Page 77 of 79 < 1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2022797 - 11/01/17 04:32 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! *** [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
Jason and Harris are gone even if Beaty isn't fired.
That's been a popular belief for 9 months now.

#2022842 - 11/02/17 02:00 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
Jason and Harris are gone even if Beaty isn't fired.
Just heard they've both set up their official visit to KU just 2 weeks before the new early NSD.

Also heard again from another source that both are still committed to KU as long as Beaty and Hull are still coaching here. Same source told me that LSU has been really putting the heat on Jason though and trying to flip him. Sounds like they've been hitting him up just about daily for the past month from what I heard.

Also have heard a lot of schools have been trying to flip Pooka Williams in the last month. OU offered him a couple of months ago and has been after him fairly hard lately from what I heard.

It's going to be a battle til the end, but I still think KU is in the driver seat for all 3 guys, Williams, Jason, and Harris.

My guess is Williams is 100% with KU no matter what(assuming Beaty isn't fired) and that Harris and Jason are nearly there too, but Jason will be the toughest to hold onto mostly because of the full court press LSU has been putting on him lately.

#2022843 - 11/02/17 02:05 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Forgot to mention, I also heard we're going to get official visits on the same weekend that Harris, Jason, and Williams will be here on from a couple other really good Louisiana recruits. Didn't hear exactly who they are other than both are highly sought after guys, I got the impression that neither they nor KU wants their names out in the public and that's why no names were mentioned in what I heard.

#2022853 - 11/02/17 05:18 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
The #’s of recruits for 2018 seem low for Kansas. Hard to get kids interested if you (DB) aren’t winning and actually getting absolutely crushed each week. Can he win ? Or coach?

#2022855 - 11/02/17 05:32 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It is low and our final number will be low because of previous blueshirts and grayshirts.

#2023078 - 11/07/17 07:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Pile of crap year, huh?

Victor Viramontes, 6'2" JUCO QB, has been offered a 2018 schollie. Has been known to both run or pass. Doesn't exactly fit either the four year player image or Air Raid offense but I suppose Beaty has a plan to wean off JUCOS. Won't be telling us what that is however.

#2023113 - 11/08/17 01:52 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Magicman Offline
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Pile of crap year, huh?

Victor Viramontes, 6'2" JUCO QB, has been offered a 2018 schollie. Has been known to both run or pass. Doesn't exactly fit either the four year player image or Air Raid offense but I suppose Beaty has a plan to wean off JUCOS. Won't be telling us what that is however.

If he's better than what we have now, I'm good with it. There are a ton of JUCO players starting for D1 programs, many from schools in Kansas. There are also a lot of JUCO players playing in the NFL. I hope that this staff is working harder, at recruiting, than any staff in the country. Recruiting should be their number one priority!

#2023118 - 11/08/17 02:15 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Magicman]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kid is a beast. I think he would be an instant upgrade at QB for us. A very good chance of starting for us next year as well.

I'm not fond of too many JUCO's so we'll see how it shakes out, but as Magicman said, there's plenty of really good JUCO players out there. Hopefully those are the only ones we'll end up with. Some really good ones.

The coaches are still recruiting a bunch of HS recruits hard too. A bunch are making official visits to KU on the 2nd weekend of December from what I hear too. So, it's not just JUCO guys they're going after still.

#2023137 - 11/09/17 01:26 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
schmuck34 Online   content
John Brown

Coe Harris and Pooka Williams stated on Twitter they will signing Dec 20.

#2023146 - 11/09/17 02:53 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Kid is a beast. I think he would be an instant upgrade at QB for us. A very good chance of starting for us next year as well.

It doesn't matter if Tom Brady came to QB at KU he wouldn't have a chance with the other positions that suck.

#2023148 - 11/09/17 06:15 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: INation]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: INation

It doesn't matter if Tom Brady came to QB at KU he wouldn't have a chance with the other positions that suck.
+1

#2023149 - 11/09/17 06:23 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I'm not fond of too many JUCO's so we'll see how it shakes out, but as Magicman said, there's plenty of really good JUCO players out there. Hopefully those are the only ones we'll end up with. Some really good ones.

The coaches are still recruiting a bunch of HS recruits hard too. A bunch are making official visits to KU on the 2nd weekend of December from what I hear too. So, it's not just JUCO guys they're going after still.
If you want to believe we no longer are about Jucos, I can start to see you jumping right back on a unicorn

#2023150 - 11/09/17 07:21 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If you want to believe we no longer are about Jucos, I can start to see you jumping right back on a unicorn

#2023157 - 11/10/17 06:57 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

#2023165 - 11/10/17 09:43 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If you want to believe we no longer are about Jucos,
No longer? How many Jucos are committed right now and how many are ultimately signing for 2018?
I can start to see you jumping right back on a unicorn
I'm still a KU football fan..What are you?

Page 77 of 79 < 1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 >

Preview