Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2015705 - 03/08/17 08:47 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Philosopher Aristotle once said "Patience is a Virtue". He probably said it for more than one time during three long football seasons in the fifth century.

I don't know what that picture is, but boy is it ugly!
1 time!?!? LOL

Also, 3 full football seasons...so you were b!tching and moaning like this during Weis's last year? If so, it wasn't on this board. Else, you've already written off this season which would be foolish to put it nicely.
Weis didn't have three full seasons, just so you know. It's a known fact.

#2015711 - 03/08/17 11:29 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: track
You must have forgotten those annual 60 to 3 butt whippings those huskers routinely put on us. The came to town in their red cowboy hats and took over our stadium.

Didn't forget.....but getting ones butt handed to them by those Bugeater teams wasn't as bad as getting ones butt handed to them by EVERYONE on the freaking schedule as has happened the last 7 seasons.

#2015712 - 03/08/17 01:17 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Funsy discuss? How long can someone coach a bad P5 before he is released from his duties? He gets 3 years but does he get 4 if we don't on field progress.
Depends on the situation the coach came into as well as what kind of progress is apparent during those 3 or 4 years.

Someone who doesn't understand those things, doesn't understand how college football works IMHO.
Oh I understand glitter talk from you. You still think Gill/Weis is the coach. The 95 % loss ratio is all Beaty. Do you believe the current "earned it" coach can ever reach .500 ? You are the only one.
I and I believe most everyone else around understands your crap all over everything schtick.

If you don't understand what it means to take over a struggling P5 college program with only about 57 scholarship players on the team and how long something like that takes to deal with, then you frankly don't have a clue about how college football, or football in general works.

You're also the dolt who thought either coach Beaty has been our HC for 3 seasons now or inexplicably included Weis's last year as part of your diatribe against having patience with what coach Beaty is doing. Either way, it shows you don't have a very good grasp on facts or reality which the latter you claim to be trying to spread. Although, your version of "reality" smells a lot more like horse sh!t to me.

#2015713 - 03/08/17 01:20 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
I don't know. There seems to be more to it than just them being lazy and trying to swoop in to steal the more prized recruits from us after we do all the work evaluating them. I mean, why aren't they trying to do that with other Big 12 programs? Sure, they often go after some of the same recruits as other Big 12 teams, but I don't think they're immediately offering recruits once they get another Big 12 offer, outside of KU offers. Dgless21's comment about what coach Beaty said during the season ticket holder event about OU doing this also seems to me to lend credence to the idea that they're worried on some level about the potential of KU's program eating away some at theirs.

Maybe Lincoln Riley is doing it to mess with his brother. Or Stoops is trying to get revenge for Mangino. Beaty could cut down on the problem by going silent with some of his offers like he did with Kerr Johnson. Using silent offers would be a good strategy to cut down on bird dogging towards the end of the recruiting cycle when all of the schools are scrambling to fill open spots.
OU hasn't been waiting until the end of the recruiting cycle. They've been doing it all throughout the cycle and began doing it this cycle immediately after our big Junior Day, like the next day or 2 after.

I don't think any sibling rivalry is at play here. Seems to be something a lot more to me, even more than any lingering animosity about Mangino.

#2015714 - 03/08/17 01:44 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
OU hasn't been waiting until the end of the recruiting cycle. They've been doing it all throughout the cycle and began doing it this cycle immediately after our big Junior Day, like the next day or 2 after.

Right. They've removed a lot of the work. They don't have to scout or do legwork on a lot of players. They just have to convince recruits that OU is a better option once offered.

Curious if they do this to other schools in the Big 12.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2015715 - 03/08/17 03:03 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Funsy discuss? How long can someone coach a bad P5 before he is released from his duties? He gets 3 years but does he get 4 if we don't on field progress.
Depends on the situation the coach came into as well as what kind of progress is apparent during those 3 or 4 years.

Someone who doesn't understand those things, doesn't understand how college football works IMHO.
Oh I understand glitter talk from you. You still think Gill/Weis is the coach. The 95 % loss ratio is all Beaty. Do you believe the current "earned it" coach can ever reach .500 ? You are the only one.
I and I believe most everyone else around understands your crap all over everything schtick.

If you don't understand what it means to take over a struggling P5 college program with only about 57 scholarship players on the team and how long something like that takes to deal with, then you frankly don't have a clue about how college football, or football in general works.

You're also the dolt who thought either coach Beaty has been our HC for 3 seasons now or inexplicably included Weis's last year as part of your diatribe against having patience with what coach Beaty is doing. Either way, it shows you don't have a very good grasp on facts or reality which the latter you claim to be trying to spread. Although, your version of "reality" smells a lot more like horse sh!t to me.
Fact: I was talking about Aristotle and you were not. Fact: Beaty has a long third season coming up to confirm what I've said all along. Lacks experience and hasn't a clue on game days, yet. Your doltish comments about horse poop are just some horse poop to me and as far as I know to everyone else who posts here and reads your always cheery crap.

#2015716 - 03/08/17 03:06 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

[quote=pizzanbeer][quote=Kman_blue]I don't know. There seems to be more to it than just them being lazy and trying to swoop in to steal the more prized recruits from us after we do all the work evaluating them. I mean, why aren't they trying to do that with other Big 12 programs? Sure, they often go after some of the same recruits as other Big 12 teams, but I don't think they're immediately offering recruits once they get another Big 12 offer, outside of KU offers. Dgless21's comment about what coach Beaty said during the season ticket holder event about OU doing this also seems to me to lend credence to the idea that they're worried on some level about the potential of KU's program eating away some at theirs.
OU 2018 team recruiting rankings is right behind Kansas per 247 website, just so you know.

#2015728 - 03/09/17 12:55 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Fact: I was talking about Aristotle and you were not. Fact: Beaty has a long third season coming up to confirm what I've said all along. Lacks experience and hasn't a clue on game days, yet. Your doltish comments about horse poop are just some horse poop to me and as far as I know to everyone else who posts here and reads your always cheery crap.
That's not a fact, but rather the antithesis of a fact. I know it's your deepest dearest desire for the upcoming season, but as the season is still 6 months in the future, it's results are not facts yet.

LOL on the last 1/2 of what you said.

#2015729 - 03/09/17 01:04 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I don't know. There seems to be more to it than just them being lazy and trying to swoop in to steal the more prized recruits from us after we do all the work evaluating them. I mean, why aren't they trying to do that with other Big 12 programs? Sure, they often go after some of the same recruits as other Big 12 teams, but I don't think they're immediately offering recruits once they get another Big 12 offer, outside of KU offers. Dgless21's comment about what coach Beaty said during the season ticket holder event about OU doing this also seems to me to lend credence to the idea that they're worried on some level about the potential of KU's program eating away some at theirs.
OU 2018 team recruiting rankings is right behind Kansas per 247 website, just so you know.

2 spots and a decent amount of points behind KU on Rivals. Also a decent amount of point differential on 247 too.

Not sure that's directly pertinent to them immediately going after a number of our current commits or recent offers this year or in the past 2 years.

#2015730 - 03/09/17 01:05 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21

Right. They've removed a lot of the work. They don't have to scout or do legwork on a lot of players. They just have to convince recruits that OU is a better option once offered.

Curious if they do this to other schools in the Big 12.
I've casually looked around and can't find them doing this to any other Big 12 school, even Okie St. Maybe they do do it to Okie St. some, but it sure doesn't look like they do to the extent they've been doing it to KU recently.

#2015731 - 03/09/17 01:10 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Maybe Lincoln Riley is doing it to mess with his brother. Or Stoops is trying to get revenge for Mangino. Beaty could cut down on the problem by going silent with some of his offers like he did with Kerr Johnson. Using silent offers would be a good strategy to cut down on bird dogging towards the end of the recruiting cycle when all of the schools are scrambling to fill open spots.
I agree silent commits would be a good way to try and head this kind of crap off, but I think that's a lot easier said than done in today's world.

#2015738 - 03/09/17 09:30 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

2 spots and a decent amount of points behind KU on Rivals. Also a decent amount of point differential on 247 too.

Not sure that's directly pertinent to them immediately going after a number of our current commits or recent offers this year or in the past 2 years.
OU being right next to Kansas on 2018 recruiting (247 source) is indirectly interesting due to the posts lately bringing up OU and their "lazy ways". It's interesting but not directly pertinent as you suggested.

#2015739 - 03/09/17 09:32 AM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I agree silent commits would be a good way to try and head this kind of crap off, but I think that's a lot easier said than done in today's world.
Kids would not go for that type of Nixonian style of recruiting. Neither would the proud parents in general...

#2015775 - 03/09/17 08:00 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

If you can't trust the recruit to keep his mouth shut about a verbal then why would you trust the verbal itself? Beaty can stipulate that if the recruit announces the verbal before signing day then Beaty will pull the offer.

You are too skeptical on this. We would only use silent verbals for HS OL and HS DL recruits to fix our major poaching problems. It's not like Beaty would use this for all 20+ recruits.

Edited by pizzanbeer (03/09/17 08:22 PM)

#2015799 - 03/10/17 01:38 PM Re: Recruiting HS OL & HS DL [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

These are still 17-18 year olds. They're a lot more impulsive still and excitable. It's also a very exciting time for them and I can't blame one for wanting people to know he's gonna get a full ride to play P5 football. It could be as simple as telling his family and his kid brother posts it on social media somewhere.

I get it, that you'd hope everyone is solid on their word in the way you describe and that's important, but not everyone is.

I wouldn't hold it against a recruit if they agreed to keep a commitment silent, but let it slip out later. I wouldn't pull their scholarship, but rather try to as strongly as possible reaffirm his commitment.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview