Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2017028 - 04/28/17 02:46 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: INation]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Tevon Duvall still undecided. NBA Draft will be soon for player declaring and returning.

http://247sports.com/Player/Trevon-Duval-36812

Andrew White had a nice senior year for those who remember him. I was disappointed to see him leave. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61616/andrew-white-iii

Stephie Musso

#2017031 - 04/28/17 05:01 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: INation]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Duvall will be a Dukie. The only scenario that plays out is if Svi stays in draft, but I don't think he is coming here. Guessing Duke has the upper hand right now.

#2017044 - 04/29/17 12:22 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: INation]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
I thought Graham already announced he is coming back. Did I miss something here?

#2017045 - 04/29/17 01:00 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: INation]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I don't know if you missed anything. I guess some think we are still recruiting Duval, which we might be still, bit don't think we land him with our current roster situation.

Graham
Newman
Udoka
Preston
Vick
Thats what I see for a starting 5 for next season. Leaves us with a small rotation of Cunliffe, Coleby, Lightfoot, and Garrett. Duvall would be a nice addition yet, but I think Svi will come back and then he is a starter with Vick coming down as a super sub.

#2017046 - 04/29/17 01:31 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: Jaycat92]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

It would seem to me that Graham, Newman and Preston are likely starters. Not sure about the other two spots. I am wondering what Self knows. It seems unlikely that he would pass on Duvel if he thought there was a good chance of getting him. So why did he go with Moore? Perhaps he strongly thinks Svi is going NBA and so still has a chance for Duval. Maybe he knew that Duvel was a no go and so Moore was a good get no matter what Svi does. I guess only time will settle all the dust and we'll know exactly where we stand. Whatever, the next two years look like they could be exciting with a lot of potential.

#2017051 - 04/29/17 07:10 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: Maximus]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: Maximus
Tevon Duvall still undecided. NBA Draft will be soon for player declaring and returning.

http://247sports.com/Player/Trevon-Duval-36812

Andrew White had a nice senior year for those who remember him. I was disappointed to see him leave. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61616/andrew-white-iii

Stephie Musso
No PT = Transferring. Looks like he can play in the NBA after watching him at Syracuse.

#2017067 - 04/30/17 07:55 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: INation]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

White3 can't play defense. He will never even make a roster or hardly see any PT. He might get some D-league time, but won't get much else. He wasn't even the best player on the team at Nebraska last year. Talent to be a great one, but no work ethic. If he would have given alittle bit more here, he might very well have been a NBA caliber player.

#2017172 - 05/08/17 08:39 AM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: INation]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Does Kansas need Tevon Duvall

Of course, he's a upgrade. Graham will do OK at the point but a one and done is better than a Europe bench guard.

The spring signing period for college basketball players ends on May 17.

Tiffany Taylor

#2017174 - 05/08/17 01:26 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: Maximus]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
I will accept this duvall kid if he wants to come. But if I have to pick between either Honey Graham or this duvall kid, I take Honey Graham every time.

#2017175 - 05/08/17 01:58 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: INation]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
I agree 100% Mich!

#2017178 - 05/08/17 03:59 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: bigdogjac]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Graham knows the coach, system and some of the players. No learning curve except to get better. He's already pretty good. He's much better prepared to lead our team than Duvall, even if Duvall might be a better player. Duvall would have to learn all that Graham already knows. Yeah, Graham's the choice, if there's one to be made.

#2017180 - 05/08/17 05:23 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Graham knows the coach, system and some of the players. No learning curve except to get better. He's already pretty good. He's much better prepared to lead our team than Duvall, even if Duvall might be a better player. Duvall would have to learn all that Graham already knows. Yeah, Graham's the choice, if there's one to be made.
He will be the team leader no doubt (Graham).

#2017184 - 05/08/17 10:37 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: INation]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

At this point do we even have enough room for Duvall?

I would say that between Malik and Graham we are covered at the pg position. Graham will be our lead guard, and thats going to be ok.

Duvall being a pg, would more than likely be in an offense that allows for pg's to dominate the game. Sure Frank was that man this season, but we all know Self prefers inside out first. I don't think Duvall would get the full "trust factor" until mid-season at best. Frank earned that trust for 4 years and knew his limits.

#2017214 - 05/10/17 04:52 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
It would seem to me that Graham, Newman and Preston are likely starters. Not sure about the other two spots. I am wondering what Self knows. It seems unlikely that he would pass on Duvel if he thought there was a good chance of getting him. So why did he go with Moore? Perhaps he strongly thinks Svi is going NBA and so still has a chance for Duval. Maybe he knew that Duvel was a no go and so Moore was a good get no matter what Svi does. I guess only time will settle all the dust and we'll know exactly where we stand. Whatever, the next two years look like they could be exciting with a lot of potential.

Very thoughtful post (as always) Jayhawk1952, but--

Is there any doubt Doke is a starter next season? He should be a dominating offensive (and defensive) factor in the paint. It's the only thing we lacked last season.

Moore was a great get by Coach Self. We have a legitimate pg for 2018-19 no matter what happens on the recruiting front going forward. Since he's sitting a year, whatever Duval decides is a moot point.

I'm excited about next season, but absolutely drooling over the 2018-19 team and Self's not even done putting it together yet.

#2017224 - 05/10/17 06:10 PM Re: Next Starting 5 [Re: INation]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
If there are no more scholarships then he is done. I guess the main question is Svi coming back or not.????

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview