Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2016658 - 04/06/17 11:48 AM Re: Congrats to a Great Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Registered: 11/29/12
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
I don't believe you have proven anything, well at least about the Big 12 Conference.


We all get it, you love the Truckstop 10 and can't handle the truth.

Quote:
I think you have proven a lot about yourself.


I am that I am.

Quote:
If it is your desire to drive people from this board, then you are way out of line.


lol

Go ahead and join the other worthless, mindless fanbois at the knock-off site.

Quote:
Anyone who takes pleasure and/or makes it their goal to drive people from this board should themselves be removed from it by the powers that govern it.


lol again

"Mommy, he said something I don't agree with, kick him out please."

Quote:
Anyone who desires to express their opinion, as long as it doesn't violate the board rules, should feel free to do so.


Wait, what? lol

Contradict much?

Quote:
We all understand that there is going to always be disagreement concerning opinion.


Did you have a stroke mid-post?

Quote:
We may even sometimes needle each other and perhaps get under someone's skin. But to belittle anyone by trying to demean them is out of line. I recently thought that JW was starting to turn over a new leaf, but apparently I was greatly mistaken.


JimWest is not here to make friends.

Quote:
Just let it be known that he isn't going to run me off of this board. I am a true, died in the wool Jayhawk fan.


Great! Now start posting something worthwhile instead of fanboi tripe.

Quote:
But I do have serious reservations about his fan hood or loyalty to our Hawks.


2 questions:

1) Why does this matter?
2) Someone who actually cares about the University is more willing to criticize it than someone who just wants to look cool wearing a KU t-shirt. Guess which camp you are in?

Quote:
I think he is a fan of himself and that's about as far as it goes.


Truth
_________________________
I'm the slickest they is
I'm the quickest they is
Did I say I'm the slickest they is?

Top
#2016661 - 04/06/17 01:41 PM Re: Congrats to a Great Coach [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Registered: 01/18/08
Originally Posted By: JimWest
[quote=Jayhawk1952]I don't believe you have proven anything, well at least about the Big 12 Conference.


"We all get it, you love the Truckstop 10 and can't handle the truth."

All you have to offer is your biased opinion. I've at least shared a post showing how Jeff Sagarin rates the teams in the top six conferences. Other ratings are quite similar. The Big 12 ranked at the top at all levels of the ratings shown from top to bottom in the conferences. But I guess you have a hard time dealing with such things that disprove your opinions.

Quote:
I think you have proven a lot about yourself.


"I am that I am."

Yes, you just said a mouthful about yourself, and sadly, it is no news to anyone on this board.

Quote:
If it is your desire to drive people from this board, then you are way out of line.


"lol

Go ahead and join the other worthless, mindless fanbois at the knock-off site."

I consider no human worthless, you would do well to do the same.

Quote:
Anyone who takes pleasure and/or makes it their goal to drive people from this board should themselves be removed from it by the powers that govern it.


"lol again

"'Mommy, he said something I don't agree with, kick him out please.'"

Nothing was said in my comment about disagreeing with others. It has everything to do with taking pleasure in and making it a goal to drive people from this board. I never have such an attitude about anyone who disagrees with me. If everyone agreed with me on everything, then this would be a pretty sorry world. Disagreement can help bring improvement, if done in the right way.

Quote:
Anyone who desires to express their opinion, as long as it doesn't violate the board rules, should feel free to do so.


"Wait, what? lol

Contradict much?"

No contradiction. Learn to understand what you are reading.

Quote:
We all understand that there is going to always be disagreement concerning opinion.


"Did you have a stroke mid-post?"

Your comment is based on a great misunderstanding of what you read.

Quote:
We may even sometimes needle each other and perhaps get under someone's skin. But to belittle anyone by trying to demean them is out of line. I recently thought that JW was starting to turn over a new leaf, but apparently I was greatly mistaken.


"JimWest is not here to make friends."

One of the best things in life is to make friends, even with your enemies.

Quote:
Just let it be known that he isn't going to run me off of this board. I am a true, died in the wool Jayhawk fan.


"Great! Now start posting something worthwhile instead of fanboi tripe.

Based on various posts I've read, your opinion is vastly in the minority."

Quote:
But I do have serious reservations about his fan hood or loyalty to our Hawks.


"2 questions:

1) Why does this matter?
2) Someone who actually cares about the University is more willing to criticize it than someone who just wants to look cool wearing a KU t-shirt. Guess which camp you are in?"

(1) It matters because this is a Jayhawk fan board.
(2) Anyone who actually cares about something isn't always going to be a critic. If you can't say something good once in a while, then it is really a far stretch to say that you are a fan. I don't agree with everything Self, his players, or the University say or do and the same is true concerning other posters on this board. Like EVERYONE else,including me, you and everyone else on this board, we make mistakes. One of the things I really like about Self is that he can jump very hard on one of his players about something wrong he did and then in a few moments have his arm across his shoulders encouraging him. Criticism alone doesn't help anyone. I suspect your opinion as to what camp I'm in is dead wrong.

Quote:
I think he is a fan of himself and that's about as far as it goes.


"Truth"

That's about the most accurate statement you've ever made.


Edited by Jayhawk1952 (04/06/17 02:31 PM)

Top
#2016664 - 04/06/17 02:53 PM Re: Congrats to a Great Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Registered: 11/29/12
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
All you have to offer is your biased opinion. I've at least shared a post showing how Jeff Sagarin rates the teams in the top six conferences. Other ratings are quite similar. The Big 12 ranked at the top at all levels of the ratings shown from top to bottom in the conferences. But I guess you have a hard time dealing with such things that disprove your opinions.


Sagarin is not a results-oriented metric and similarly non-predictive.

Quote:
Yes, you just said a mouthful about yourself, and sadly, it is no news to anyone on this board.


k

Quote:
I consider no human worthless, you would do well to do the same.


Why? So I can pretend my life has meaning while I waste away on the farm like you?

Quote:
Nothing was said in my comment about disagreeing with others. It has everything to do with taking pleasure in and making it a goal to drive people from this board. I never have such an attitude about anyone who disagrees with me. If everyone agreed with me on everything, then this would be a pretty sorry world. Disagreement can help bring improvement, if done in the right way.


lol

You did have a stroke.

Quote:
No contradiction. Learn to understand what you are reading.


Call the ambulance.

Quote:
Your comment is based on a great misunderstanding of what you read.


Next of kin too.

Quote:
One of the best things in life is to make friends, even with your enemies.


Thanks, Sun Tzu.

Quote:
Based on various posts I've read, your opinion is vastly in the minority.


Genius is always in the minority.

Quote:
(1) It matters because this is a Jayhawk fan board.


WOO WOO WOO FANBOI POLICE

Quote:
(2) Anyone who actually cares about something isn't always going to be a critic.


Right, once you care about something you are supposed to turn a blind eye! Yee Haw I lOVe COWS

Quote:
If you can't say something good once in a while, then it is really a far stretch to say that you are a fan.


Learn to read. Learn to think. Learn to breathe?

Is the ambulance there yet?

Quote:
I don't agree with everything Self, his players, or the University say or do and the same is true concerning other posters on this board.


But but but the GREAT DEITY BILL SELF is infallible!

Quote:
Like EVERYONE else,including me, you and everyone else on this board, we make mistakes. One of the things I really like about Self is that he can jump very hard on one of his players about something wrong he did and then in a few moments have his arm across his shoulders encouraging him.


Notice how you aren't pointing to a fault in the GREAT DEITY BILL SELF, but rather further deifying him.

Quote:
Criticism alone doesn't help anyone. I suspect your opinion as to what camp I'm in is dead wrong.


No, but fanboi blather is really helpful!

Quote:
That's about the most accurate statement you've ever made.


Everything I have ever said has been accurate and beyond contestation.
_________________________
I'm the slickest they is
I'm the quickest they is
Did I say I'm the slickest they is?

Top
#2016665 - 04/06/17 03:21 PM Re: Congrats to a Great Coach [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Registered: 01/18/08
Some may think that it's great to live in such a world of delusion, but I'll pass on it.

Top
#2016666 - 04/06/17 03:43 PM Re: Congrats to a Great Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Registered: 11/29/12
_________________________
I'm the slickest they is
I'm the quickest they is
Did I say I'm the slickest they is?

Top
#2016667 - 04/06/17 04:00 PM Re: Congrats to a Great Coach [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Registered: 01/18/08
Originally Posted By: JimWest


That is speaking of a problem of the 19th century. It is no longer an element to be concerned about in the 21st century on the Great Plains. But here is something you might ought to be concerned about in the 21st century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

Top
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview