Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017790 - 06/06/17 12:52 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Oh and since it's so fun to conflate crap all together, how about that ksu long term debt!

$90.4 million!!! Compared to your total revenues of only $77.9 million you guys look to be in serious financial trouble. Wonder how long until you all have to declare bankruptcy. frown

I guess KU's $36.1 million in long term debt compared to our much larger total revenues of $95.1 million looks a lot better financially.

What's going so wrong over there in manhattan to put you guys in the red so badly?!?!

See, conflating crap is fun!

#2017791 - 06/06/17 01:00 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
See, Kman gets it. That's a comparison.

You can't take down KU's 36M in long term debt and act like you won when you have more than double AND generate less revenue.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2017793 - 06/06/17 01:05 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: dgless21
You didn't compare anything. You posted a single statistic about KU's debt.

In my experience, you need two or more things to be able to compare them.

i posted that statistic and source in response to kman writing this false statement.

"No, it's happening because at the end of the year KU athletics hasn't been and isn't operating in debt."

Yeah, you're confused. I can't speak for KMan, but I think he means that KU is not in the red by the end of the year.

Every athletic department will have some sort of long term debt.

#2017794 - 06/06/17 01:07 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Oh and since it's so fun to conflate crap all together, how about that ksu long term debt!

$90.4 million!!! Compared to your total revenues of only $77.9 million you guys look to be in serious financial trouble. Wonder how long until you all have to declare bankruptcy. frown

I guess KU's $36.1 million in long term debt compared to our much large total revenues of $95.1 million looks a lot better financially.

What's going so wrong over there in manhattan to put you guys in the red so badly?!?!

See, conflating crap is fun!

This conversation should now end. No need to expand further.

#2017795 - 06/06/17 01:08 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
okay, ku's tier 3 number is $7.3 million v. state's 4.4, so the difference is 2.9, thus a far cry from triple.
That doesn't include all tier 3 monies for KU and apparently includes an extra $1 million from someone other than Learfield Sports for ksu. Perhaps they paid for a one time $1 million expenditure of some kind for ksu?

and ku athletics is in debt - long term debt is $36 million according to its financials.

ku financials see page 3

maybe we should end the conversation here?

OK, now you're going to conflate long term debt with yearly budget supposed debt or profit.

As we've exclusively been talking about YEARLY athletic budgets, here are the pertinent facts for you. KU's 2015-16 total expenses $93.65 million. KU's 2015-16 total revenues $95.15 million. Difference is a net gain of $1.5 million. That's not ending the year in a debt.

Yeah, maybe you should end the conversation here as you're getting very confused and constantly changing the subject.

good lord, kman, stop digging the hole deeper. if your above numbers are accurate, ku had a margin from annual operations of $1.5 million. this statement of financial operations (p&l) number is unrelated to the balance sheet debt unless it's applied to lower ku's $36 million debt by a like amount. since ku athletics is a non-profit entity, it's inappropriate to call the excess from operations a profit, but rather a surplus.

the generally accepted contributors to tier 3 revenue are radio and tv contracts beyond those held by the conference. one can broaden that for argument sake but it's not square with the commonly used definition.

#2017802 - 06/06/17 01:47 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

it's inappropriate to call the excess from operations a profit, but rather a surplus.
Hence my usage of the word supposed

the generally accepted contributors to tier 3 revenue are radio and tv contracts beyond those held by the conference. one can broaden that for argument sake but it's not square with the commonly used definition.
ksu's 3rd tier rights owner claims to have only paid $3.4 million for the time period in question, it's apparent there's another source for an extra $1 million in claimed revenue here.

So, tell us when is the financial hammer going to drop over there in pig farmer land?? Your long term debts are unsustainable! Maybe you all can call up that dude from ADM to bail you all out?

#2017812 - 06/06/17 03:13 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

it's inappropriate to call the excess from operations a profit, but rather a surplus.
Hence my usage of the word supposed

ksu's 3rd tier rights owner claims to have only paid $3.4 million for the time period in question, it's apparent there's another source for an extra $1 million in claimed revenue here.

So, tell us when is the financial hammer going to drop over there in pig farmer land?? Your long term debts are unsustainable! Maybe you all can call up that dude from ADM to bail you all out?

the other million would presumably be from kstatehd streaming video service. we've been over this before. btw, where's your link to this info?

k-state athletic's long term debt is held by bondholders, who evidently don't agree with your premise. the bonds are secured by pledges and ongoing operational revenue. both the basketball training facility and football training/office complex are paid-off through private donations, the primary ones coming from the the ice and vanier families.

just to further this point, k-state now has a top tier football training facility and stadium. the debt is $90 million left to payoff the stadium piece; actually, it's around $75 million because $16 of the $90 is a soon due note payable for the last (enclosure) phase.

anyway, what debt will ku take-on to fix memorial stadium? making that assumption, granted a huge one, is how one should do an analysis about which program is better off financially from a debt perspective.

#2017819 - 06/06/17 03:37 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Then I guess we will also go the private funding route. Problem solved...

#2017821 - 06/06/17 03:49 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: 58hawk]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

unless it's hard cash, ku will take on an enormous debt load for memorial stadium's renovation. that will be secured just as k-state has 'the bill.' likewise, i presume ku's existing $36 million load is secured with pledges and ongoing operational income. by the way, it's commonplace for pledges to run over a 10 year term or longer. i'm sure you knew that.

#2017822 - 06/06/17 03:56 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Somewhere along the way this truckstop-bred idiot got the idea that non-profits were supposed to generate profits.

Where does this profit go? I think it's time to start looking into the obvious misappropriation of tens of millions per year at K-State.

I'm not aware of any NCAA trophy for "Hoarding Cash for No Reason" and since they don't have any other NCAA trophies, I don't know what else could be the cause. I think these K-State idiots honestly think that having a surplus in their athletic budget is somehow something to brag about.

Meanwhile, no one else actually cares. Trophies matter.

#2017823 - 06/06/17 03:57 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

unless it's hard cash, ku will take on an enormous debt load for memorial stadium's renovation. that will be secured just as k-state has 'the bill.' likewise, i presume ku's existing $36 million load is secured with pledges and ongoing operational income. by the way, it's commonplace for pledges to run over a 10 year term or longer. i'm sure you knew that.

K-State wishes it had the stability and credit worthiness to take on $300 million in debt.

#2017824 - 06/06/17 04:00 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: JimWest
Somewhere along the way this truckstop-bred idiot got the idea that non-profits were supposed to generate profits.

Where does this profit go? I think it's time to start looking into the obvious misappropriation of tens of millions per year at K-State.

I'm not aware of any NCAA trophy for "Hoarding Cash for No Reason" and since they don't have any other NCAA trophies, I don't know what else could be the cause. I think these K-State idiots honestly think that having a surplus in their athletic budget is somehow something to brag about.

do you still have a 'feel the bern' sticker on your car?

#2017828 - 06/06/17 04:03 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: JimWest

do you still have a 'feel the bern' sticker on your car?

Only rural idiots put stickers on their cars.

"LOOKIE HERE MR JOHN Q PUBLIC I DONE WENT TO COLLEGE AND I GOTS DA STICKERS TO PROVE IT!!*(!#* I NEED EVERYONE TO KNOW ABOUT MY TIME AT A SAFETY SCHOOL SO NO ONE THINKS I CANT READ GUD."

#2017829 - 06/06/17 04:11 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

"OUT HEER IN FARM LAND WE DONT HAVE MUCH WHAT THOSE COASTAL ELITES WOULD CALL 'SUCKSESS' BUT WE SURE DO KNOW HOW TO NOT SPEND MONEY! YEEE HAW!! HELL NO WE DONT MAKE MONEY BUT WE SURE DONT SPEND IT!! THAT MAKES US SMARTER THAN THOSE SNOBS WITH THEIR FANCY CARS AND BIG BANK ACCOUNTS AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF I HAVE TO PRETEND THROUGH FAUX-MACHISMO THAT I DONT ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT EVEN THOUGH IM DEAD INSIDE AND AM COMPENSATING FOR A WASTED EXISTENCE"

#2017830 - 06/06/17 04:22 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

so, you don't have a sticker, i saw lots in lawrence, but you do like bern.
probably didn't have time to vote though, right?

btw, you did a fine job hijacking the thread, which is probably appreciated by the earlier ku contributors.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview