Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2015807 - 03/10/17 04:19 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

We can agree that Beaty has to try some different strategies to reduce the likelihood that his HS OL and HS DL recruits get poached. We can agree to disagree on whether recruits are capable of giving a silent verbal and keeping that news to themselves. We also can agree to disagree on how to handle a recruit that does not keep his word and leaks the news before signing day.

As far as OU offering right after KU offers maybe Beaty should slow play some of his offers so OU has to do more of their own recruiting analysis for themselves.

Edited by pizzanbeer (03/10/17 04:20 PM)

#2015833 - 03/10/17 11:37 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
We can agree that Beaty has to try some different strategies to reduce the likelihood that his HS OL and HS DL recruits get poached. We can agree to disagree on whether recruits are capable of giving a silent verbal and keeping that news to themselves. We also can agree to disagree on how to handle a recruit that does not keep his word and leaks the news before signing day.

As far as OU offering right after KU offers maybe Beaty should slow play some of his offers so OU has to do more of their own recruiting analysis for themselves.
I'm not completely disagreeing with your take on if a recruit is capable of keeping a silent commitment or not, as some have shown they are. My only point was, a lot can't or won't.

Not sure KU has the luxury to slow play many of these guys right now. Maybe with a few.

#2015848 - 03/11/17 11:12 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer

I'm not completely disagreeing with your take on if a recruit is capable of keeping a silent commitment or not, as some have shown they are. My only point was, a lot can't or won't.

Not sure KU has the luxury to slow play many of these guys right now. Maybe with a few.
I say amen to that! It's not been said enough lately, we have to put out the dumpster fire known as Kansas football. We need to stop making excuses, and start making plays.

#2015875 - 03/11/17 09:01 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I say amen to that! It's not been said enough lately, we have to put out the dumpster fire known as Kansas football. We need to stop making excuses, and start making plays.
That's not what I said and not what I meant. I meant that only a small handful of programs around the country can really get away with slow playing higher rated recruits and right now KU is not in that small group. Leave it to you to turn it into an excuse to further dump on the program.

#2015880 - 03/12/17 09:58 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"That's not what I said" tells me you are eager to dispute ANYTHING I post. You said it, and I tried to give you a positive spin with my comments. Dumping not allowed is a common complaint you espouse 💯 % of the time.

#2015897 - 03/12/17 10:41 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"That's not what I said" tells me you are eager to dispute ANYTHING I post. You said it, and I tried to give you a positive spin with my comments. Dumping not allowed is a common complaint you espouse 💯 % of the time.
That's exactly what you did to what I said, put your spin on it.

Don't attribute YOUR spin to me.

#2015906 - 03/13/17 11:35 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Beaty would not have to do a silent offer and silent verbal for recruits that OU would find on their own. He would just do it for HS OL and HS DL recruits that are under the radar where he wants to try and keep them under the radar. These would be players in states that OU does not recruit as heavily where they are less likely to notice them.

As far as slowing down the rate of offers for HS OL and HS DL what I mean is that Beaty could wait a little longer to offer players that he wants to keep under the radar. That would make it easier for the recruits to keep their word on a silent verbal because it would be closer to signing day when they actually give Beaty the silent verbal. The less time they have to keep the secret before signing day then the more likely they are to keep the verbal a secret.

Edited by pizzanbeer (03/13/17 11:37 AM)

#2015920 - 03/13/17 04:40 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Hawaii is one state we could get some silent verbals.

#2015921 - 03/13/17 04:41 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

That's exactly what you did to what I said, put your spin on it.

Don't attribute YOUR spin to me.
If you read things correctly you wouldn't wonder about what I said you said.

#2016155 - 03/19/17 01:46 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
The Kook is on the loose again!

#2016185 - 03/20/17 07:16 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
The Kook is on the loose again!
Could say the same for Kman_boo...