Rate This Topic
#2017520 - 05/25/17 02:07 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Nothing against getting a degree. Education is obviously important to him. He's been an Big 12 All Academic first or second team the last two years as a Communication Studies major.

He would appear to have a dream of playing in the NBA. Both a degree and NBA career would likely help him and KU basketball.

What can he do over the next year to work his way into the NBA draft? It would seem that quickness and defense are two glaring weaknesses for him. He is also seemingly one dimensional from the scouting reports. He's a shooter and nothing else.

How does he quickly improve his NBA stock while he's getting that degree?

He's only 20 years old. Another year in college will probably help him as much as playing elsewhere, most likely Europe. His quickness probably won't get a whole lot better. His defense might improve and hopefully does. Ellis hasn't made it to the NBA yet, I think Svi has an even more difficult time getting there. But I hope he does. I want all Jayhawk players to do well, but for most the NBA is not a probable hope, as is true for all college players.
How can someone "work on" quickness improvement? Nobody works on getting taller either...
Good question amigo.

Quickness is something you either have or don't. However, whatever degree of quickness you have or don't have, it can be improved. It doesn't quite compare to tallness or the lack of it, unless you utilize elevator basketball shoes.

#2017538 - 05/26/17 09:35 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
AlOerter Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Svi is not going to get quicker. But he can adjust his game to compensate. He has enough length to back off a step on the perimeter. He can give some extra attention to scouting reports to help his anticipation.

Offensively, he has some nice tools to work with. Look, Manu Gonobli isn't the quickest most athletic player you ever saw but he will be in the hall of fame. I'm not saying Svi is the next Ginobli but he does have a similar skill set and is a better shooter.

#2017541 - 05/27/17 08:04 AM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Better shooter than Ginobli. Yeah right. Give me some of that stuff you have been smoking.

#2017543 - 05/27/17 10:13 AM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Ginobli may not be quick but he's quicker and more athletic then Svi.

#2017548 - 05/27/17 01:19 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Ginobli career shooting % - 44.7 3pt% -37.0

Svi career shooting% - 44.2 3pt%-38.1

About the same but Ginobli's came against much tougher competition. He was also surrounded by much better offensive players to draw defense. Still, looking at their shots Svi has the potential to be a better shooter in the future.

Small sample size for Svi comparatively speaking. He is also younger than most players that have been in college 3 yrs.

#2017549 - 05/27/17 01:21 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Better shooter than Ginobli. Yeah right. Give me some of that stuff you have been smoking.

"No, no, no, no, I don't smoke it no more, I'm tired of wakin' up on the floor."

#2017558 - 05/28/17 03:36 AM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
"No thank you please it only makes me sneeze and then it makes it hard to find the door.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (05/28/17 03:41 AM)

#2017570 - 05/28/17 07:49 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview