Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017159 - 05/06/17 05:19 PM Would a football national championship..
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
by any school outside of UT/OU save the Big12?

Honestly, a case could be made that the CU MNC in 91 was the nugget that allowed the Big 12 to form in 96. In the 80s, OU was constantly exploring other options (ie end of the college football alliance) . They were always POed when ISU/Ksuck would sell back home games to OU for a chunk of the paycheck. Everybody wanted but KU wanted to axe Ksuck and invite Arkansas. When Arky left for the SEC, the talk was of OU heading south and UNL heading north.

The resurgence of CU, though, seemed to stimulate UNL/OU's interest in the Big 8 to make the move to improve the conference rather than leave it. By the mid-90s, the troubles from the mid-80s were long past. Perhaps, a nice little run by someone outside of the Big2 would put some pride back into Texhoma to grow their indigenous conference rather than chitcan it for a paycheck somewheres else?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2017182 - 05/08/17 06:10 PM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I don't believe our conference is on the ropes. We could add two decent teams anytime to fill out our roster. Truly believe CU & NU are sorry about leaving. Not so MU as they are happy buried in the latest.

#2017185 - 05/09/17 09:47 AM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: John_Brown]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
well maybe k-state will test your theory this year or next, jb.

#2017186 - 05/09/17 11:16 AM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
Right, and the Royals are going to win the World Series this year by beating the Rockies.

Your non-con sucks. You would need to go undefeated or lose one at most, still win the conference title, and the other games would all have to be the blowouts like Washington did last year. I'd give you about a 1% chance or less of making the playoffs--let alone winning a title.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2017187 - 05/09/17 11:44 AM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Right, and the Royals are going to win the World Series this year by beating the Rockies.

Your non-con sucks. You would need to go undefeated or lose one at most, still win the conference title, and the other games would all have to be the blowouts like Washington did last year. I'd give you about a 1% chance or less of making the playoffs--let alone winning a title.

winning all their games and the league title are not completely out of the question, methinks. nor would a forecast of losing a few be arguable. obviously, the conference believes in k-state, given how they've arranged the schedule. but state's best team will be next year. question is, will "the wizard" still be around to coach 'em. probably not.

#2017188 - 05/09/17 01:39 PM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

"The Wizard" coached basketball at UCLA, so I don't follow anything about your question.

Nothing in the last decade suggests you can finish in the top ten, let alone compete for a title. The last two seasons, you finished with the same ranking as KU...unranked.

This is same dumbass post you make every year. "This is our year, guys! Next year, too, guys!"

#2017189 - 05/09/17 02:23 PM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"The Wizard" coached basketball at UCLA, so I don't follow anything about your question.

Nothing in the last decade suggests you can finish in the top ten, let alone compete for a title. The last two seasons, you finished with the same ranking as KU...unranked.

This is same dumbass post you make every year. "This is our year, guys! Next year, too, guys!"

it was but a few years ago that k-state was ranked #1. i expect they'll return to the top 20 sooner rather than later. this is a nice squad.

#2017190 - 05/09/17 02:36 PM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

KSU was number one for ONE WEEK before an unranked Baylor team put a primetime 28 point beating on the purps.

I'm sure there's a NUMBER ONE FOR A WEEK dvd or shirt out there somewhere.

#2017191 - 05/09/17 04:03 PM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: tmcats]
pizzanbeer Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: tmcats

it was but a few years ago that k-state was ranked #1. i expect they'll return to the top 20 sooner rather than later. this is a nice squad.

tmcats, thanks for using purple text in your posts. It helps me identify your comments more quickly so I can efficiently scroll past them when I'm not signed in.

#2017198 - 05/10/17 09:10 AM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: pizzanbeer]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

sure, no problem, pizza. do you deliver?

#2017204 - 05/10/17 10:59 AM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: tmcats
sure, no problem, pizza. do you deliver?
Much like the wildcat football team, pizzabeer delivers...

NO

#2017205 - 05/10/17 11:43 AM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

http://footballscoop.com/news/bill-snyder-conundrum-completely-consume-kansas-state-football/

Found this to be interesting regarding the Snyders and KSU. Strangely no suggestions they'll win a national title though.

#2017207 - 05/10/17 02:12 PM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

the hall of fame coach is, rightly, getting a lot of ink, certainly overshadowing splendid k-state teams that will take the field over the next couple autumns. knowing him as we do, that's probably okay with 'the wizard.'

#2017220 - 05/10/17 05:21 PM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: John_Brown]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I don't know if another Big 12 team besides OU or UT winning the conference and/or making a run at the college football playoffs changes the conference dynamics at all. I actually lean towards no it won't. I do think though that if OU does they;ll start to shut up a bit more and not actively try to destabilize the conference more in the public's eye. If UT does, then I think they'll probably get more entrenched in their views about the conference.

It may change some of the national perceptions of the conference though if another school outside of OU and UT made the playoffs.

And what's all this ugly purple spam I see? Only thing I made out was the phrase "methinks". Is someone retarded or British or perhaps both here?

#2017238 - 05/11/17 10:43 AM Re: Would a football national championship.. [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

texas will be, by far, the most interesting conference program to watch this coming season. coach herman is all over the place blowing bevo. and, naturally,
they're ranked - again - in preseason polls. whistle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview