Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017345 - 05/16/17 05:05 PM Did off-court effect recruiting?
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Just asking the question. I don't have any inside knowledge that it did but could see where it might sour some parents.

#2017347 - 05/16/17 07:26 PM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
It could. Or the probation hammer might be coming down. Or Bill is making the jump to the league. Something doesn't seem right with all the transfers. Local yokel plow people will still think everything is great. And maybe it will be.

#2017348 - 05/16/17 07:52 PM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I don't think Bill jumps to the league. He has had multiple opportunities to do that. I do think he may be getting a little burned out with the recruiting grind. He's done well with recruiting, it's just when you compare against Cal and K, everyone else takes a back seat.

But, nothing is more of a grind than the NBA.

#2017349 - 05/16/17 09:32 PM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: AlOerter]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Don't worry about the transfers in or out. Bragg couldn't play at this level. Svi really didn't wasn't to stay this long.You can't blame Colby for wanting more playing time. We are the Jayhawks, that is why the other 3 are transferring in. All schools have off court issues.

#2017351 - 05/17/17 06:49 AM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Actually 5 are transferring in but hey who's counting.

#2017352 - 05/17/17 07:03 AM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: AlOerter]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Forgot about Whitman and the dude from Arizona.

#2017357 - 05/17/17 07:14 PM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: bigdogjac]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

I agree with you Bigdog,.The transfers have nothing to do with our off court situations and is only an opportunity for some to move on that either don't fit or think they're not going to get the minutes they want and those who see an opportunity to play and contribute to a great basketball school. I think we are in good shape for next season.

#2017358 - 05/17/17 07:36 PM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Good shape as in what? Back in to another conference title and being eliminated in a S16 game. That's all I think they will do.

#2017359 - 05/17/17 08:01 PM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Good shape as in what? Back in to another conference title and being eliminated in a S16 game. That's all I think they will do.

Not sure what you mean by "Back in to another conference title." They've had a little luck with them for some of their 13 titles, but they've not backed in to any of them and especially this past season. I also am looking higher than a S16 game. I think you have too much of a "woe is us" attitude. Loosen up and enjoy the journey wherever it takes us.

#2017360 - 05/17/17 08:12 PM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The transfers are another season away (except Whitman). I'm talking about the 2017 recruiting class. 2 Freshmen. Not a knock on them at all, they are quality players, but it remains to be seen if either of them is going to be an impact player this year.

21st ranked recruiting class according to ESPN.com. Not up to KU expectations.

#2017361 - 05/17/17 08:46 PM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: AlOerter]
Jayhawk1952 Offline

Don't forget we have, "the dude from Arizona" for 2nd semester, just in time for conference with a whole year of practice with the team.

#2017367 - 05/18/17 09:28 AM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

Not sure what you mean by "Back in to another conference title." They've had a little luck with them for some of their 13 titles, but they've not backed in to any of them and especially this past season. I also am looking higher than a S16 game. I think you have too much of a "woe is us" attitude. Loosen up and enjoy the journey wherever it takes us.

And it's the "where ever it takes us" complacent attitude that has us stuck at 3 NCAA titles. Fans of blueblood teams that demand more get more. Thats why Kentucky has 8...UNC has 6...Duke has 5. Complacency in underachieving is a form of giving up.

That might be the mindset of flyover country yokels but not for this guy. I want more frigging titles. UConn having one more title than us makes me sick at times. Rifed with rage..but yuk yuk lets get another Big 12 title and yuk yuk thats good enough..

#2017369 - 05/18/17 10:27 AM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
You're full of hot air.

#2017370 - 05/18/17 10:32 AM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

And it's the "where ever it takes us" complacent attitude that has us stuck at 3 NCAA titles. Fans of blueblood teams that demand more get more. Thats why Kentucky has 8...UNC has 6...Duke has 5. Complacency in underachieving is a form of giving up.

That might be the mindset of flyover country yokels but not for this guy. I want more frigging titles. UConn having one more title than us makes me sick at times. Rifed with rage..but yuk yuk lets get another Big 12 title and yuk yuk thats good enough..

I think that you are giving far too much weight to the fans demand for NCAA championships upon schools, coaches or players. Can you give even one instance where the fans demands brought about a NCAA trophy? As far as fans demands are concerned, I seriously doubt that UK, UNC, Duke or UConn fans had an ounce of influence in demanding a championship for any of these or any other school. The basic influence that fans have is when they get behind their team in cheering and attendance or the lack thereof. In that regard there can be found no better fan base than KU. They are also one of the best traveling fan bases. As far as the influence of boards like this one, I seriously doubt that coaches ever read even one word of them nor do the players or school administrators. So what I say or you say doesn't have even an ounce of effect upon championships. That is basically determined by the quality of coaching, players, injuries, luck of the draw and having a good or off night.When all of that lines up favorably, the possibility of a championship greatly increases. When one or more of those are out of kilter, the possibility begins to diminish. Your demand for, "more frigging titles," has not even a hair's breath of influence of whether or not we get one. And I seriously doubt that you desire a NCAA title more than I do. As big a fan as I am, my life just doesn't revolve around that desire. Even if it did, it wouldn't have the slightest influence upon achieving or not achieving a championship.

#2017371 - 05/18/17 10:55 AM Re: Did off-court effect recruiting? [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
You're full of hot air.

You are 100% correct. You just took less words to say the same thing that I did.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview