Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017058 - 04/30/17 01:13 PM Game Day Experience
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
I've heard rumors about some sorta DJ in the student body? Please, gawd, tell me this will be some sorta local gimmick catering toward the little snowflakes who can't sit through a football game like a real American and won't be piped to the rest of the stadium. If true, this-in-a-nutshell is the problem with the Zenger regime. Dancing around the side issues and ignoring the real problem.

Also, I haven't paid attention to the ticket packages available. Are the Family Packs gone? Honestly, those have saved the bacon and single handedly kept average attendance above 20000 per game over the last couple of years. I understand they don't produce great revenue, but they at least made it worth the vendors time to bid on the contract and put up a concession stand. They also bring kids to the games and build the fanbase in the future. If Zenger is going after a money grab based solely on the Tejas game miracle, again he doesn't understand the need to repair this fanbase after years of torture.

Look, more games w/ the players eating cupcakes on the big board and fewer pictures of guys working out w/ ropes. More stupid crowd gimmicks during timeouts (ie the big plastic ball races, pizza toppings contests, hot dog races) and less crappy rap music piped over the board. More crowd giveaways (ie scholarship giveaways to students in attendance) and fewer distracting crap (like a DJ). And more KU Band and traditional football crowd stokers (ie beer) rather than another round of Mad Mike from 1985.

And what happened to the cup wars from the mid 80s? Why have they disappeared?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Edited by John_Brown (04/30/17 01:15 PM)

#2017070 - 04/30/17 10:14 PM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: John_Brown]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I've heard they're going to tarp off the middle section in the North end zone area and put some kind of raised platform there with possibly a DJ and an open bar type thing going on. At least that's the rumor I recall from a couple of months ago. I may have gotten the details incorrect though as I didn't really pay too much attention to it when I heard it.

Also, I think they've been doing crowd gimmick type stuff for 20 years or more now. I recall they used to have some kind of beach ball races. Releasing one on each end of the stands and seeing which one got to the other end first via fans hitting the balls. Not sure if that's the ball races you were referring to or not. I remember them doing these beach ball contests as far back as the early 1990's.

Don't think the family packs are gone, but I do believe they've been modified. Again, didn't pay too much attention to the details when I first heard them a couple months ago. Maybe someone else on here can relay them?

#2017074 - 05/01/17 09:51 AM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: John_Brown]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Come on JB! With the product on the field being Sooooooo.....pathetic, the HyVee Tailgate of the game is a highlight to any Saturday evening. Tricycle racing is also a must see on a game day. And who can forget the SEAT UPGRADE to a dumb arse barco lounger in the South Endzone........when anyone with a lick of sense will simply go sit on the 50 yard line.

KU Football isn't a team sport anymore, it is a JOKE.

#2017078 - 05/02/17 09:02 AM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Beena, track removed his comments but his fanboy enthusiasm is offended by reality. Beaty beat Texas so we are improving. His salary proves it.

#2017083 - 05/02/17 05:27 PM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: John_Brown]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
Putting a tarp over the north bowl would be very disappointing and cement my contempt for that little twerp A.D. from Bluemont that smirks while sitting next to the basketball coach but who has no guts to mingle with those of us underneath the press box on fall Saturdays.

The only game day experience I need is watching the 38 year old gold digger in a skimpy top who lives out at Shadow Glen with her 54 year old executive second husband, sipping chardonnay at the tailgate while her 14 year old bored daughter is texting her dad about how lame all the old people are.

#2017086 - 05/02/17 05:40 PM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: Leawood]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Leawood
Putting a tarp over the north bowl would be very disappointing and cement my contempt for that little twerp A.D. from Bluemont that smirks while sitting next to the basketball coach but who has no guts to mingle with those of us underneath the press box on fall Saturdays.

The only game day experience I need is watching the 38 year old gold digger in a skimpy top who lives out at Shadow Glen with her 54 year old executive second husband, sipping chardonnay at the tailgate while her 14 year old bored daughter is texting her dad about how lame all the old people are.

LOL. Good post!

#2017087 - 05/02/17 05:42 PM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Beena, track removed his comments but his fanboy enthusiasm is offended by reality. Beaty beat Texas so we are improving. His salary proves it.

Thumbs down! Bad post x 2!

Edited by track (05/02/17 05:43 PM)

#2017101 - 05/03/17 12:05 AM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: Leawood]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas

Dam, I love that JoCo Mr and Mrs Bridges imagery you bring to the table. It's a grand update on Evan Connell.

The older I get the more I admire that CrushedDove Al Bohl. The man was a dam genius. The only executive this University has ever hired to take a professional look at KUFootball and put a plan in place that worked. The guy put the booze back in the tailgate and hired the PhatBasturd. It made KUFootball fun. I can't imagine AlBohl putting a tarp over anything. More likely to bring in the St Anne's Elementary School choir to sing the National Anthem and force the parents to buy tickets to watch their little doves sing. That sorta stuff works. DJs and tarps don't.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2017113 - 05/03/17 01:46 PM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: track

[url=Thumbshttp://boards.kusports.com/images/icons/default/thumbs_down.gif][url=Thumbshttp://boards.kusports.com/images/icons/default/thumbs_down.gif][url=Thumbshttp://boards.kusports.com/images/icons/default/thumbs_down.gif]Thumbshttp://boards.kusports.com/images/icons/default/thumbs_down.gif[/url][/url][/url] down! Bad post x 2!
You've been promoted to being a post critic! Nice!

#2017612 - 05/30/17 01:46 PM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: John_Brown]
kylecof11 Offline
Max Falkenstien

So I pulled up the website for tickets just to see. They're switching up things this year. I attached the picture website. But they moved the band back to the corner, they seem to be adding some different seating in the north EZ, with some of the stuff going down to field level just behind the goal posts. Calling it Rock Chalk Field Goal Club. Seem to be stopping the Family Zone.

https://ev10.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=kansas/images/maps/2017_football_seating_map3.gif

#2017621 - 05/30/17 04:40 PM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: John_Brown]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
Ending the Family Zone is a bad idea.

#2017622 - 05/30/17 04:48 PM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: Leawood]
kylecof11 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Ending the Family Zone is a bad idea.

100% agree. I do wonder if the Coaches Corner GA will have some kid prices. But I was planning on making 3 hour drive up there for a game or two this year, and thought those tickets would be perfect with my wife and 2 young children. Turns out we'll have to look further into what the seating is.

#2017623 - 05/30/17 04:52 PM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: John_Brown]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Did they add more reserved seats on the East side and shrink the student section?

#2017637 - 05/31/17 07:58 AM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: John_Brown]
kylecof11 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I'm pretty sure the East Side reserved section has started at section 21 for a while, if I'm not mistaken..

I do wonder how the fans will feel about it, though. It seems like nothing has been announced about it at this point in time.

Edited by kylecof11 (05/31/17 08:37 AM)

#2017638 - 05/31/17 08:46 AM Re: Game Day Experience [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
My season tickets are in section 21, so yes, 21 is reserved seating. 18-20 are student sections. 21-26 are reserved. 17 is mostly the band.

Not sure the family zone pricing beforehand, but I agree that, if it prevents people from showing up, its not a good idea considering the struggles Zenger has filling the stadium already.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview