Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2016742 - 04/09/17 05:48 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Puhlease...we started out as a fighting military nation..we got our crops from the injuns. Without the protection of our early military the American farmer never would have got going. Again military trumps farmer. Heck our military could have bought crops from our ally countries.

In fact I work a part time job just for something to do online shopping at a grocery store. Most of the produce they sell especially in season stuff comes from other countries. Explain that if you can....still respect the farming profession but it's is not important as our military. And Roy still is Bill's equal. ..boom.

#2016746 - 04/09/17 06:52 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
I understand technology as it has changed drastically in the oil and gas industry. Instead of drilling and completing 3000' vertical holes I am now drilling down 10,000' , turning that steel and drilling a horizontal hole for 2 miles. Technology has changed the entire world. It is needed everywhere and I will not put the importance of one over the other, but...............you would still be drilling wheat in western Ok. with mules and sailing those ships if it were not for oil and gas. LOL! I don't feel any more important than anybody else, because I, nor my industry is.

#2016748 - 04/09/17 07:16 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

You frigging fracker....ruining our environment. Navy runs on nuclear power mostly, Don't need that fracking stinking oil.

#2016749 - 04/09/17 07:16 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
I understand technology as it has changed drastically in the oil and gas industry. Instead of drilling and completing 3000' vertical holes I am now drilling down 10,000' , turning that steel and drilling a horizontal hole for 2 miles. Technology has changed the entire world. It is needed everywhere and I will not put the importance of one over the other, but...............you would still be drilling wheat in western Ok. with mules and sailing those ships if it were not for oil and gas. LOL! I don't feel any more important than anybody else, because I, nor my industry is.
We don't want to get a rig drilling in NE or KS until prices rebound.

#2016750 - 04/09/17 07:31 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

If someone does, I don't want to be that someone that does.

#2016752 - 04/09/17 07:33 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Phog, Maybe we will create an earthquake and swallow you up.

#2016753 - 04/09/17 09:18 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

That's about as dumb of a statement as I've heard in a long time. It shows your ignorance concerning a farm as well as manual labor. Farm life today is a long cry from what it used to be. It has become quite a high tech business. This includes agriculture farming as well as dairy and livestock farming. Without the smarts needed to understand this and the ability to adapt to it, you won't make it as a farmer. And when I say, "you," I am including YOU. Without the farm industry, our nation would be in a sorry state. I defy anyone on this board to say otherwise.

You are seriously trying to defend farming as a respectable occupation? Only losers farm. Then they make up this fantasy land where "farmers feed the world" or some crap so they can justify their pathetic existence.

Quote:
Besides, there is nothing wrong with manual labor.

Right I guess, if your intellectual abilities are so lacking that you have to resort to using your hands.

Quote:
Those involved in manual labor are the backbone of our nation.

Closely following the deification of Bill Self, we now are seeing the deification of the day laborer.

Quote:
Without manual labor you don't have food to eat, milk to drink, a house to live in, a place to work no matter what your job is.

Really? Seems like I do.

Quote:
You don't have appliances in your home to cook with, clean with, you don't even have plumbing for water, gas or electricity.

My Centurion Card gets me these things just fine.

Quote:
You don't have a car, or gas to run it it or oil for the engine. You don't have anyone to repair any of this stuff. You don't have highways to drive on or airplanes to fly in, not even trains or buses for transportation. You don't have a computer to write your drivel on, nor a smartphone, nor even a phone. In fact you don't even have a pencil or pen to write with or paper to write on. Without manual labor you end back up in the cave you were born in and are forced to do a whole lot of manual labor just to survive.

Again, fantasy land.

Quote:
You end up making your own weapons from trees and probably in your case swinging from the branches of those trees and the vines hanging in them.

I didn't realize we were living in the jungle now. Unlike you, I live in a real city with real infrastructure.

Quote:
The fact is you don't even have sporting events as we do today because there would be no one to make the equipment needed for the sporting events and not even players to participate in the team activity as that would involve a lot of manual labor.

We have sporting events today PRECISELY because we don't need to conduct manual labor anymore.

Quote:
You need to quit thinking so highly of yourself as you are nothing without the help and labor of others.

Others are nothing without JimWest.

Quote:
Quit thinking that you are so infallible in your thinking as only popes and dopes are allowed to believe that.

Is this some farmland idiom? Speak English.

Quote:
If I sound upset, it is because I am. Sorry if I offended anyone, but if I did, you needed to be.

Good, keep crying into your Busch Light as you drive your tractor back and forth between the cornfield and the pig pen.

#2016754 - 04/09/17 09:23 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

They work with tractors and combines that cost $100,000 - 300,000 and that's not including the implements. It takes a lot of know how to keep all of that running smoothly and staying above water economically.

lol

Some equipment seems somewhat expensive to ruralites! Therefore the job is really respectable!

Flawless logic.

Quote:
I appreciate you service to our country and your later support of it through defense contracting.

The deification of Bill Self, followed by the deification of the Farmer, and now the deification of the military. The farm-brain trifecta!

Quote:
But we wouldn't be the nation we are today without all of the other kinds of businesses and manufacturing which includes a whole lot of manual labor.

You rural people still act like it is the dawn of the Industrial Revolution. Modern society has moved on.

Quote:
I suspect that this board is full of people who are or have been involved in manual labor.

The smart ones have moved on.

Quote:
I salute each and every one. They have my respect and gratitude.

Somewhere someone must have told all these hicks that if they give undying "respect and gratitude" to other hicks that they will reap some reward at some point. There is no other explanation for this.

Quote:
I will have to admit, though, that I was a bit disappointed in your lining up with JW.

JimWest is legion.

#2016758 - 04/09/17 10:03 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: JimWest
They work with tractors and combines that cost $100,000 - 300,000 and that's not including the implements. It takes a lot of know how to keep all of that running smoothly and staying above water economically.

lol

Some equipment seems somewhat expensive to ruralites! Therefore the job is really respectable!

Flawless logic.

Quote:
I appreciate you service to our country and your later support of it through defense contracting.

The deification of Bill Self, followed by the deification of the Farmer, and now the deification of the military. The farm-brain trifecta!

Quote:
But we wouldn't be the nation we are today without all of the other kinds of businesses and manufacturing which includes a whole lot of manual labor.

You rural people still act like it is the dawn of the Industrial Revolution. Modern society has moved on.

Quote:
I suspect that this board is full of people who are or have been involved in manual labor.

The smart ones have moved on.

Quote:
I salute each and every one. They have my respect and gratitude.

Somewhere someone must have told all these hicks that if they give undying "respect and gratitude" to other hicks that they will reap some reward at some point. There is no other explanation for this.

Quote:
I will have to admit, though, that I was a bit disappointed in your lining up with JW.

JimWest is legion in the gay community.

Fyp

#2016759 - 04/09/17 10:23 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

JimWest's prowess is not limited to a single community.

#2016767 - 04/10/17 12:05 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
John Brown

Hey Bigdog, I think we need to run some of your oil through this thread, I keep hearing some sort of a squeak on it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oh, never mind, it's been figured out, the small pipsqueak is on it.

#2016771 - 04/10/17 01:48 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: JimWest
JimWest's prowess is not limited to a single community.

Rainbow warrior prowess...ya dang pipsqueak..

#2016853 - 04/16/17 12:08 AM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: PHOGUSHER]
John Brown

Another means of measuring NCAA Tournament results for coaches.

With the exception of two, the following coaches have won at least one NCAA Basketball Championship during the past 14 years. Two of the coaches either retired or moved to the NBA during this time so their record was extended backwards to include their last 14 years. One coach has only been at it for five years. Izzo and Boeheim were included as they’ve been considered great coaches and both have won one championship previously, their only championships. The term, “Years” means the years covered. “Ng,” meaning No go, are the years they didn’t make it to the tournament. With the exception of Cal, all of the coaches were at the same school during the time considered. Points were awarded for each level reached in the tourney – 64= 1, 32= 2, 16= 3, E8= 4, F4= 5, F2= 6 and Champ= 7 to determine how the coaches stack up against each other.

Coach - Years -Champ -F 2 - F 4–E 8 -16 - 32 - 64 –Ng -Points
Roy........... 14 .....3........1......1.....3....3.....2.....0 ....1 ..... 56
Self........... 14 .....1........1......0.....5....2.....3.....2 ....0 ..... 47
Cal............ 14 .....1........1......2.....4....1.....2.....0 ... 2 ..... 46
Coach K.... 14 .....2........0......1.....1....5.....2.....3 ... 0 ..... 45
Izzo........... 14......0........1......3.....1....3.....3.....3 ... 0 ..... 43
Pitino ........ 14 .... 1 ...... 0 .... 2 ... 3 .. 1 ... 3 ... 2 ... 2 ..... 40
Donovan ... 14 .....2 ...... 0 .... 1 ... 3 ...0 ... 2 ... 3 ... 3 ..... 38
Calhoun .... 14 .... 3 ...... 0 .... 1 ... 2 .. 1 ... 2 ... 2 ... 3 ..... 37
Wright ....... 14 .... 1 ...... 0 .... 1 ... 1 .. 2 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ..... 33
Boeheim ... 14 .... 0 ...... 0 .... 2 .... 1 .. 3 ... 2 ... 2 ... 4 ..... 29
Ollie ........... 5 .....1 ...... 0 .... 0 .... 0 .. 0 ... 1 ... 0 ... 3 ....... 6
(Roy at KU.14..... 0 ...... 2 .... 2 .... 1 .. 4 ... 5.... 0 ... 0 ..... 48)

I considered giving penalty points for missing the tourney. Giving one point or two points in penalties for each year missed didn’t make a lot of difference. A one point penalty dropped Cal one position and two points dropped him two positions. The rest stayed in the same order. Note that all the coaches have piled up a large number in the Ng, 64 and 32 columns. Roy, Self, Cal and Coach K have the least number with totals of 3, 4 or 5.

#2016854 - 04/16/17 12:20 AM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Another means of measuring NCAA Tournament results for coaches.

With the exception of two, the following coaches have won at least one NCAA Basketball Championship during the past 14 years. Two of the coaches either retired or moved to the NBA during this time so their record was extended backwards to include their last 14 years. One coach has only been at it for five years. Izzo and Boeheim were included as they’ve been considered great coaches and both have won one championship previously, their only championships. The term, “Years” means the years covered. “Ng,” meaning No go, are the years they didn’t make it to the tournament. With the exception of Cal, all of the coaches were at the same school during the time considered. Points were awarded for each level reached in the tourney – 64= 1, 32= 2, 16= 3, E8= 4, F4= 5, F2= 6 and Champ= 7 to determine how the coaches stack up against each other.

Coach - Years -Champ -F 2 - F 4–E 8 -16 - 32 - 64 –Ng -Points
Roy........... 14 .....3........1......1.....3....3.....2.....0 ....1 ..... 56
Self........... 14 .....1........1......0.....5....2.....3.....2 ....0 ..... 47
Cal............ 14 .....1........1......2.....4....1.....2.....0 ... 2 ..... 46
Coach K.... 14 .....2........0......1.....1....5.....2.....3 ... 0 ..... 45
Izzo........... 14......0........1......3.....1....3.....3.....3 ... 0 ..... 43
Pitino ........ 14 .... 1 ...... 0 .... 2 ... 3 .. 1 ... 3 ... 2 ... 2 ..... 40
Donovan ... 14 .....2 ...... 0 .... 1 ... 3 ...0 ... 2 ... 3 ... 3 ..... 38
Calhoun .... 14 .... 3 ...... 0 .... 1 ... 2 .. 1 ... 2 ... 2 ... 3 ..... 37
Wright ....... 14 .... 1 ...... 0 .... 1 ... 1 .. 2 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ..... 33
Boeheim ... 14 .... 0 ...... 0 .... 2 .... 1 .. 3 ... 2 ... 2 ... 4 ..... 29
Ollie ........... 5 .....1 ...... 0 .... 0 .... 0 .. 0 ... 1 ... 0 ... 3 ....... 6
(Roy at KU.14..... 0 ...... 2 .... 2 .... 1 .. 4 ... 5.... 0 ... 0 ..... 48)

I considered giving penalty points for missing the tourney. Giving one point or two points in penalties for each year missed didn’t make a lot of difference. A one point penalty dropped Cal one position and two points dropped him two positions. The rest stayed in the same order. Note that all the coaches have piled up a large number in the Ng, 64 and 32 columns. Roy, Self, Cal and Coach K have the least number with totals of 3, 4 or 5.

This is a laughably stupid scale. You weighted it to make THE GREAT DEITY BILL SELF look good. A National Championship only gets 7 points while an Elite Eight gets 4? Are you kidding? 3 wins vs. 6 wins. I mean, if you are going to do this, you need to weight later rounds progressively higher. But even if you do it the dumbass way like you did, you have to weight wins somewhat evenly. You are weighting the early rounds heavier. Use your brain.

This is just all around dumb farm brain garbage.

Edited by JimWest (04/16/17 12:21 AM)

#2016855 - 04/16/17 12:30 AM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: JimWest]
John Brown

Sounds like the tiny pipsqueak is squeaking!

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview