Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017774 - 06/06/17 11:12 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: tmcats
media is part of ku's ~$100 million athletics budget, pal.

Considering you just posted earlier that "the subject here was revenue from media," I guess I am confused.

Which do you want to discuss? The overall athletics budget or revenue from media?

the discussion was about media revenue and by extension consequences on the overall budget. you might want to review the thread to see how this got beyond simply discussing the media piece.

#2017776 - 06/06/17 11:18 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

k-state's was $4.4 million

At KU, that kind of money would be inconsequential.

touche'. a little humor along the way is good. but i'm still waiting for k-man to tell us what ku's tier 3 revenue was for the period. i suppose i could go find it myself if he doesn't reply soon.

#2017777 - 06/06/17 11:21 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I reviewed it. Per the usual, you're talking out your ass about KU numbers when you just admitted you don't even know what our third tier numbers are.

I see no links and a purple [censored] complaining about how much money KU spends with no real purpose.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2017778 - 06/06/17 11:21 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
According to the latest data, KU also "operated in the black".

likewise. but one could proposition in ku's case that's happening because ku is living off depreciation of it's football stadium. at some point that has to end or ku will be little more than the next uconn.
Riiiiiiiggghhhht

No, it's happening because at the end of the year KU athletics hasn't been and isn't operating in debt. Changes to athletic accounting has changed how KU's athletic related revenues and expenditures are now shown on official NCAA filings.

And KU has abut as much chance of becoming "the next Uconn" as ksu does in winning the national championship in basketball and football in the same year. i.e. 0%

But let's just for humor sake say KU was indeed headed that way, where the hell do you think that'd leave ksu? If that was the case then it meant the Big 12 fell apart and everyone had to find new homes. This means ksu would be lucky to be sharing a conference with Wichita St. which in turn means your athletic budget would adjust accordingly (about 60% lower than current). This also means you all would become the next Utah St. or New Mexico St. I guess that's your dream.

#2017779 - 06/06/17 11:29 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

According to the latest data, KU also "operated in the black".

likewise. but one could proposition in ku's case that's happening because ku is living off depreciation of it's football stadium. at some point that has to end or ku will be little more than the next uconn.
Riiiiiiiggghhhht

No, it's happening because at the end of the year KU athletics hasn't been and isn't operating in debt. Changes to athletic accounting has changed how KU's athletic related revenues and expenditures are now shown on official NCAA filings.

okay, ku's tier 3 number is $7.3 million v. state's 4.4, so the difference is 2.9, thus a far cry from triple.

and ku athletics is in debt - long term debt is $36 million according to its financials.

ku financials see page 3

maybe we should end the conversation here?

#2017780 - 06/06/17 11:36 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

You going to make a pie with all that cherry picking, Bob?

#2017781 - 06/06/17 11:41 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

You going to make a pie with all that cherry picking, Bob?

cherry picking? i guess it is low hanging fruit. ha.

#2017782 - 06/06/17 11:44 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

it's rather rich that someone uses junior high level f'bombs and other slurs while suggesting the other party is full of hate and jealousy.
LOL Whose message board are we on? KU's last I checked.

Who just lashed out a rival schools stadium on their football message board for no apparent reason other than hatred of said University (KU)? Who constantly over years of obsessive behaviors on this same message board has shown time and time again just how petty and jealous they are of KU and Lawrence? Oh yeah, YOU have,

And oh my! The coarse language! You better plug your ears and cover your eyes so your delicate Victorian sensibilities aren't ruffled. Quite frankly your chickensh!t ways don't deserve any modicum of respectful discourse from me.

i never wrote ku spends $20 million more on media than k-state. i suspect that much of that expenditure is in burden/overhead costs in the athletics department.
That's what you seem to have been implying all along by claiming the discussion was about media rights revenues/expenditures and admonishing Dgless21 when he talked about the total athletic budget as well as harping on the nearly $20 million dollar difference in athletic revenues as some sort of media related expenditure by KU.

and ku does not make triple tier 3 revenue. k-state's was $4.4 million last year for radio and tv according to its audited financial statements. what was ku, i'm sure not $13 million.
According to Learfield Sports and state filings they paid ksu $3.4 million last year for your 3rd tier media rights, not $4.4 million. You're apparently adding other revenues to that total. KU made about $9.2 million last year from our 3rd tier media rights from IMG and Time Warner/ESPN. $9.2 is close enough to $10.2 for me to say almost triple and be accurate.

#2017783 - 06/06/17 11:47 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

As in you "cherry picked" a single statistic off of a 26 page document.

#2017784 - 06/06/17 11:47 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

k-man, using the same financial documents for both schools and defining tier 3 as radio and tv contracts, my numbers are accurate. that's what the financials say for both schools.

and calling memorial stadium one of the worst venues in p5 football is not a reach. i've read ku fans saying the same thing.

#2017785 - 06/06/17 11:50 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

As in you "cherry picked" a single statistic off of a 26 page document.

using your analogy, i've found that comparing apples to apples is generally a good thing in debate.

#2017786 - 06/06/17 11:56 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

You didn't compare anything. You posted a single statistic about KU's debt.

In my experience, you need two or more things to be able to compare them.

#2017787 - 06/06/17 12:00 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

You didn't compare anything. You posted a single statistic about KU's debt.

In my experience, you need two or more things to be able to compare them.

i posted that statistic and source in response to kman writing this false statement.

"No, it's happening because at the end of the year KU athletics hasn't been and isn't operating in debt."

#2017788 - 06/06/17 12:08 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

okay, ku's tier 3 number is $7.3 million v. state's 4.4, so the difference is 2.9, thus a far cry from triple.
That doesn't include all tier 3 monies for KU and apparently includes an extra $1 million from someone other than Learfield Sports for ksu. Perhaps they paid for a one time $1 million expenditure of some kind for ksu?

and ku athletics is in debt - long term debt is $36 million according to its financials.

ku financials see page 3

maybe we should end the conversation here?

OK, now you're going to conflate long term debt with yearly budget supposed debt or profit.

As we've exclusively been talking about YEARLY athletic budgets, here are the pertinent facts for you. KU's 2015-16 total expenses $93.65 million. KU's 2015-16 total revenues $95.15 million. Difference is a net gain of $1.5 million. That's not ending the year in a debt.

Yeah, maybe you should end the conversation here as you're getting very confused and constantly changing the subject.

Edited by Kman_blue (06/06/17 12:43 PM)

#2017789 - 06/06/17 12:15 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

and calling memorial stadium one of the worst venues in p5 football is not a reach. i've read ku fans saying the same thing.
Here's the point, bringing up your opinion of our stadium has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand and reveals your inner hatred. Also, you've got a long history of revealing statements on this board that also shows your inner hatred, envy, and sheer jealousy of KU and Lawrence as well as your chickensh!t backhanded modus operandi in regards to KU and Lawrence.. So, this statement doesn't stand in isolation, rather it reinforces conclusions drawn from years of your statements on this board.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview