Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2016974 - 04/24/17 11:11 PM Maciah Long
pizzanbeer Online   content
Max Falkenstien

The roster lists him at LB but he played DE in the spring game. Is he going to play LB or DE or a little of both next season?

#2016976 - 04/25/17 08:29 AM Re: Maciah Long [Re: pizzanbeer]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
One of the guys near the group I was with at the spring game was saying Maciah is struggling with pass coverage this spring, but he was too much of an athlete to leave on the sidelines.

I don't know if the move to DE is permanent, but it sounded like that's why we didn't see him at LB--assuming a random dude in the stands knew what he was talking about.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2016977 - 04/25/17 11:40 AM Re: Maciah Long [Re: pizzanbeer]
swishymcjayhawk Offline
get off my lawn

Loc: KC, MO
another thing i'm curious about RE: Maciah Long - why are both he and Hasan Defense wearing #3?

#2016978 - 04/25/17 12:16 PM Re: Maciah Long [Re: pizzanbeer]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
If his twitter picture is correct, he's wearing #6.

Which is Isi Holani's number. Not sure how that's going to work either way. Get Tait to give us a percentage wheel on what number he's going to wear.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2016983 - 04/25/17 05:46 PM Re: Maciah Long [Re: dgless21]
pizzanbeer Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: dgless21
One of the guys near the group I was with at the spring game was saying Maciah is struggling with pass coverage this spring, but he was too much of an athlete to leave on the sidelines.

I don't know if the move to DE is permanent, but it sounded like that's why we didn't see him at LB--assuming a random dude in the stands knew what he was talking about.

He's listed at 245 on the roster so that is a lot of weight to be carrying for pass coverage. I agree that Beaty can't leave an athlete like Long on the sidelines. I wonder if Beaty will try to use him as an H back / FB again this season too. It's nice to have a player with that kind of versatility.

#2016998 - 04/26/17 09:09 PM Re: Maciah Long [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I've heard they've been using him at DE during more obvious passing situations and LB during more probably running situations. Somewhat like how James Holt was used. Kinda, but probably more time at DE if what I heard a few weeks ago was accurate.

A lot can change between now and the 1st game and they may change their minds. Don't think they're gonna try him back on O though.

Preview