Page 11 of 24 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017047 - 04/29/17 02:24 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

I was going through the archives of the message board and came across this post by georgiahawk on 04/21/08. It gave me a pretty good chuckle and I thought that it might lighten things up a bit.

"Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven , God was missing for six days.

Eventually, Michael the Archangel found Him, resting, on the seventh day.

He inquired of God, 'Where have you been?'

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards
through the clouds, 'Look Michael, look what I've made!'

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, 'What is it?'

'It's a planet,' replied God, and I've put life on it. I'm going to
call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance.'

'Balance?' inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth. 'For example,
Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth,
while southern Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there
will be a hot spot. And over there I've placed a continent of white
people, while over here is a continent of black people.'

God continued, pointing to different countries.

'This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very
cold and covered in ice.'

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to an area of
rolling hills and prairie on a large land mass and said, 'What's that
beautiful garden spot there?'

'Ah,' said God. 'That's Kansas , the most glorious place on earth.
There are beautiful lakes, rivers, sunrises, sunsets, rolling hills,
open prairie, oceans of waving wheat, small water falls, monumental
rock formations, abundant wildlife, pure white snow in the winter,
white fluffy clouds, blue skies year-round, and a place where a
person can see millions of stars in the sky at night.'

God continued, 'I will call the people from Kansas Jayhawks, and they
will be modest, intelligent and humorous and they are going to be
found traveling the world. They will be extremely sociable, hard
working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the
world as diplomats and carriers of peace. They will be great athletes
and awesome champions in football and basketball.'

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, 'What
about balance, God? You said there would be balance!'

God replied wisely, 'Wait until you see the idiots I'm putting next
to them in Missouri.!"

#2017048 - 04/29/17 03:31 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Facts and titles will shut him up. Not insults...but yeah he is an idiotic troll. But I will reiterate that KU should have a few more titles. I mean do we give up on Bill getting another one if it doesn't happen in the next 3-5 years. Especially if he loses in the E8 game again several more times. I hope it happens but if not maybe it will be time for him to make the leap to the NBA.

My intent is not particularly to insult, only to state the facts. Insulting is not what I like to do to anyone no matter who they are. But when the word "pipsqueak" came to mind I had to look it up to see what it exactly meant. Here is the definition: "pipsqueak >noun informal a small, insignificant or contemptible person." That kind of seemed to fit the one in consideration, thus, stating a fact.

Hmmmm . . . . maybe you are correct, that does kind of sound like an insult, fact or not! smile

You do strike me as the kind of person to begin every speech with "Webster's dictionary defines _______ as...."

#2017049 - 04/29/17 04:55 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: JimWest
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Facts and titles will shut him up. Not insults...but yeah he is an idiotic troll. But I will reiterate that KU should have a few more titles. I mean do we give up on Bill getting another one if it doesn't happen in the next 3-5 years. Especially if he loses in the E8 game again several more times. I hope it happens but if not maybe it will be time for him to make the leap to the NBA.

My intent is not particularly to insult, only to state the facts. Insulting is not what I like to do to anyone no matter who they are. But when the word "pipsqueak" came to mind I had to look it up to see what it exactly meant. Here is the definition: "pipsqueak >noun informal a small, insignificant or contemptible person." That kind of seemed to fit the one in consideration, thus, stating a fact.

Hmmmm . . . . maybe you are correct, that does kind of sound like an insult, fact or not! smile

You do strike me as the kind of person to begin every speech with "Webster's dictionary defines _______ as...."

Cognizance, apprehension or knowledge of the essence, sense or meaning of terms, vocables or words appear, look or seem completely, utterly or quite significant, valuable or important. I've made many posts on this board during the past 9+ years, but believe that this is the first time I've ever defined a word, though occasionally it becomes needful. Actually your statement is inaccurate, however, I accept it as a compliment.

#2017055 - 04/30/17 08:54 AM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
If you want to argue between one another take it to the Rock Chalk Smack board or private messaging. If you want to talk about hoops then do so. I say we give Bill another 5 yrs to win a title. If he doesn't then like Hudler says "HE'S GOT TO GO". In other words time to change the mojo.

#2017060 - 04/30/17 01:49 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

If you want to argue between one another take it to the Rock Chalk Smack board or private messaging. If you want to talk about hoops then do so. I say we give Bill another 5 yrs to win a title. If he doesn't then like Hudler says "HE'S GOT TO GO". In other words time to change the mojo.

So 15 years between titles is ok with you?

#2017064 - 04/30/17 06:15 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Has your gay team done better. The Blue Oyster Flaming Assholes. Stfu Nancy boy I will curb stomp your cock suking noggin. Of course its not ok..but I hope he gets one next year. Don't forget your chapstick Susie.

#2017077 - 05/01/17 09:08 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

My Phogy friend. I’ve been gone a couple of days and in getting back I’ve become concerned about you. It appears that you are getting a bit grumpy, grouchy and bossy. I’ve heard that those are the best signs of senility setting in. smile

#2017079 - 05/02/17 09:26 AM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Originally Posted By: Jaycat92
Football is why we are stuck with Addidas. No other shoe companies are willing to give us a deal. If you have noticed Nike and Jordan Brand players usually don't go here. They go to UK, UNC, Duke, and Arizona. Don't quote me, but I think we are one of 12 schools that are still with Addidas? We are one of a few that are power 5. Nike players (aau) sign with Nike programs......catch the drift now.........?

The issue was that Adidas would also give all the non-revenue sports a deal too.

Yep. Adidas had basically everything to do with the non-revenue sports.

So do we change directions in 2019 when our 26M/6 year extension ends?

Does Nike/UA improve on Adidas' offer?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2017080 - 05/02/17 03:31 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Not sure what all this Nike and Adidas stuff has to do with Self and the team. But Self just pulled in another mediocre transfer from William and Mary. Tall whitey that looks like TJ Whatley of old. Wtf is going on 3 schollies on non playing transfers and now this doofus. Word has it Svi ain't coming back. This team will stink it up next season.

#2017081 - 05/02/17 05:24 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

I’ve decided to add another chart which updates my last one. It shows the number of years considered for a coach and the years it took to win the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. NCAA titles. The Years are based on either when they began at their current coaching job or started at a school that NCAA Tourney’s are expected. A second category is where the years start in which a coach first took a team to the NCAA Tourney. For example, Coach K’s starts with his job at Duke. This first category would also include Roy, Donovan, Boeheim and Izzo. Self’s begins when he first took Tulsa to the NCAA Tourney. This second category would include Calhoun, Pitino, Cal and Wright. Calhoun and Donovan are non-active NCAA coaches but won recent titles. The first five are listed according to the number of titles won. The second five are listed in order of years considered.

Coach . . . . .Years. . .lst . .2nd . 3rd . .4th . . 5th
Coach K . . . . 37 . . . 11 . . 12 . . 21 . . 30 . . 35
Calhoun . . . . .32 . . . 19 . . 24 . .31
Roy . . . . . . . .29 . . . 17 . . 21 . .29
Pitino . . . . . . .27 . . . 10 . . 23
Donovan. . . . .19 . . . 10 . . 11
Boeheim . . . . 40 . . . .26
Izzo. . . . . . . . 23. . . . .5
Cal . . . . . . . . 22. . . . 17
Self. . . . . . . . 19 . . . .10
Wright . . . . . . 18 . . . .17

This shows that Izzo is the only coach that achieved his first title quicker than Self, but he hasn’t won one since, an 18 year drought. It also shows that Coach K and Donovan are the only coaches to reach their second title quicker than what is still possible for Self to do, with the exception of Wright who took 17 years to win his first and only.

#2017082 - 05/02/17 05:24 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Sounds like the W&M transfer is better then the Liberty transfer. The guy played well in the Duke game.

#2017084 - 05/02/17 05:27 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol...Selfs recruiting has stunk this year outside of Preston. Streak ends at 13.

#2017089 - 05/02/17 06:01 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
I don't understand whats going on with this transferring thing!!!!

We are KU, not Nebraska or Iowa St!

This isn't making any sense. Could Self be getting ready to bolt to the NBA next season? Is there unrealistic goals here of winning a title? Whats really going on with this recruiting all of a sudden?

#2017091 - 05/02/17 07:14 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jaycat92]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

As Michhawk said quite a few replies earlier, we are in the 21st century. Things are different now, especially in recruiting. All we can do is hang on and see what happens. I believe, or at least am hoping, that Bill knows what he is doing. I'll believe the best until it is proven that it was the worst! Time will tell. I'm sure that Self knows a lot more about what's going on behind the scenes than any of us.

#2017093 - 05/02/17 07:46 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Lightfoot is not ready. I think W&M guy has got to be better than Bragg. Can he catch the ball? I'm kinda tired of waiting in Duval.

Page 11 of 24 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 >

Preview