Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 ... 93 94 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2014036 - 01/30/17 01:58 PM Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! ***
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
As National Signing Day for 2017 approaches this Wednesday, I thought why not begin looking at 2018 a little bit?

I'll start off with the only known offer out to a Kansas recruit so far according to Rivals in Miles Emery, a 6'5" 235lbs. 3 star DE out of Blue Valley North HS in Overland Park, KS. OU just offered him last week after a visit by our ex-DL coach, Thibodeaux, to his HS. No idea of his leanings or anything else about him right now, other than he's currently ranked the #13 DE in the nation for 2018 by Rivals.

KU has also offered several guys on the Missouri side of KC. In no particular order are.

Mario Goodrich, a 6'2" 180lbs. 4 star athlete out of Lee's Summit West HS in Lee's Summit, MO. He's got offers from almost every P5 school within 300 miles or so. Right now it seems the recruiting websites think he's a Nebraska lean, but it's still quite early obviously.

Cartez Crook-Jones, a 6'4" 230lbs. 3 star DE out of Grandview HS in Grandview, MO. So far, he's only showing offers from KU and ISU. He's not in the databases yet of a couple of the recruiting websites, so there's little info on him yet.

Daniel Carson, a 6'5" 270lbs. 3 star DE out of William Chrisman Senior HS in Independence, MO. KU was his 1st offer, but our former DL coach, Thibodeaux, struck again and also offered him (for OU) late last week while visiting his HS. Seems like our old ex-coach is trying to undermine our DL recruiting locally here. He's been hot on the heals of several of our offers now. Starting to not like OU even more!

Daniel Parker, Jr., a 6'3" 265lbs. 3 star DT out of Blue Springs HS in Blue Springs, MO. KU was 1 of his first offers and good ole coach Thibs didn't offer him while in KC last week! He's just about the only DL recruit KU has offered who Thibs didn't follow up on with an OU offer. So far, he's got 7 D-1 offers, including KU both the Iowa's, mizzery, and the Corn.

KU has also offered a St. Louis recruit in Trevor Trout, a 6'3" 295lbs. 4 star DT out of Chaminade HS in St. Louis, MO. He's got offers from most of the Big 12, including OU and Texas, as well as offers from most of the Big 10 and some SEC and PAC-12 schools in addition to his offer from KU. i.e. he's a big recruiting target for a ton of schools.

KU has also offered several Oklahoma prospects early as well. Nice to see KU hitting the state of Oklahoma hard again after seemingly ignoring it for a few years there, as we've pulled in some really nice players out of Oklahoma over the past 15 to 20 years or so.

Ace Vick, a 5'11" 160lbs. unranked DB out of Midwest City HS in Midwest City, OK. So far, KU is his only P5 offer and 1 of 3 D-1 offers, with the others being Wyoming and Memphis.

Sean Shaw, a 6'4" 200lbs. 4 star WR out of Jones HS in Jones, OK. KU was his 1st D-1 offer and so far he's only got 1 other offer and it's from SMU, but I expect his offer list will grow quickly.

Ron Tatum, a 6'5" 260lbs. 3 star DE out of Putnam City HS in Oklahoma City, OK. KU was also 1 of his first offers, but wouldn't you know our ex-coach strikes again! and OU offered him soon after. Seriously, on this one he's also got offers from the other Okie school, UT, and Alabama. This kid is going to have the pick of the litter so to speak of where he wants to go.

Nikia Jones, a 6'3" 210lbs. 3 star WR out of Wagoner HS in Wagoner, OK. So far, KU is his only D-1 offer.

Jalen Redmond, a 6'4" 230lbs. 3 star DE out of Midwest City HS in Midwest City, OK and teammate of Ace Vick. He's got offers from most of the Big 12, including both the Okie schools in addition to KU.

KU has a plethora of offers out to Louisiana recruits as well. This includes Yo'Heinz Tyler, a 6'5" 190lbs. WR out of Warren Easton Senior in New Orleans, LA and former home of coach Hull, who has KU at the top of his list right now, but I'll post those later or perhaps someone else will post about them. For right now, I think this is a good starter for the 2018 class thread.

#2014050 - 01/30/17 04:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
"I'll start off with the only known offer out to a Kansas recruit so far according to Rivals in Miles Emery, a 6'5" 235lbs. 3 star DE out of Blue Valley North HS in Overland Park, KS. OU just offered him last week after a visit by our ex-DL coach, Thibodeaux, to his HS. No idea of his leanings or anything else about him right now, other than he's currently ranked the #13 DE in the nation for 2018 by Rivals."

Blows me away a kid ranked top 15 in the nation is only accorded 3 star ranking.
How does that happen Kman?

www.cappersoverlay.com

#2014053 - 01/30/17 04:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
That's not entirely true. He's the #13 Weakside defensive end.

All 12 players above him are 4 stars. There are also 14 Strongside defensive ends that get 4-5 stars. He's really the 27th ranked DE...if you include both.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2014057 - 01/30/17 06:20 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yes, he's currently ranked as the #13 Weakside DE by Rivals, but Rivals is also still very early into their 2018 recruit ratings and there's a bunch of guys who have numerous P-5 offers, including many blue blood type offers who are either not rated or rated as 3 star recruits right now also. They'll certainly re-rate these recruits a few times before now and 2018 NSD.

#2014060 - 01/30/17 07:34 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
"I'll start off with the only known offer out to a Kansas recruit so far according to Rivals in Miles Emery, a 6'5" 235lbs. 3 star DE out of Blue Valley North HS in Overland Park, KS. OU just offered him last week after a visit by our ex-DL coach, Thibodeaux, to his HS. No idea of his leanings or anything else about him right now, other than he's currently ranked the #13 DE in the nation for 2018 by Rivals."

Blows me away a kid ranked top 15 in the nation is only accorded 3 star ranking.
How does that happen Kman?
I know you may not want to have others answer but there is a limited # of 4 & 5's.

#2014108 - 01/31/17 03:33 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I know you may not want to have others answer but there is a limited # of 4 & 5's.

#2014127 - 02/01/17 08:59 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

KU's 1st Junior day of the year will be this coming Saturday and I've heard they're going to have a really big group of Juniors coming. Talk of a couple of dozen recruits from Louisiana driving up for it even.

KU usually gets a good group of Kansas/KC recruits along with some good groups from the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Oklahoma, and Missouri, as well as a few from other surrounding states, but this is the 1st time I've heard of such a large group coming from Louisiana.

Coach Hull still doin serious work!

Also have heard that quite a few of these recruits will be highly rated type guys too. No slight on any recruits who aren't currently highly rated as it's still very early in the 2018 recruiting period (1st day!) and a lot of guys just get missed by the recruiting services, but it's pretty cool to have so many highly rated guys coming in to check out KU up close and personal.

#2014132 - 02/01/17 09:10 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

We're supposedly high up on the list for four star WR Lawrence Keys III from McDonogh 35 (NOLA) and the favorite for unrated Weakside defensive end Markus Martin from Baton Rouge.

http://247sports.com/player/lawrence-keys-iii-88429

http://247sports.com/player/markus-martin-81386

#2014181 - 02/02/17 12:29 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
I know there are some unknowns because of potential transfers both in and out, but as it stands today, approximately what kind of number of recruits are we looking for in 2018? These redshirt, grayshirt, camoshirt categories are confusing to me. (Camoshirt is a new category for those players you can't identify.)

#2014187 - 02/02/17 08:18 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Rivals made it appear that we signed 21 and had 6 take an initial counter from last year. Which means at least 2 would have to take an initial counter from next year (because we only get 25 initial counters per year -- 27 is 2 more than 25).

Best case would be 23 initial counters left for 2018.

If we gave ALL of the walk-ons scholarships from next year's initial counters (unlikely), we'd be at 16 initial counters. (Kaufmann, Boatner, Jack Williams, Burt, Marshall, Oshita, McQuillian)

I would guess that we'll have a class similar to this year's where we sign 20ish players and bring in a handful of walk-ons for 2018.

#2014197 - 02/02/17 10:28 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Beaty mentioned yesterday that the junior day this coming weekend would ideally be 10-12 players and that these guys were high level guys.

He mentioned that one of the players called to confirm the junior day and mentioned having talked to Tom (Herman), Jimbo, and Urban this week.

#2014200 - 02/02/17 01:00 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

My best guess off the top of my head is about what Dgless21's is.

I think the "official" class will have between 17-20 in it, but we'll actually get about 25 or so, with some blueshirting, etc.

I don't think any of the walkons for this class will get scholarships this coming season, so I don't think they'll affect the numbers. I do think a few walkons from the 2016 class will get scholarships AFTER this coming season, which means they too won't affect the numbers other than the 85 total scholarship player count.

#2014235 - 02/03/17 08:27 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Mods, can we get a pin?

Ayodele Adeoye from STL is visiting this weekend.
Offers: MU, Illinois, N. Illinois, Bowling Green, Utah State, KU, others

http://247sports.com/Player/Ayodele-Adeoye-46038498

Daniel Parker, Jr from Blue Springs is visiting.
Offers: Iowa, Missouri, Minnesota, Nebraska, others
http://247sports.com/player/daniel-parker-94085

JayhawkSlantVerified account ‏@JayhawkSlant 7m
JR DAY Update: Four from KS, seven from Louisiana, six from MO, one from TX. A lot of Power Five talent #kufball

#2014236 - 02/03/17 08:34 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

#2014238 - 02/03/17 09:04 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

Sorry I spoke up but it's impossible to keep up with the unicorn 🦄 poster

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 ... 93 94 >

Preview