Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2015143 - 02/19/17 07:52 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: pizzanbeer]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
I've "heard" KU/Beaty is trying to bring back Dawson from KSU...but don't know how likely/legitimate that is.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2015144 - 02/19/17 08:21 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: dgless21]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Originally Posted By: dgless21
I've "heard" KU/Beaty is trying to bring back Dawson from KSU...but don't know how likely/legitimate that is.

If Snyder is on his way out soon, Dawson might be looking for a new job. He could be trying to move on before that happens.

#2015145 - 02/19/17 09:10 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Seems like some long time ksu coaches retiring or leaving lately. Could be a HC coaching change on the near horizon is what it looks like from the outside. That may be what could get coach Dawson back to KU too, but maybe not. From what I understand, he's personally quite loyal to the old man.

#2015150 - 02/20/17 08:43 AM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: carp]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: carp
I believe Jesse Williams is a good hire as a defense of line coach. But I believe coach Beaty dropped the ball when he did not sign Nathon Rourke a freshman from Fort Scott community college who was first team Qb and runner up offensive player of the year in the Jayhawk conference who is heading to Ohio University where coach Williams came from. I saw in the Lawrence Journal that Kale Pick head football coach and office coordinator at Fort Scott Community College tried to get KU to recruit Rourke(saw in the article they described him as a Todd Reesing type quarterback but is 6 foot 3 and weighs 210 pounds, his youtube video was tremendous). I heard Rourke is a 4.0 student and scored a 29 on his ACT and a relentless worker. Nobody knew about him because he was from Ontario Canada. Kale Pick runs the air raid offense which he learned from Texas A&M offensive coordinator Jake Spavital when he was a graduate assistant at Texas A&M which also would've been a good fit for Rourke at KU. We would've had Rourke for 3 years instead of 2 which is what we are getting from the player from California Junior college. Did the QB we got from California Junior college have to transfer from Washington State because of grades or did he just want to transfer from Washington State ? I hope this decision not to recruit Rourke does not haunt us when we play the Ohio Bobcats next fall.

I agree totally. the throw he made at the 1.00 mark is what NFL quarterbacks can do.

Rourke

#2015151 - 02/20/17 09:23 AM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: pizzanbeer]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Ohio's Defense under Jesse Williams 6 losses giving up
Average Per Game 224.4 255.8
TDs Passing 22 25

Need pressure on that QB to prevent passing.

Sep 10, 2016 Lawrence, Kan. OHIO 37, Kansas 21

RUSHING No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg.
Kinner, Ke'aun 5 17 1 16 0 8 3.2

PASSING Cmp-Att-Int Yds TD Long Sack
Cozart, Montell 17-24-0 198 2 74 0

No pass rush to sack Cozart.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview