:59 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Fam lead us to two bowl games and continuous wins over rivals K-State and Missouri. Unfortunately like most football coaches in KU history he was not given the administrative support he needed. He should have been given more time.

#2018501 - 06/27/17 10:56 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

No, but calling someone a loser in modern American English denotes something about their character and not strictly if they had a winning or losing record.

So a factual term can't be used because it has a negative connotation? Do you need a safe space with puppies to give you emotional support?

Fam was a loser. Period. Facts are facts.

#2018502 - 06/27/17 11:11 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

So a factual term can't be used because it has a negative connotation? Do you need a safe space with puppies to give you emotional support?

it's good to see you're don't limit your perturbation to purple.

#2018503 - 06/27/17 11:27 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

it's good to see you're don't limit your perturbation to purple.

No one understands anything you write. Learn English.

#2018525 - 06/27/17 04:52 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Non one likes you. Please leave.

#2018528 - 06/27/17 05:18 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Non one likes you. Please leave.

*triggered*

#2018534 - 06/27/17 07:24 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Do you seriously have Asperger or something? You seem to take things in a very dry literal sense. "loser" is not a factual term when you're talking about someone, even a coach. It's a pejorative.

It's also hilarious that you think I need or want any kind of "safe space" or anything of that kind of thing. Those are for losers.

#2018535 - 06/27/17 07:25 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Do you seriously have Asperger or something? You seem to take things in a very dry literal sense. "loser" is not a factual term when you're talking about someone, even a coach. It's a pejorative.

It's also hilarious that you think I need or want any kind of "safe space" or anything of that kind of thing. Those are for losers.

No, those are for overly sensitive people. Overly sensitive people could be tremendous winners.

#2018536 - 06/27/17 07:26 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Don't feed the troll Kman. This is what he wants.

#2018540 - 06/27/17 07:32 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

"Loser" is indeed a factual term:

Hillary Clinton - Loser
Stan Wawrinka - Loser
Dan Quinn - Loser
LeBron James - Loser
Barry Sanders - Loser
James Naismith - Loser

Of course, each are losers in their own way. But, you get the pont.

#2018542 - 06/27/17 07:36 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Hillary Clinton - Loser
Stan Wawrinka - Loser
Dan Quinn - Loser
LeBron James - Loser
Barry Sanders - Loser
James Naismith - Loser

I crapped on the carpet today. Does that make me a loser for life? How can Lebron be a loser when he has won NBA titles?

#2018545 - 06/27/17 07:39 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Hillary Clinton - Loser
Stan Wawrinka - Loser
Dan Quinn - Loser
LeBron James - Loser
Barry Sanders - Loser
James Naismith - Loser

I crapped on the carpet today. Does that make me a loser for life? How can Lebron be a loser when he has won NBA titles?

For a split second there, your mind expanded and you were able to see a bigger picture. I'm sure you've lost it now though.

#2018549 - 06/27/17 07:42 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Hillary Clinton - Loser
Stan Wawrinka - Loser
Dan Quinn - Loser
LeBron James - Loser
Barry Sanders - Loser
James Naismith - Loser

For a split second there, your mind expanded and you were able to see a bigger picture. I'm sure you've lost it now though.
I suppose you consider yourself to be a "winner".

#2018551 - 06/27/17 07:46 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Hillary Clinton - Loser
Stan Wawrinka - Loser
Dan Quinn - Loser
LeBron James - Loser
Barry Sanders - Loser
James Naismith - Loser

I suppose you consider yourself to be a "winner".

One's opinion of themselves is irrelevant. It is you who labels me a "winner."

#2018552 - 06/27/17 07:46 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Hillary Clinton - Loser
Stan Wawrinka - Loser
Dan Quinn - Loser
LeBron James - Loser
Barry Sanders - Loser
James Naismith - Loser

Only in the most dry literal sense, not in the everyday usage of the English language.

Your usage is akin to saying Saban is a loser at Alabama because he's lost games as their HC.

Again, who are you? Ricky Bobby?

#2018553 - 06/27/17 07:51 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Your usage is akin to saying Saban is a loser at Alabama because he's lost games as their HC.

No, not at all. You are adding the qualifier "at Alabama," which indicates that his entire record at Alabama is what you are describing. He is a winner at Alabama. He is a loser in the College Football Playoffs.

One can be both a loser and a winner.

Fam is a loser when it comes to football. He may be a winner by some other measure that no one cares about, but as a football coach, he is a loser.

#2018555 - 06/27/17 08:21 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

No, not at all. You are adding the qualifier "at Alabama," which indicates that his entire record at Alabama is what you are describing. He is a winner at Alabama. He is a loser in the College Football Playoffs.

Fam is a loser when it comes to football. He may be a winner by some other measure that no one cares about, but as a football coach, he is a loser.
LOL

That has to be one of the most inane parsed postings I've ever read.

OK, take out Alabama from my post and simply say Saban is a loser because he's lost games as a HC. That's more or less how you're using the word. I mean, who won the Alabama-Clemson game? It wasn't Saban and Alabama, hence he's a loser by your definition. Check out his NFL record, 15-17...loser!

#2018558 - 06/27/17 08:40 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

LOL

That has to be one of the most inane parsed postings I've ever read.

OK, take out Alabama from my post and simply say Saban is a loser because he's lost games as a HC. That's more or less how you're using the word. I mean, who won the Alabama-Clemson game? It wasn't Saban and Alabama, hence he's a loser by your definition. Check out his NFL record, 15-17...loser!

You are learning. Don't worry, I'm here to undo all the damage the failed KU academic system has done to all of you. It will take time, but we'll get there.

#2018562 - 06/27/17 09:58 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

LOL!

#2018564 - 06/27/17 10:54 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You are arguing with a guy who thinks Self is a loser and MM is a winner. Why try?

#2018565 - 06/27/17 11:07 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: vmlb]
Wilt Chamberlain

Haha. Oh well.

Can't wait for fall practices to begin in August for real football discussions!

#2018567 - 06/28/17 01:49 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: vmlb]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: vmlb
You are arguing with a guy who thinks Self is a loser and MM is a winner. Why try?

0-0 is a winning record?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview