Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017531 - 05/26/17 09:05 AM The Big Sophmore........
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Cleared for full contact starting next week. I'm excited to see what this kid can really do.

#2017532 - 05/26/17 09:44 AM Re: The Big Sophmore........ [Re: MICHHAWK]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Pray that he will go injury free this next season. He is a key component of a possible NC year. He was just figuring out the 2 man high post give and go game with Jackson right before his injury this past season. If not for that injury we might have won it all this year.

#2017533 - 05/26/17 12:39 PM Re: The Big Sophmore........ [Re: MICHHAWK]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
If the big boys Doke and Embiid can stay healthy this year it will be an exciting year for KU fans.

#2017535 - 05/26/17 02:04 PM Re: The Big Sophmore........ [Re: bigdogjac]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Sounds like Doke has been working to be in good shape conditioning wise. That is great. Plus the practice time and playing time for Italy will be a huge asset for him as well as the whole team. Could be a great year for KU. RCJHKU!

#2017544 - 05/27/17 10:16 AM Re: The Big Sophmore........ [Re: PHOGUSHER]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Pray that he will go injury free this next season. He is a key component of a possible NC year. He was just figuring out the 2 man high post give and go game with Jackson right before his injury this past season. If not for that injury we might have won it all this year.
Not sure I agree about winning it all. Oregon just had a lights out game. Banked in that prayer before halftime and I knew we were going to struggle.

#2017574 - 05/28/17 11:21 PM Re: The Big Sophmore........ [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Doke will be very important piece to the next contending Jayhawks team. Newman and Graham will be just as important. Replacing the scoring that Jackson and Mason leave behind is a huge factor.

In reality, I don't think we fair any better against the Ducks with Doke. They came out ready to play, and shot us out of the game early. I can play the what if game and say that with Doke, maybe Jackson doesn't get those early foul calls, or at least one, but really that may not have changed much.

Most tourney upsets are because of the 3 point line. If you look at the history of the tourney since 1987, most upsets come at the hands of a team nailing 3's. We have seen it happen all too often though.

#2017578 - 05/29/17 09:57 AM Re: The Big Sophmore........ [Re: MICHHAWK]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

IMO quickness can be improved. Physical quickness can improve for a 20 year old. Most will not get quicker at that age, but some can.
Even if you do not get quicker physically, you definitely can improve mentally. Being able to anticipate what your opponent is going to do next improves your "quickness". Experience teaches that.

Preview