Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2016761 - 04/09/17 11:35 PM Frank and the 2017 Draft
Goober Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I went to three different draft sites for the 2017 NBA Draft. His average was the 10th PG picked. 10th PG! I'll take him every time. It's all about him being 5'10". Somebody is going to get a steal. Sucks for him getting paid though.

#2017052 - 04/29/17 07:19 PM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Goober]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
When I see FM I see alot of Allen Iverson. Frank has the complete package. Drive to the hole and score even over bigs. Great three point shooter. He'll still have to develop a mid-range game. Defense is outstanding as Buddy Hield said he was the best defender he's ever faced. I just can't see a reason to keep him off the floor. Probably not a starter but will be a great role player.

#2017063 - 04/30/17 05:30 PM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Goober]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
He was a great college player. Thats about the sum of it. He is a competitor, and will make a team, but he isn't athletic enough(Iverson comparison) or tall enough. I just watched more NBA playoff basketball this week since I was in High school and the game doesn't fit for what Mason can do. He can do a lot and will be a roll player, but just don't see him ever being what John Wall and Chris Paul are. There is a reason why he is 10 pgs deep.

The one thing that can't be measured on the floor in comparison is his leadership and mental toughness. Those attributes will get him on a team.

#2017065 - 04/30/17 06:17 PM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Goober]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
He will never make the league. Not consistently.

#2017066 - 04/30/17 07:48 PM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Goober]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
I think he will get a shot this upcoming season on a team, but it has to be a team that only needs someone to be a game manager. Cleveland seems to be a decent fit for a rookie like Frank. More than likely he will be a D-league player for a couple of seasons and then move on to Europe. Sheron, Tyshaun, and others have failed to make any real serious attempt to make it on a NBA roster.

#2017073 - 05/01/17 07:12 AM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Jaycat92]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
TT couldn't carry FM jockstrap.

#2017085 - 05/02/17 05:28 PM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Jaycat92]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jaycat92
I think he will get a shot this upcoming season on a team, but it has to be a team that only needs someone to be a game manager. Cleveland seems to be a decent fit for a rookie like Frank. More than likely he will be a D-league player for a couple of seasons and then move on to Europe. Sheron, Tyshaun, and others have failed to make any real serious attempt to make it on a NBA roster.
Not sure I agree. Mason is head and shoulders above TT and Sheron. He may well play in the D-League but I still like his chances.

#2017099 - 05/02/17 10:57 PM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Goober]
Happy Birthday bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Isaiah Thomas goes for 52 tonight. Frank can play in the NBA

#2017103 - 05/03/17 07:38 AM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: 58hawk]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Mason is head and shoulders above TT and Sheron.

TT does not deserve to be in the same conversation with SC and FM. Both SC and FM are all time great JAYHAWKS. Both SC and FM will forever be remembered up in the rafters.

FM will get his shot.

#2017107 - 05/03/17 09:56 AM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Goober]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
NBAdraft.net project 2nd round. Svi no longer listed in the 2nd round

2018 Draft Lagerald Vick is in the 1st round and four other KU players in the 2nd.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

#2017216 - 05/10/17 05:00 PM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Jaycat92]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
He was a great college player. Thats about the sum of it. He is a competitor, and will make a team, but he isn't athletic enough(Iverson comparison) or tall enough. I just watched more NBA playoff basketball this week since I was in High school and the game doesn't fit for what Mason can do. He can do a lot and will be a roll player, but just don't see him ever being what John Wall and Chris Paul are. There is a reason why he is 10 pgs deep.

The one thing that can't be measured on the floor in comparison is his leadership and mental toughness. Those attributes will get him on a team.

Jaycat92 nailed it. Great analysis.

#2017232 - 05/11/17 10:28 AM Re: Frank and the 2017 Draft [Re: Jaycat92]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Isn't athletic enough? Like Fran says that is one of his strengths.

Preview