Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1925836 - 06/18/13 07:52 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: tyler]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Originally Posted By: tyler
The win/loss of this trade will not be determined by the career Myers has with the Rays.

Finally, someone recognizes how a trade should be evaluated. It is not how the players stats compare, it is whether the player you received fills the need you were trading for.

#1925853 - 06/18/13 08:45 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: jammahawk]
kylecof11 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: jammahawk
The win/loss of this trade will not be determined by the career Myers has with the Rays.

Finally, someone recognizes how a trade should be evaluated. It is not how the players stats compare, it is whether the player you received fills the need you were trading for.

And the moves Dayton made this offseason have significantly helped the team. KC has the best ERA in the AL. The starting pitchers go deep in to the games which keeps the bullpen fresh. This team would be in 4th place or last this year with Myers in the field and Hochevar in the rotation. He has been way better in the bullpen.

#1925998 - 06/18/13 12:25 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: kylecof11]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
But the mere fact that we needed pitching so badly this offseason is also on Dayton.

The regime's failures there is the reason we had to give up one of the best hitting prospects in baseball.

#1926001 - 06/18/13 12:33 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Originally Posted By: CrimsonNBlue
But the mere fact that we needed pitching so badly this offseason is also on Dayton.

The regime's failures there is the reason we had to give up one of the best hitting prospects in baseball.

May not have had to do that if Montgomery not lost it, and Lamb not had TJ. At least he didn't stick his head in the sand and let it ride.

Edited by jammahawk (06/18/13 12:33 PM)

#1926004 - 06/18/13 12:36 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: jammahawk]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

I know where you're coming from, but I just don't think you can't not look at what you gave up.

It was an obviously risky deal. Potential move that can set your franchise way back and get you fired.

I also don't think you can look at the deal without talking about Frenchy.

#1926030 - 06/18/13 01:24 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: kylecof11]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Originally Posted By: kylecof11
Originally Posted By: jammahawk

And the moves Dayton made this offseason have significantly helped the team. KC has the best ERA in the AL. The starting pitchers go deep in to the games which keeps the bullpen fresh. This team would be in 4th place or last this year with Myers in the field and Hochevar in the rotation. He has been way better in the bullpen.

I am kind of late to this discussion...but completely agree with this. So far I think KC came out of this trade pretty good. Really Elliot Johnson hasn't played to bad either. Shields and Davis have eaten innings up and really have pitched pretty well. Their win loss record doesn't show it like it could. Shields especially has pitched really well and hasn't been rewarded in the W/L column.

Sure Will Myers may end up pretty good...but we haven't even seen it at the MLB level and I have seen many phenoms in the minors that it doesn't translate to the majors.

I am happy with this trade at this point. I think our OF positions could be fine anyway going forward. Cain is playing well and Gordon obviously goes without saying. I really wonder if we don't keep seeing a lot of David Lough in Left. I also think Dyson will always have a spot on the team mainly because of that speed and the threat of him as a pinch runner.

I would always take good starting pitching over an outfielder...and I think Dayton got this one right. Hopefully it will pan out!

Go Hawks!!

DC

#1926031 - 06/18/13 01:27 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Myers 0-2 in Boston so far today. Dayton wins!

#1926041 - 06/18/13 01:54 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

BUST!!!!!

#1926116 - 06/18/13 03:30 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
0-2 in his debut?

Sucks.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1926210 - 06/18/13 06:02 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

WOW 0-3 WITH A STRIKEOUT!!!

KC WON THIS TRADEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1926213 - 06/18/13 06:10 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

#1927931 - 06/22/13 02:15 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Grand slam for Myers against Yanks.

#1927939 - 06/22/13 02:48 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence

Which should have come in a Royals uniform - Moore needs to be fired

#1927945 - 06/22/13 03:23 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: yoda

Which should have come in a Royals uniform - Moore needs to be fired

Nah, Royals can't hit home runs because of the K, even when they're on the road. Remember?

#1928014 - 06/22/13 07:58 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence
Thanks for reminding me.

While no doubt Shields is a really good pitcher, you can already tell this trade is well on it's way to blowing up in Moore's face. Sorry, but trading Wil for a 31-year old pitcher is ridiculous.

Trading Wil for Gerrit Cole would have made sense

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview