Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017745 - 06/05/17 10:00 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
KU also gave out ~40 more athletic scholarships than KSU in FY16.

They spent $3M more on student aid and $5M more in support staff and administrative staff. Haven't looked too in depth, but I could see that possibly including the 2.75M for Weis.

From the numbers reported to the NCAA for FY16, KU only had $15M more in operating expenses.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2017746 - 06/05/17 10:11 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: tmcats
i know this doesn't fit your narrative, but here it is anyway, k-state's reported radio and tv contracted revenue was $4.4 million. thus, ku spent a reported $20 million + more to make an additional $3.8 million in revenue?

What kind of retarded question is this? You honestly think that revenue is a result of expenditures?

I mean, I can't even comprehend this level of stupid. KU spends more to build higher quality programs. How many national championships does K-State have? Zero. How often is K-State even in contention for a national championship? Never.

KU isn't great in this regard by any stretch, but at least they have some success to show. Men's Basketball and Women's Outdoor track. Plus 11 more in the pre-Big 12 era.

Yeah, K-State operates in the black but when have you ever seen a fan say "Yeah, your national titles are great, but our program is more profitable!" Where do you buy those t-shirts?

#2017747 - 06/05/17 10:22 PM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: John_Brown]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Do Manhattanites flood the streets when the annual revenue numbers come out? I mean, if money is more important than winning, it stands to reason that K-State fans would go nuts celebrating the balance sheet.

Of course, this isn't reality and this whole truckstop logic tangent is nonsense.

#2017751 - 06/06/17 01:11 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
I don't have a narrative.

The facts are KU makes more athletic $$ per year than ksuck does every single year there's data for and it's usually a lot more $$. KU's athletic revenues, including 3rd tier rights, are and have always been superior to you purple pig farmers. To the tune of KU's athletic revenues being $95 million for 2015-16 and ksu's being $78 million.

Those are FACTS, not opinion nor narrative.

beyond your childish junior high slurs, you make the point very well. k-state media revenues are just a few million short of ku's, even though ku spends almost $20 million more generating those same media dollars. obviously, ole lew put a mbb ticket scheme together that enhances revenue. but it's somehow spent for what is not at all clear, certainly not the football stadium, which stands there as one of the worst venues if not the single worst in p5 football.
LOL

Calls me out for what he calls "childish slurs" and then goes on a childish tantrum attacking our stadium for no apparent reason.

Let me spell it out for you since you seem to have such a problem grasping what revenues are. That's the money coming in, not the money going out. They aren't directly generated by expenditures either, so your theory of KU spending $20 million more to make another $3.8 million isn't just utter nonsense but it's insanely stupid too.

Here are the facts of the matter. KU pulls in about $20 million more in revenues than ksu so KU has the ability to spend $20 million more than ksu does. That's also why KU has 2 more varsity teams and 40 more varsity athletes than ksu does, because we can afford it, while ksu can't. How does KU pull in almost $20 million more than ksu? It's because KU has more value and hence companies and people are willing to pay more for KU's 3rd tier rights, tickets, advertising space, apparel deals, etc. That's why KU's 3rd tier rights deal is nearly triple that of ksu's. That's also why KU makes more from virtually every source of revenue than you purple pig farmers do.

#2017761 - 06/06/17 09:57 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
you're trying to be funny or something, kman. ku spends most everything they monetize. the fact ku offers more sports is a legit reason to spend $20 million more than k-state. perhaps that's the answer, but i seriously doubt it; more likely in the $3-4 million range for those few sports.

the subject here was revenue from media. and the fact remains, there's little difference between the schools. conference distributions are the same. ku makes a few million more on tier 3 rights, presumably most all that comes from it's basketball tv contract, since unlike football, many games are not picked up on the conference contract.

ku spends almost $20 million more than k-state. from a media perspective, that generates little incremental revenue, which means it's coming from fans not media.

#2017762 - 06/06/17 10:12 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Nothing one percent about saying a few million in revenue is a "little difference."

Generally speaking, a few million is substantial. It seems like you're saying an uncited $20M difference is otherworldly, but you're suggesting a few million is essentially inconsequential.

#2017763 - 06/06/17 10:23 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Nothing one percent about saying a few million in revenue is a "little difference."

Generally speaking, a few million is substantial. It seems like you're saying an uncited $20M difference is otherworldly, but you're suggesting a few million is essentially inconsequential.

in commerce for budgeting purposes, anything less than 5% is often considered inconsequential, yes.

#2017764 - 06/06/17 10:40 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: JimWest]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

According to the latest data, KU also "operated in the black".

#2017765 - 06/06/17 10:54 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

According to the latest data, KU also "operated in the black".

likewise. but one could proposition in ku's case that's happening because ku is living off depreciation of it's football stadium. at some point that has to end or ku will be little more than the next uconn.

#2017766 - 06/06/17 10:55 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

in commerce for budgeting purposes, anything less than 5% is often considered inconsequential, yes.

When budgeting for media revenue, a few million would be five percent or more, pal.

#2017768 - 06/06/17 10:59 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you're trying to be funny or something, kman. ku spends most everything they monetize.
As does virtually every university in the nation, including ksu.

ku spends almost $20 million more than k-state. from a media perspective, that generates little incremental revenue, which means it's coming from fans not media.
KU does NOT spend $20 million more than ksu on media costs. There's your fallacy.

KU makes almost triple what ksu makes on 3rd tier media rights. KU makes more on merchandising than ksu does. KU makes more on on-campus advertising than ksu does. KU makes more than double what ksu makes on our apparel contracts. Bottom line, KU makes more than ksu, because KU has greater value and companies and people are willing to pay more for that greater value. Hence, KU has has and currently still does and for the foreseeable future will pull in more athletic revenue than ksu. Not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you to grasp. Then again, you're so f'ing delusional and blinded by hate and jealousy when it comes to all things KU and Lawrence, I guess I shouldn't be surprised you can't accept nor understand this FACT.

#2017769 - 06/06/17 10:59 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

media is part of ku's ~$100 million athletics budget, pal.

#2017771 - 06/06/17 11:05 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you're trying to be funny or something, kman. ku spends most everything they monetize.
As does virtually every university in the nation, including ksu.

KU does NOT spend $20 million more than ksu on media costs. There's your fallacy.

KU makes almost triple what ksu makes on 3rd tier media rights. KU makes more on merchandising than ksu does. KU makes more on on-campus advertising than ksu does. KU makes more than double what ksu makes on our apparel contracts. Bottom line, KU makes more than ksu, because KU has greater value and companies and people are willing to pay more for that greater value. Hence, KU has has and currently still does and for the foreseeable future will pull in more athletic revenue than ksu. Not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you to grasp. Then again, you're so f'ing delusional and blinded by hate and jealousy when it comes to all things KU and Lawrence, I guess I shouldn't be surprised you can't accept nor understand this FACT.

it's rather rich that someone uses junior high level f'bombs and other slurs while suggesting the other party is full of hate and jealousy.

i never wrote ku spends $20 million more on media than k-state. i suspect that much of that expenditure is in burden/overhead costs in the athletics department.

and ku does not make triple tier 3 revenue. k-state's was $4.4 million last year for radio and tv according to its audited financial statements. what was ku, i'm sure not $13 million.

#2017772 - 06/06/17 11:08 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

media is part of ku's ~$100 million athletics budget, pal.

Considering you just posted earlier that "the subject here was revenue from media," I guess I am confused.

Which do you want to discuss? The overall athletics budget or revenue from media?

#2017773 - 06/06/17 11:10 AM Re: New revenue streams? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

k-state's was $4.4 million

At KU, that kind of money would be inconsequential.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview