Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2016632 - 04/05/17 04:24 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: dgless21]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Please don't judge Michhawk too harshly.

He's one of those outdated right-wingers who are embittered because they can't adjust to changing times. They fear change and progress. So.they must demonize those who don't through labels and name calling.

Thus "snowflakes". His favorite perjorative.

Right-wingers think this is funny. They are closed-minded. When you label someone it means you don't have to consider their viewpoint on anything. Their viewpoint is irrelevant, because they are "snowflakes" after all.

He has a special scorn for millennials. For whatever reason, millennials are to be marginalized. Otherwise, their opinions might provoke thought, which is anethema to the right-wing. Being open minded and exposed to other points of view makes their heads hurt.

They want to forever live in the past consigning the rest of us to suffer there with them.

They even have a cute little phrase for it--Making America Great Again.

Edited by jahawker2004 (04/05/17 04:50 PM)

#2016640 - 04/05/17 06:17 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Once again good stats 1952. Have we gone to politics now?

#2016641 - 04/05/17 06:33 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: bigdogjac]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
"It is likely watered down for the millennial snowflakes that have the attention span of a gnat and a brain the size of a pea."

"It's too bad you millennial snowflakes don't have the makeup to enjoy the journey."

"The snowflakes will flush a great journey right down the crapper if their team does not win it all in March-April."

One-trick pony. Even though I agree with the last sentiment (sans snowflakes).

#2016653 - 04/06/17 08:08 AM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Yer one of them snowflakes. Did you curl up in a cry room and diddle the silly puddy to help you get through it. You should form a protest to protest it.

Don't worry. Gen X will get you through it. We have been your entire life.

#2016669 - 04/07/17 01:19 AM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Roy's prayer before each NCAA Tournament, "Please don't let me meet up with Bill's team."

Somewhere on this board someone said that Roy owned Bill in the tournament. That certainly is true if you are talking about NCAA Tourney Championships and they were. So hats off to Roy and his three national championships. But that statement about Roy owning Bill isn't totally true. Roy and Bill have met three times in the tourney. Bill's team has won all three times -- 2008 -- 84-66, 2012 -- 80-67 and 2013 -- 70-58. Each of those victories were by 12 or more points. The largest margin, 18 points, was when UNC was the top # 1 seed.

So Roy may own Bill when it comes to national championships, but not when meeting head to head in the tourney, thus Roy's prayer. He has good reason for such a prayer.

#2016671 - 04/07/17 04:04 AM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Roy's prayer before each NCAA Tournament, "Please don't let me meet up with Bill's team."

Somewhere on this board someone said that Roy owned Bill in the tournament. That certainly is true if you are talking about NCAA Tourney Championships and they were. So hats off to Roy and his three national championships. But that statement about Roy owning Bill isn't totally true. Roy and Bill have met three times in the tourney. Bill's team has won all three times -- 2008 -- 84-66, 2012 -- 80-67 and 2013 -- 70-58. Each of those victories were by 12 or more points. The largest margin, 18 points, was when UNC was the top # 1 seed.

So Roy may own Bill when it comes to national championships, but not when meeting head to head in the tourney, thus Roy's prayer. He has good reason for such a prayer.

ITP: Beating a single coach head-to-head is better than hanging a banner.

#2016679 - 04/07/17 09:54 AM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

You can spin it however you want, but that's not what was said.

#2016680 - 04/07/17 12:08 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
You can spin it however you want, but that's not what was said.

What was said was more meaningless fanboi tripe from you. Kudos.

#2016681 - 04/07/17 12:21 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Bout time for you to move on. Or change your subject. Your annual beating of this same dead horse has played its' self out.

See you same time same place this time next year.

#2016687 - 04/07/17 01:55 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: MICHHAWK]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Bout time for you to move on. Or change your subject. Your annual beating of this same dead horse has played its' self out.

See you same time same place this time next year.
Both JW 58 beat up horses REAL good!😜

#2016688 - 04/07/17 02:10 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawk_4_life2 Offline
John Brown

Loc: one foot in slave state one fo...
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
You're the one that needs the fish oil. I am the one that caught your mistake,. And who outside of West and maybe one other complains about Bill's tournament failures around here. I know the local yokels have to pump up themselves about all things Kansas for that warm fuzzy feeling. Really outside of KU basketball the state ain't got much going on. That's why they call it flyover country. Try going on a vacation and quit obsessing about Bill's greatness. Bottom line in as far as closing the deal tournament wise. Roy owns him.

WHAT?? Ok How? I'm not doing all that research but my god. Self had missing pieces and everyone knew that if Frank couldn't get to the hole and Jackson was in foul trouble, KU was in trouble. Lucas not being a threat and Jackson getting that 2nd foul put them in a hole!! after that Graham freaked out and tried to shoot himself out of the cold streak.. If Jackson doesn't pick up that foul they win that game!! CAn't prove it but that's what I believe!!!

Roy won 0 at KU.. has had a great run at UNC.. but I don't know if any of those top 5-10 coaches can say they own any of the others!!!

#2016700 - 04/07/17 03:28 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Ok...maybe so. Dang 2004 whipped up on Michhawk right proper in this thread. But Michhawk is correct about one thing. Jimbo West has got to go.

#2016701 - 04/07/17 03:54 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

JimWest is eternal.

#2016704 - 04/07/17 04:07 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Errr. ..infernal. .like an infernal dimwitted Nancy boy. Originally fueled by his ethanol fueled western Kansas uncles that took turns making you squeal like a pig. Jusayin

#2016705 - 04/07/17 04:10 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
BS won at Oral Roberts.
BS won at Tulsa.
BS won at Illinois.
BS won at KU

RW fell into wins at KU
RW fell into wins at UNC

Pretty plain to see who is the better coach.

Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 >

Preview