Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2016682 - 04/07/17 12:29 PM Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking...
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
BillSelf?

Every day another article from someone yakking about the greatness of BillSelf. Dam, you'd think he'd just led the boys through the Battle of Tarawa or something. I don't pay much attention to KU MBB, but that guy is getting more credit for losing in the Elite Eight again than any coach in history. RoyWilliams academic diversion attempt at UNC is child's play relative to the LJW attempt to quell any sort of revolt against BillSelf's mediocre performance in the tournament over the last 5 years or so.

Reminds me of DOCTOR Tom Osborne's annual rotation through the Rotary Clubs of Nebraska's rubber chicken pot lucks back in the 1980s after their latest loss to Miami in the Orange Bowl.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Edited by John_Brown (04/07/17 02:38 PM)

#2016683 - 04/07/17 01:12 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: John_Brown]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
It is because HCBS was just inducted into the Naismith HOF. If it does not interest you than do not click on it. Pretty simple really.

Take way less time and energy to not click on it than it did to write your 150 word essay gripping about clicking on something that does not interest you.

#2016684 - 04/07/17 01:36 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
"I don't pay much attention to MBBL" should have been the last words posted and read.

#2016689 - 04/07/17 02:11 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Don't give JB too much grief, he's a Hawk GRID fan, not too damn many of that breed alive anymore...even in captivity!

That said, Mangino didn't get 1% of the current love HCBS gets from the LJW after winning the freaking Orange Bowl. Hell Mangino didn't even get 10% of the LJW love Beaty gets for winning 2 games after winning two bowl games in a row.

#2016690 - 04/07/17 02:11 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: John_Brown]
jayhawk_4_life2 Offline
John Brown

Loc: one foot in slave state one fo...
Originally Posted By: John_Brown
BillSelf?

Every day another article from someone yakking about the greatness of BillSelf. Dam, you'd think he'd just led the boys through the Battle of Tarawa or something. I don't pay much attention to KU MBB, but that guy is getting more credit for losing in the Elite Eight again than any coach in history. RoyWilliams academic diversion attempt at UNC is child's play relative to the LJW attempt to quell any sort of revolt against BillSelf's mediocre performance in the tournament over the last 5 years or so.

Reminds me of DOCTOR Tom Osborne's annual rotation through the Rotary Club's of Nebraska rubber chicken pot lucks back in the 1980s after their latest loss to Miami in the Orange Bowl.

Sooooo don't talk about the guy who has tied the conference championships streak and was just inducted into the HOF? WOW I can't... I just can't!!!

#2016692 - 04/07/17 02:19 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: MICHHAWK]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Isn't every KU MBB coach in the HOF? It's part of the job. Given the resources this University devotes to MBB, a monkey could make the HOF coaching KU basketball. What Bill needs to start doing is putting more hardware in the trophy case and a little less cult of personality. Til he does that, I'd take some more articles about the football program's gradual improvement and fewer about the greatness of BillSelf.

#2016694 - 04/07/17 02:24 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: beenahawk]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Don't give JB too much grief, he's a Hawk GRID fan, not too damn many of that breed alive anymore...even in captivity!

That said, Mangino didn't get 1% of the current love HCBS gets from the LJW after winning the freaking Orange Bowl. Hell Mangino didn't even get 10% of the LJW love Beaty gets for winning 2 games after winning two bowl games in a row.

"I've seen KU fans cheer harder after a missed free throw."-HC Glen Mason on the KU crowd after his first game in Memorial.

Had we given Mase/theBuddha 10% of the press BillSelf is getting right now, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in. Come on LJW, be a newspaper and not a fluff machine.

#2016695 - 04/07/17 02:26 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Cannot write football success stories until there is one.

#2016697 - 04/07/17 02:53 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

Shouldn't ignore the elephant in the room. Unlike Bill, Saban gets to big games and wins em. Yet he doesn't get this kinda publicity from the Tuscaloosa paper.

W/ KUFootball, the story isn't the success. It's the journey. Mangino was a sports reporter's dream. A quote machine and a walking physical dichotomy who dam near played for a MNC at the UofKansas. That '04 Texas game when he walked into that press conference and flipped off the Big12 was glorious. That's a story. Yet the LJW refused to stroke the guy when he needed it after he lost a couple of games like they've stroked BillSelf for another collapse. Makes me mad.

Edited by John_Brown (04/07/17 02:55 PM)

#2016728 - 04/09/17 09:25 AM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: John_Brown]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
the self strokes offset the crime articles.

#2016730 - 04/09/17 10:41 AM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: tmcats
the self strokes offset the crime articles.
Yea, the guy doesn't have a statue made of himself out front either Bob.

#2016735 - 04/09/17 03:16 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: John_Brown]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Shouldn't ignore the elephant in the room. Unlike Bill, Saban gets to big games and wins em. Yet he doesn't get this kinda publicity from the Tuscaloosa paper.

W/ KUFootball, the story isn't the success. It's the journey. Mangino was a sports reporter's dream. A quote machine and a walking physical dichotomy who dam near played for a MNC at the UofKansas. That '04 Texas game when he walked into that press conference and flipped off the Big12 was glorious. That's a story. Yet the LJW refused to stroke the guy when he needed it after he lost a couple of games like they've stroked BillSelf for another collapse. Makes me mad.

Finally, we know why MM never sniffed a championship in 9 years. The LJW didn't print enough articles about how great a coach he was If only the LJW would have printed a story about his greatness.

#2016741 - 04/09/17 05:41 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: vmlb]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

The LJW pumped a lot of sunshine for Weis. Under new ownership the LJW's Keegan and Smith have provided more realistic coverage of KU football.

Edited by pizzanbeer (04/09/17 05:42 PM)

#2016747 - 04/09/17 06:57 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: vmlb]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: vmlb

Finally, we know why MM never sniffed a championship in 9 years. The LJW didn't print enough articles about how great a coach he was If only the LJW would have printed a story about his greatness.

Not winning a championship was on Mangino and his crew. Not supporting the most successful coach in KUFootball history is on us. The LJW could've been dumping stories on SweetLew's chickenchit backstabbing in 2009 and broken up the narrative. The stories were there. Just recently they published a story about how the cop knew about the ticket scandal a year afore it came out.

Meanwhile, Bill rocks through a scandal clad season and blows another elite 8 attempt. Then 3 weeks worth of sugar coating for the guy. Why the variance in treatment?

Edited by John_Brown (04/09/17 06:58 PM)

#2016760 - 04/09/17 11:20 PM Re: Anyone else tired of the LJW stroking... [Re: vmlb]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: vmlb
Finally, we know why MM never sniffed a championship in 9 years.

We've been over this. No one in their right mind could possibly say that Mangino never "sniffed" a championship. There's a trophy in the case proving otherwise.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview