Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2015101 - 02/17/17 10:30 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: pizzanbeer]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Well anyway, Williams looks like a solid hire. We'll see how he does with the two studs he inherited and if he can develop the incoming talent.

#2015103 - 02/18/17 06:34 AM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: AlOerter]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Well anyway, Williams looks like a solid hire. We'll see how he does with the two studs he inherited and if he can develop the incoming talent.
Armstrong Wise have been discussed as the two studs inherited, let's hope we hold onto the group until we can both stabilize the staff defections and win some games.

#2015105 - 02/18/17 09:31 AM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: pizzanbeer]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Stability would be a plus. Any word on strength and conditioning replacement?

#2015112 - 02/18/17 03:15 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: AlOerter]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Yes KUCO is the new S & C coach. His military style is unsurpassed...

#2015115 - 02/18/17 04:41 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: pizzanbeer]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

At last, a physically superior team.

#2015117 - 02/18/17 11:31 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Solich hire solid coaches to coach with him. He's won at the Big 12 P-5 level as well as at the MAC level. He knows how to coach and who can versus who can't coach.

Also, have heard at least 2 other P-5 programs were trying to hire Williams away from going to KU at the last minute, so there must be some other current P-5 HC's out there who also think he'd be a good hire.
My whole point, which wasn't to say Solich sucks, was that it's time for Williams to step up his game to P-5 level. Couple posters on here think we can win with coaching that mirrors MAC level. Historically that is incorrect if you look MAC 17 wins versus 69 losses when playing BIG 12 level competition. Or close to those numbers dgless.
Williams will definitely have to perform to keep his job under coach Beaty, as coach has shown he's not afraid to make changes if he thinks they're necessary.

Also, there's some good coaching going on in the MAC. Some bad and mediocre as well of course, but there's been quite a few good ones that came out of the MAC. Urban Meyer and Nick Saban say hello.

The reason why the MAC's record against the Big 12 and probably all of the P-5 conferences isn't that good isn't because of poor coaching, but rather a disparity in overall team talent.

#2015118 - 02/18/17 11:34 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: AlOerter]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Heard a couple of rumors about 2 coaches, but I think that's just what they were, rumors.

Coach Beaty may have reached out to them both on some level, but I don't think anyone is in lead contention, much less secretly hired yet. Really hope we get a good one, at least as good as Jackson was.

#2015119 - 02/19/17 02:18 AM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: pizzanbeer]
Josh2408 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

If I was the strength coach them boys would be in the weight room as much as allowed, and at home to, put them in Boxing rings and such

#2015120 - 02/19/17 06:53 AM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Solich hire solid coaches to coach with him. He's won at the Big 12 P-5 level as well as at the MAC level. He knows how to coach and who can versus who can't coach.

Also, have heard at least 2 other P-5 programs were trying to hire Williams away from going to KU at the last minute, so there must be some other current P-5 HC's out there who also think he'd be a good hire.
My whole point, which wasn't to say Solich sucks, was that it's time for Williams to step up his game to P-5 level. Couple posters on here think we can win with coaching that mirrors MAC level. Historically that is incorrect if you look MAC 17 wins versus 69 losses when playing BIG 12 level competition. Or close to those numbers dgless.
Williams will definitely have to perform to keep his job under coach Beaty, as coach has shown he's not afraid to make changes if he thinks they're necessary.

Also, there's some good coaching going on in the MAC. Some bad and mediocre as well of course, but there's been quite a few good ones that came out of the MAC. Urban Meyer and Nick Saban say hello.

The reason why the MAC's record against the Big 12 and probably all of the P-5 conferences isn't that good isn't because of poor coaching, but rather a disparity in overall team talent.
Turner Gill says hello also! But Williams has an earnedit background that is just below our conference generally.

#2015121 - 02/19/17 06:55 AM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: Josh2408]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Josh2408
If I was the strength coach them boys would be in the weight room as much as allowed, and at home to, put them in Boxing rings and such
I won't apply, your hired!

#2015124 - 02/19/17 09:16 AM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: pizzanbeer]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Kuco,

Just curious, how many people attend your watch party?

#2015127 - 02/19/17 10:36 AM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
Kuco,

Just curious, how many people attend your watch party?
I talked to the Blue Spruce ownership before Saturday's game about attendance & apparently we had a turnover on coordinator for this area this year. Fewer people during weekday (Monday's game). Saturday's attendance was around 25. Blue spruce is a large microbrew pub. Serves both food and beverage. Obviously March Madness brings out more. We had a Gonzaga fan show up! I told him Baylor is probably as good as Pacific, Portland- lol

We gain control over most of the tv's. 8-10 I believe. But also the main watchers go downtown Denver to Stoney's pub. They get more folks to that place. But I live south so more often I am at BS. Both ownerships are really Kansas folks. A lot of the crowds show up as groups of families or friends.

#2015133 - 02/19/17 06:20 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
MAC conf wins 2 loses 7 historically against BIG 12. You are talking Gameball style wins vs losses. Not good for KU. SOlich was bounced out of the BIG 12 at Nebraska so...
He was bounced out by an idiot A.D. after a 9-3 season. I've talked to numerous husker fans that said it was the biggest mistake in coaching decisions. Gameball coached at Northern Iowa. They are not in the MAC.

#2015140 - 02/19/17 07:13 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
MAC conf wins 2 loses 7 historically against BIG 12. You are talking Gameball style wins vs losses. Not good for KU. SOlich was bounced out of the BIG 12 at Nebraska so...
He was bounced out by an idiot A.D. after a 9-3 season. I've talked to numerous husker fans that said it was the biggest mistake in coaching decisions. Gameball coached at Northern Iowa. They are not in the MAC.
I said that we don't need Gameball type wins losses nothing to do with MAC coaching when I mentioned Gameball.

#2015142 - 02/19/17 07:30 PM Re: New DL Coach Jesse Williams [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Heard another bit about 1 more coach, so now that's 3 guys I've heard gossip that KU showed interest in them for the job.

Was also told by someone coach Beaty has a favorite, but it's gonna take some wheeling and dealing to secure him for the job. Was also told that KU wants to have someone officially hired by the end of this week.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview