Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2016590 - 04/04/17 07:02 AM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
"McDougald may have opportunities at offseason reps while Thomas comes back from a broken leg and Chancellor’s rehabbing from ankle surgery, but he’s a depth signing there."So says one NBC Sports writer (Darin Gantt) I just looked up for you. Confirmed my comment.

The comments from a sports writer hardly compare to comments from the head coach and general manager who targeted and acquired the player for a purpose. I'll certainly take their word for their plans and intentions concerning a specific player over some sports writer.
Sports writer didn't just pay a guy any money to sit on the bench. HC, GM, organization did. He will play as a backup does in the NFL. A good Kansas player from the worst era of Kansas football IMO.

#2016645 - 04/05/17 06:46 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: dgless21]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
My understanding is the Seahawks use a 4-2-5 defense.

Sherman and Lane make up the corners.
Thomas and Chancellor are the safeties.

McDougald, from the discussion online and on ESPN's NFL Live, would be competing for a bit of a do-it-all position playing a linebacker/hybrid safety that also performs the duties of a nickel corner from time to time if he can manage and what the staff wants to do with him.
Ah, a poster who actually knows something about the discussion.

#2016647 - 04/05/17 06:58 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
McDougald seems to have done a solid job with Tampa to work himself into a starter. He got a lot of tackles but I believe a lot of it was because of scheme, as in "let them throw short and then come up and make the tackle". Sounds like a safety's job.

Based on his success as a coach, I'm guessing Carroll has a niche he wants McDougald to fill and felt it was worth the money.

#2016660 - 04/06/17 01:01 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: PbBut]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: PbBut
McDougald seems to have done a solid job with Tampa to work himself into a starter. He got a lot of tackles but I believe a lot of it was because of scheme, as in "let them throw short and then come up and make the tackle". Sounds like a safety's job.

Based on his success as a coach, I'm guessing Carroll has a niche he wants McDougald to fill and felt it was worth the money.
Niche player for a reasonable price.

#2016673 - 04/07/17 08:25 AM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2016678 - 04/07/17 08:56 AM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Hope he does well. Might be done for the future when one of the safety leaves in Free Agency

#2016685 - 04/07/17 01:38 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

His odds of playing don't seem too high off the ESPN article.

#2016715 - 04/08/17 11:05 AM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: jayhawk_4_life2]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: jayhawk_4_life2
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Here in Denver, we have a couple decent safeties that came from KU. You don't see me drone on and on and on. Act like we have been there before Appy.

I'm not a Donkey follower but I believe the two KU players that are there playing are CB. That is a much different position than safety at the NFL level. In fact, those two CB are a little more than decent:

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/...denver-broncos/
Just read 49'ers are moving their safety to cornerback for 2017. Jimmy Ward. Yes, it's a "much different position"!!

That must be "useless information" according to Appy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview