Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2016304 - 03/23/17 02:59 PM KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills

www.cappersoverlay.com

#2016334 - 03/24/17 10:28 AM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Updated with a ton of stuff from McDougald himself.
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/03/23/safety-bradley-mcdougald-%E2%80%9Cmore-excited%E2%80%9D-sign-seahawks

www.cappersoverlay.com

#2016478 - 03/28/17 10:36 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Still more from GM Schneider on McDougald...

"2. The Seahawks are excited about landing safety Bradley McDougald.
Even though the Seahawks have a pair of Pro Bowlers starting at safety, when they saw a chance to sign Bradley McDougald, who was previously a starting safety in Tampa Bay, they felt like they couldn’t pass on that chance to add another talented player to their secondary. Schneider even went as far as to compare it to the signing of Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril in the 2013 offseason, moves that are widely regarded as two of the best free-agency additions the Seahawks have made under Schneider and head coach Pete Carroll.
“He was just too good of a player for us,” Schneider said of McDougald. “It was very similar to when we ran into Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril several years ago, it was just a player who we had rated very highly as an unrestricted guy. We loved what he did last year with 90-some tackles and the guy was still out there (in free agency). It’s one of those deals where, again, we have a good relationship with his agent, they reached out to us, his market didn’t exactly go exactly where he wanted, so that’s where we were able to kind of work out a one-year deal with him and see where it goes.”
How exactly McDougald fits into the secondary remains to be seen, but Schneider indicated he very well could have a role in the defense beyond just serving as a backup to Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor.
“Honestly, he’s got coverage skills, too—he could play wherever you want,” Schneider said. “But at the very least he’s going to compete at free safety, strong safety, he could play some nickel, he could play all over the place. It’s going to be, can he take that step with our defensive staff and all the teaching and everything, all the different technique that goes into it, the work that those guys do to improve his game? As of last year he had a really nice season.”

www.cappersoverlay.com

#2016482 - 03/29/17 07:10 AM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Well, he is a backup at Seattle. Nice.

#2016522 - 03/31/17 10:50 AM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
carp Offline
Baby Jay

Dumbass Turner Gil moved Bradley to receiver ,thank God he got back to playing safety. Tobin was also moved from running back to defensive end by Gil, he was moved back to Rb in the NFL.

#2016547 - 04/02/17 04:34 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Just to underscore (or scratch a line through...) KOOK level insight, here is another more recent page regarding Seattle's enthusiasm over McDougald.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/03/29/seahawks-could-%E2%80%9Ctweak-things%E2%80%9D-secondary-signing-safety-bradley-mcdougald

McDougald’s résumé, which includes two years as a starter and 91 tackles last season, suggests that he could be more than just a backup to two of the league’s best safeties, and Seahawks coach Pete Carroll made it clear Wednesday that they indeed see McDougald as someone who can help them on defense even when their two Pro Bowl safeties, Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor, are on the field.
“He’s a good football player,” Carroll said at the NFL Annual Meetings. “Played really aggressive and tough, was excited about coming here to help us out. Shoot, I think he’s a great guy to add. He has the kind of mentality in guys we are looking for. Has a chip on his shoulder, wants to prove it, he has always had to do that—make his own way. So he’s coming in here to battle with us. It’s a great addition.
“He has been good enough in the past to move guys around on their own team. There’s a chance we can be creative with some stuff and we’ll look forward to figuring that out.”
So what does “getting creative” mean when it comes to McDougald? It won’t mean a switch to cornerback, but it could mean some three-safety looks on defense, something the Seahawks haven’t done much of in the past. Traditionally, the Seahawks—and most teams for that matter—bring on a third cornerback to replace a linebacker when they play nickel defense, but as much nickel as teams play these days, there are situations where going with an extra safety, especially one as talented as McDougald, might make sense.
“There are ways for us to play a bigger nickel group, and we’re wide open to that flexibility and with Earl and with Kam,” Carroll said. “We played over 800 snaps of nickel last year, the most we’ve ever played by far, and there’s different opportunities in early-down situations to vary your groups, which we’ve done sometimes in the past already. We’re open to the competition of it and what the players bring. If they can bring something, hopefully we’ll identify it and we’ll figure out how to tweak things so we can do that. There’s a lot of opportunity for us.”

www.cappersoverlay.com

#2016548 - 04/02/17 08:34 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Good lord get over the bromance already. I was nice about it and you continue embarrassing yourself.

My insight is normal, not abby normal.

Here in Denver, we have a couple decent safeties (secondary players) that came from KU. You don't see me drone on and on and on. Act like we have been there before Appy.

#2016555 - 04/03/17 09:18 AM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"McDougald may have opportunities at offseason reps while Thomas comes back from a broken leg and Chancellor’s rehabbing from ankle surgery, but he’s a depth signing there."So says one NBC Sports writer (Darin Gantt) I just looked up for you. Confirmed my comment. A niche player backing up two Pro Bowlers. Nice

#2016560 - 04/03/17 02:28 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: KUCO_VOC]
jayhawk_4_life2 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: one foot in slave state one fo...
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Here in Denver, we have a couple decent safeties that came from KU. You don't see me drone on and on and on. Act like we have been there before Appy.

I'm not a Donkey follower but I believe the two KU players that are there playing are CB. That is a much different position than safety at the NFL level. In fact, those two CB are a little more than decent:

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/...denver-broncos/

#2016561 - 04/03/17 03:18 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: KUCO_VOC]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"McDougald may have opportunities at offseason reps while Thomas comes back from a broken leg and Chancellor’s rehabbing from ankle surgery, but he’s a depth signing there."So says one NBC Sports writer (Darin Gantt) I just looked up for you. Confirmed my comment.

The comments from a sports writer hardly compare to comments from the head coach and general manager who targeted and acquired the player for a purpose. I'll certainly take their word for their plans and intentions concerning a specific player over some sports writer.
As for you...your comments are about as normal as a square marble, and there in no one here who drones on and on and on anywhere near the extent you do.
It's easy to understand the difficulty you have finding a place that actually values your worthless input.

www.cappersoverlay.com

#2016563 - 04/03/17 03:45 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: jayhawk_4_life2]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: jayhawk_4_life2
Here in Denver, we have a couple decent safeties that came from KU. You don't see me drone on and on and on. Act like we have been there before Appy.

I'm not a Donkey follower but I believe the two KU players that are there playing are CB. That is a much different position than safety at the NFL level. In fact, those two CB are a little more than decent:

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/...denver-broncos/
Appy - I meant two Kansas players in the secondary rather than "safeties ". Correction. I don't believe you understand but I understated Harris Jr & Co due to your boring dissertation on mcdougall. You truly believe he is a major star. But no one else backs you up here. But hey believe what you want...😏

A one year contract for $1-2million does not speak stardom.

Cleveland Browns free agent contract does not speak stardom.

#2016564 - 04/03/17 03:49 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
"McDougald may have opportunities at offseason reps while Thomas comes back from a broken leg and Chancellor’s rehabbing from ankle surgery, but he’s a depth signing there."So says one NBC Sports writer (Darin Gantt) I just looked up for you. Confirmed my comment.

The comments from a sports writer hardly compare to comments from the head coach and general manager who targeted and acquired the player for a purpose. I'll certainly take their word for their plans and intentions concerning a specific player over some sports writer.
As for you...your comments are about as normal as a square marble, and there in no one here who drones on and on and on anywhere near the extent you do.
It's easy to understand the difficulty you have finding a place that actually values your worthless input.
You need to have a snickers Marsha! I never asked you to slam me over ANYTHING. You claimed to be ignoring me, but yet here you are.

I value input and would never be as heartless as Appy. Carry on.

Edited by KUCO_VOC (04/04/17 06:51 PM)

#2016566 - 04/03/17 03:56 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

You will notice eventually that Seahawks news isn't really a hot topic on here. I was being polite to give SOME input.

#2016569 - 04/03/17 05:02 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: appyhawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
My understanding is the Seahawks use a 4-2-5 defense.

Sherman and Lane make up the corners.
Thomas and Chancellor are the safeties.

McDougald, from the discussion online and on ESPN's NFL Live, would be competing for a bit of a do-it-all position playing a linebacker/hybrid safety that also performs the duties of a nickel corner from time to time if he can manage and what the staff wants to do with him.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2016571 - 04/03/17 07:06 PM Re: KU's Bradley Mcdougald to Seahawks [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
My understanding is the Seahawks use a 4-2-5 defense.

Sherman and Lane make up the corners.
Thomas and Chancellor are the safeties.

McDougald, from the discussion online and on ESPN's NFL Live, would be competing for a bit of a do-it-all position playing a linebacker/hybrid safety that also performs the duties of a nickel corner from time to time if he can manage and what the staff wants to do with him.
Sounds like a nice niche role for someone with his experience with the Buccaneers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview