58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
NM

#2017497 - 05/24/17 07:02 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
rockjacque Offline
Baby Jay

thank god for Benton Smith....the other 4 losers said he was gone
which for Svi made little sense in opinion.

#2017498 - 05/24/17 07:06 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: rockjacque]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Great news!

#2017500 - 05/24/17 07:27 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Bottom line he wasn't good enough for the league yet. But I hope he tears it up in his senior campaign.

#2017502 - 05/24/17 11:03 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Welcome back. Hope he has one hell of a season, helping the Jayhawks to a National Crown and making himself a better draft pick.

#2017504 - 05/25/17 08:01 AM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Excellent! I love 4 year players.

#2017508 - 05/25/17 10:02 AM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
What's he legitimately going to be able to prove this year to improve his stock?

He seems like a 6'7" Jeff Boschee. Spot up shooter with not much else. Can drive a bit, but not overly athletic, long, or a high level defender.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2017510 - 05/25/17 10:45 AM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: dgless21]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

He can get his degree.

I know the population views high level athletes that stay in school long enough to get their degree as failures. I don't. But the pinheads do.

He can get his degree and have some fun. I like that.

#2017511 - 05/25/17 10:56 AM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
He can get his degree.

I know the population views high level athletes that stay in school long enough to get their degree as failures. I don't. But the pinheads do.

He can get his degree and have some fun. I like that.

Yes, there is life after basketball and having a degree certainly can help make that life a lot better. Most likely Svi won't lower his potential for basketball by staying another year. A win win situation by staying.

#2017512 - 05/25/17 11:22 AM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: 58hawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
Nothing against getting a degree. Education is obviously important to him. He's been an Big 12 All Academic first or second team the last two years as a Communication Studies major.

He would appear to have a dream of playing in the NBA. Both a degree and NBA career would likely help him and KU basketball.

What can he do over the next year to work his way into the NBA draft? It would seem that quickness and defense are two glaring weaknesses for him. He is also seemingly one dimensional from the scouting reports. He's a shooter and nothing else.

How does he quickly improve his NBA stock while he's getting that degree?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2017513 - 05/25/17 11:41 AM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: dgless21]
Jayhawk1952 Offline

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Nothing against getting a degree. Education is obviously important to him. He's been an Big 12 All Academic first or second team the last two years as a Communication Studies major.

He would appear to have a dream of playing in the NBA. Both a degree and NBA career would likely help him and KU basketball.

What can he do over the next year to work his way into the NBA draft? It would seem that quickness and defense are two glaring weaknesses for him. He is also seemingly one dimensional from the scouting reports. He's a shooter and nothing else.

He's only 20 years old. Another year in college will probably help him as much as playing elsewhere, most likely Europe. His quickness probably won't get a whole lot better. His defense might improve and hopefully does. Ellis hasn't made it to the NBA yet, I think Svi has an even more difficult time getting there. But I hope he does. I want all Jayhawk players to do well, but for most the NBA is not a probable hope, as is true for all college players.

#2017514 - 05/25/17 12:02 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

He's only 20 years old. Another year in college will probably help him as much as playing elsewhere, most likely Europe. His quickness probably won't get a whole lot better. His defense might improve and hopefully does. Ellis hasn't made it to the NBA yet, I think Svi has an even more difficult time getting there. But I hope he does. I want all Jayhawk players to do well, but for most the NBA is not a probable hope, as is true for all college players.
How can someone "work on" quickness improvement? Nobody works on getting taller either...

#2017515 - 05/25/17 12:07 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: KUCO_VOC]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Another year with AH is always a good thing.

#2017517 - 05/25/17 01:44 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Another year with AH is always a good thing.

I assume by AH you mean Andrea Hudy and not Alfred Hitchcock. grin

#2017519 - 05/25/17 01:50 PM Re: Svi's coming back [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

How can someone "work on" quickness improvement? Nobody works on getting taller either...
Good question amigo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview