Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017158 - 05/06/17 05:02 PM Mizzou's collapse.
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Couldn't happen to a better bunch:

Slaver slouch away.

Good to see. 2000 head drop in 3 years. Impressive. Perhaps our football administration isn't the most incompetent in the local area. Folks at Jesse Hall are even worse schmucks.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Edited by John_Brown (05/06/17 05:04 PM)

#2017164 - 05/06/17 07:23 PM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Our admin is worse than any D1 P5 by far. We need to win some games, JB!! Our HC is hanging by a thread until we do some wins. The enrollment numbers drop at MU don't really mean anything regarding their football program declining.

I want it (some wins!), but nothing to show, yet.

#2017217 - 05/10/17 05:01 PM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: John_Brown]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
While I get that there's quite a few mizzery alumni/fans in the KC area, but how is the u of mizzery local? It's a minimum of 130 miles and a 2 hour drive from most anywhere in KC. That's a minimum. It's more like 155miles and 2 1/2 hours away from my area. Hell, it's only a bit further away to Wichita, so is Wichita or WSU local too?

As for what's going on over in that sh!thole of a school, any decline in any area they suffer is good news to me even if I don't pay any attention to them anymore. They deserve it! grin

#2017226 - 05/10/17 07:06 PM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Our admin is worse than any D1 P5 by far. We need to win some games, JB!! Our HC is hanging by a thread until we do some wins. The enrollment numbers drop at MU don't really mean anything regarding their football program declining.

I want it (some wins!), but nothing to show, yet.

David Beaty is "hanging by a thread"?

Unbelievable!

He's the greatest thing to happen to KU football since...Mark Mangino. Screw the lack of wins, they'll come with the talent he's bringing in.

Unless you don't have a pulse, the excitement for KU football has become palpable. And the entire college football landscape is taking notice, especially the recruiting services and their rankings.

Attendance at Memorial Stadium will be way up this year, win or lose. Fans are BELIEVING again. Beaty had enormous odds stacked against him--horrible talent and depth, zero fan interest and an atrocious stadium. And he is delivering way beyond anybody's most optimistic expectations.

In two or three more years, the KU program will be running with the Big Dogs.

The Swag Is Back!

#2017227 - 05/10/17 09:30 PM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Don't think we will be seeing a big attendance uptick if we only win 2 or less. Not my prediction but I believe things in the real world 🌎

Unicorns 🦄 blow glitter out there arse and I believe!!

#2017230 - 05/11/17 08:54 AM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2017235 - 05/11/17 10:32 AM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
i don't believe missouri's situation is at all related to football but rather pinko politics and actions that have scared off many parents from sending their kids to the school. lots of good colleges in the state beyond como.

#2017237 - 05/11/17 10:39 AM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Don't think we will be seeing a big attendance uptick if we only win 2 or less. Not my prediction but I believe things in the real world 🌎

Reality is not one of your strengths.

#2017242 - 05/11/17 01:17 PM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

Reality is not one of your strengths.
J2004 is full of it! Reality, that is...

#2017246 - 05/11/17 02:07 PM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: tmcats]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Originally Posted By: tmcats
i don't believe missouri's situation is at all related to football but rather pinko politics and actions that have scared off many parents from sending their kids to the school. lots of good colleges in the state beyond como.

The pinko commie politics may have contributed, but fan interest in Missoura sports on the west side of the state have also collapsed. Gone are the old, familiar rivalries w/ OU/ISU/UNL. The Border WAR is gone. Jason Sutherland shows up at a Mizzou/Kentucky game in Lexington and noone understands enough to start booing the way they would in Ames or Stoolwater. W/out the history and w/ no championships or specialty to rely on (like UNL football), Mizzou athletics have all the charm of UMKC or Johnson County Community College athletics.

And sports does drive attendance at universities. Ask the President of Wichita State today or Wefald upon his arrival in Mancrappie in 1988. Why would someone pack up the youngun and pay for a dorm in Columbia when you get the same exact degree from the same institution down the street at UMKC? It goes beyond the politics in my opinion.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2017254 - 05/11/17 10:57 PM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: John_Brown]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Jayhawker2004

HCDB can run with this Big Dog any day! LOL!

#2017289 - 05/14/17 06:55 AM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: tmcats]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

"Pinko politics" Plowboy?

Since when did standing up to outright bigotry and ignorance become "Pinko"? And why should black students be forced to endure racist graffiti, heckling and assaults? That's what parents are afraid of sending their kids off to at Mizzou and that's why we call them "Slavers"..

This is the 21st Century. The slaves were freed two centuries ago. The Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act were achieved in the last century.

"Pinko"? Hardly. It's called progress. Except at Mizzou.

The place is a toilet. Decent people don't want to send their kids to a shithole.

Edited by jahawker2004 (05/14/17 07:13 AM)

#2017307 - 05/15/17 09:50 AM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: jahawker2004]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
much of missouri's grief was inspired by a pinko professor calling for muscle, which is typical behavior for insolent leftists in and out of academia. she was later terminated, i believe. that said, missouri's little different than other universities in its views and resulting, illogical safe space crapola. it just came to the surface there. sad for them. it just as easily could have happened in lawrence as como.

#2017308 - 05/15/17 10:32 AM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

much of missouri's grief was inspired by a pinko professor calling for muscle, which is typical behavior for insolent leftists in and out of academia. she was later terminated, i believe. that said, missouri's little different than other universities in its views and resulting, illogical safe space crapola. it just came to the surface there. sad for them. it just as easily could have happened @ KSU .

FYP

#2017313 - 05/15/17 04:12 PM Re: Mizzou's collapse. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Good lord you right-wingers are dense.

"Much of Missouri's grief was inspired by a pinko professor calling for muscle"--

Nonsense. Missouri's grief was inspired by ignorant right-wing students calling for hatred of African Americans and Jews. The protests were a reaction to that.

This is the legacy of Mizzou and the backwoods rural areas of the state where these cockroaches crawl from. The SEC is a great fit for them alongside Mississippi, Alabama etc and the rest of the old Confederacy that yearns for the good ol days.

Melissa Click and her call for muscle was a sideshow.

"Missouri (is) little different than other universities"--

This will NEVER happen at KU..

"It just as easily could have happened at KSU"--

Highly doubtful. Their student body may be heavily rural, but they have no legacy of bigotry or support of keeping humans in bondage. Kansas is the ONLY state founded on political activism, specifically to be a Free State.

Quit making excuses for those white trash pukes and trying to drag the liberals into it. You're making fools of yourselves and doing so on the wrong forum here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview